Scosey Farewell (ish)

So the mods expect a large number of (almost exclusively) men to gather and there not be banter and 'lulz'.

That is like buying a dog and being surprised when it barks.

Frankly, from a trading perspective there are far superior forums to T2W imo. The lulz, in the appropriate sections of the forum (ie this one) added value in my mind.

How do you know they are men?

So the mods expect a large number of (almost exclusively) men to gather and there not be banter and 'lulz'.

That is like buying a dog and being surprised when it barks.

Frankly, from a trading perspective there are far superior forums to T2W imo. The lulz, in the appropriate sections of the forum (ie this one) added value in my mind. I had many a laugh reading through this site each day during quiet periods.
Hi YANF,
Firstly, I'm not a Mod! Secondly, T2W was largely lulz free for many years: lulz as we've come to know it is a relatively recent phenomenon. I'm a member of a fishing forum whose members are almost exclusively men, and that doesn't have any lulz issues. Sure, there's some lulz and it's all good fun. But the focus of the forum is on fishing - as it should be. Thirdly, and frankly, I completely agree with you about your lulz comment. But, rather like booze, it needs to be in moderation. Otherwise, it gets out of hand and so, so tedious!
;)
Tim.

T2W was largely lulz free for many years: lulz as we've come to know it is a relatively recent phenomenon.

Indeed it is. Have you worked out why that is yet ?

Perhaps outbreaks of lulz are completely random !

On the other hand, perhaps they are predictable !

I know which camp I'm in, and its not the one you might think :LOL:

One thing I'm sure we'd all agree on is that the lack of banter, and reduction in community spirit that we've witnessed over recent months is a change for the worst. (n)

after the destruction of much community spirit let's look on the bright side. vendors are joining, filling the void and posting in droves (y)

...how interesting :(

One thing I'm sure we'd all agree on is that the lack of banter, and reduction in community spirit that we've witnessed over recent months is a change for the worst.
Hi the hare,
I'm not aware of a reduction in 'community spirit'. I suspect that's just you doin' your thang and trying to stir the brown sticky stuff. Even in the highly unlikely event that you're right (a very rare phenomenon), one thing I can say with 100% conviction is that it may be a change for the worse, but it most certainly isn't a change for the worst (sic).

Sorry, couldn't resist! :p
Tim.

Hi the hare,
I'm not aware of a reduction in 'community spirit'. I suspect that's just you doin' your thang and trying to stir the brown sticky stuff. Even in the highly unlikely event that you're right (a very rare phenomenon), one thing I can say with 100% conviction is that it may be a change for the worse, but it most certainly isn't a change for the worst (sic).

Sorry, couldn't resist! :p
Tim.

It seems plain to all that T2W has been pretty dead recently.

after the destruction of much community spirit let's look on the bright side. vendors are joining, filling the void and posting in droves (y)

...how interesting :(

Never mind your community spirit, where's your Dunkirk spirit? Indeed Hare where's your Malta spirit? Has everyone got PTSD (post traumatic spam disorder)?

Hi YANF,
Firstly, I'm not a Mod! Secondly, T2W was largely lulz free for many years: lulz as we've come to know it is a relatively recent phenomenon. I'm a member of a fishing forum whose members are almost exclusively men, and that doesn't have any lulz issues. Sure, there's some lulz and it's all good fun. But the focus of the forum is on fishing - as it should be. Thirdly, and frankly, I completely agree with you about your lulz comment. But, rather like booze, it needs to be in moderation. Otherwise, it gets out of hand and so, so tedious!
;)
Tim.

hi tim,i am intrigued by this fishing forum....

how nefarious are the vendors on this fishing forum? i mean, do they pretend to be...lets say world champion fisherman, post pics of them (in what looks like an urban setting with a j.p & sons butchers in background) with a bag full of great whites claiming they have found the holy grail, only to then a few days later offer to sell that holy grail (a super rod) at a bargain price?

how proactive are the forums in providing vendors a platform to sell their wares? does the forum associate themselves with marketers (not fisherman) and provide offers to their members of discounted fishing strategies which will net you a jesus like quantity of fish down at your local brook? do the vendors talk about the 900% increase in amount of fish they caught using a rod which is 1 of only 89 left in the world?

