Seasonal Spread Trading Forum

I think that is Jake Bernstein’s site.The seasonal chart shows a lot of things. But as far as getting into a trade, it shows you the cycle. You still have to gage momentum, follow the trend and run a trailing stop until the end.All the information is distilled in the charts.

Yes, it is Bernstein's site.

As to the question of whether it really is all distilled in the chart, that argument has been running a long time and will run a lot longer.

Re: News

The one about using the news is a slam-dunk!!
[FONT=&quot]The purpose of the press is to sell shares to the public.
[/FONT]

any thoughts on a good spread trading platform and broker, have yet to find a good one that has it all with low commissions

Hello guys,
i am posting my trading plan and i would really appreciate your comments and analysis of it , this works 70% of the time however it is missing something and I would like to make it perfect. with your help

Trading Plan
First I look out for patters of over bought or over sold conditions the example that i am going to give you is an overbought condition.
Second I wait for the stockastic crossover diversion into an overbought condition.
Thirdly I wait for the macd crossover going into a diversion, a histogram diversion or double head.
Fourthly if the moving average is going to cross over I wait until the crossover has finished then I set up my fibonacci, wait until the price breaks the resistance level then wait for a signal like a shooting star or a doji, then short and set my fibonacci again. i get out at 38.2% or if the market is very week at 50%. Obviously this works perfectly if you can short right at the top.
My question is does anyone know of an indicator which lets me know how high the price can go. I am not sure this type of indicator exists.
i would love to paste the chart but i dont know how to do it in link in pls contact me if you want, i will send and email to you with the charts attached
i hope that your trading plans are going well.
RICHARD

Trading Plan
First I look out for patters of over bought or over sold conditions the example that I am going to give you is an overbought condition.
The terms overbought and over sold are misleading. Prices are never so low that they cannot go lower, (with stocks anyway because they can go to zero), and never so high that they cannot go higher.
Second I wait for the stochastic crossover diversion into an overbought condition.
You want to buy in that lower 20% but that does not mean the thing is oversold. It just means that a bounce is expected.
Thirdly I wait for the Macd crossover going into a diversion, a histogram diversion or double head.
MACD is an excellent substitute for moving averages, but this will come later. Moving averages by their very nature are lagging indicators. They come after a price turn. After Stochastics which predicts or parabolic which turns on a dime.
My question is does anyone know of an indicator which lets me know how high the price can go?
Only a seasonal chart can do that. Not only how high but when.

Spread trading community

Hi,

I would like ask if here is some active spread traders which want discuss about trade opportunities? I started trade a spreads in last summer and as you propably know it was terrible summer for a lot of spread traders specialy at grains positions. I lost a lot of but today I have everything back (I don't trade grains because are still so volatile). I prefer energies, meats and soft commodities.

So I will be happy discuss with other spread traders - it's hard find some good comunity for this style of trading, I hope that this will be good place:

finally here is one trading tip Buz HO Z13 / SELL HO U13
HOZ13-HOU13_builder_65980_0_3.png

Regards Pigr :)