s/r help??

pelzar

Hi,

Does anyone know where i can get support/resistance levels for the FTSE, (or any index futures) online - intraday or historical?

Thanks

Not trying to be patronising--really!-- it depends how long that you have been trading, but try to learn how to pick these out, yourself. There are several veteran posters who have threads with charts on the subject. dbphoenix, Firewalker, bbmac spring to mind.

Split

Hi pelzar,
You could do a lot worse than to ask Tom to give you a crash course in drawing your own S/R lines during your lunch hour. (You do get a lunch hour, I presume!) I've not looked at any software that draws them in automatically but, likely as not, such programmes will draw them in a different place to you and miss out some altogether that you regard as important. If you use Point & Figure charts, most vendors offer the option of automatically drawing in blue 'bullish support' and red 'bearish resistance' lines, but these are drawn at 45 degrees, making them more akin to trend lines than conventional (i.e. horizontal) S/R lines. See attached chart for an example of what I'm on about.
Tim.

Attachments

• 04_FTSE_P&F.jpg
    04_FTSE_P&F.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 230
There is stelaronline.com but as above learn to draw your own lines ! imho