what about the newbie fisherman....are there repeating posts of newbies asking: 'if i go fishing will i catch a fish?'; 'how many fish can i catch in one day?';'is fishing similar to shooting pheasant?..or playing marbles?'; 'just started fishing and will have decimated the barings sea of fish stock in 2 years!'; 'i is intrigued by thread on catching fish, i forward look from you to learn more about fish much thanking you www.catchafishwithnorod.co.uk'.

i am a member of numerous other hobby forums, all have some type of lulz, none have the ingrained relationship with vendors nor the infinite supply of dumb newbie posters and spammers - this, like the extreme lulz, is a recentish pattern. i am not sure why t2w does have them - as the other trading forums i visit do not have the same issues. my guess is the lulz is a consequence of such an envt (spam, vendor, newbie time wasters, bots), though its almost imposs to prove, yet it wld be invaluable info for you guys if you cld prove it (or disprove and find the actual cause).

I have to say, I do agree with the Hare regarding hte community spirit.
T2W does feel more like a bulletin board / info exchange, as opposed
to the more live on the fly feel it had before.
If that is the intention, its working.

how nefarious are the vendors on this fishing forum? i mean, do they pretend to be...lets say world champion fisherman, post pics of them (in what looks like an urban setting with a j.p & sons butchers in background) with a bag full of great whites claiming they have found the holy grail, only to then a few days later offer to sell that holy grail (a super rod) at a bargain price?

how proactive are the forums in providing vendors a platform to sell their wares? does the forum associate themselves with marketers (not fisherman) and provide offers to their members of discounted fishing strategies which will net you a jesus like quantity of fish down at your local brook? do the vendors talk about the 900% increase in amount of fish they caught using a rod which is 1 of only 89 left in the world?

what about the newbie fisherman....are there repeating posts of newbies asking: 'if i go fishing will i catch a fish?'; 'how many fish can i catch in one day?';'is fishing similar to shooting pheasant?..or playing marbles?'; 'just started fishing and will have decimated the barings sea of fish stock in 2 years!'; 'i is intrigued by thread on catching fish, i forward look from you to learn more about fish much thanking you www.catchafishwithnorod.co.uk'.

i am a member of numerous other hobby forums, all have some type of lulz, none have the ingrained relationship with vendors nor the infinite supply of dumb newbie posters and spammers - this, like the extreme lulz, is a recentish pattern. i am not sure why t2w does have them - as the other trading forums i visit do not have the same issues. my guess is the lulz is a consequence of such an envt (spam, vendor, newbie time wasters, bots), though its almost imposs to prove, yet it wld be invaluable info for you guys if you cld prove it (or disprove and find the actual cause).

What about fish brokers, do they advertise there as well? Even the ones that fiddle the scales by making the odd fish slip out using the virtual scales plugin.

do the vendors talk about the 900% increase in amount of fish they caught using a rod which is 1 of only 89 left in the world .

Ah the secret Nazi fishing rod, no doubt smuggled out under their noses and later used to catch millions of fish.

Would this guy happen to contribute to the fish2win.com book?

does joe ross tell of his great cod fishing exploits?

or contribute with tantalising snippets of his secret breadcrumb recipes perhaps?

...and without lulz/sport i'd wager too, not a captain birdseye pic in sight.

Haven’t been around for a while so my comments are based purely on a gestalt from my brief exposure yesterday.

Yes, the site seems even lamer than it was and just how that could even be possible surprises me. The one thing t2w was acknowledged for being was the premier lulz site, if little to nothing else. Then I realised how they’d done it. With the skills and deft touch which took Tactical Trader to where it, er, isn’t today, Steve Anderton has obviously pin-pointed what works, and then proceeded to get the t2w staff and mods to break it. At least Sharky was just harmlessly asleep at the helm – we now appear to have the equivalent of the ex-captain of the Titanic on the bridge. Deck chair stations all hands!

I see Timsk is still mouthing off at those that contribute most to the site. What a pantomime.

This special rod you mentioned. Is it possible to catch a lot of fish with just 15 minutes work a day?