S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Funny that - I never really thought to post about trades I didn't take before - but for some reason I felt like it that time. When I saw the thread refresh, Rob had done the same thing.

Weird that.

It literally was one of those moments that happens every now and again - "I think this is going to stick here for a little longer before moving off, no need to take 20.25 at market"

and then it moved off and I waited for it to return. Once it had moved 4 ticks, I pulled the order.

LOL it should happen to us both on the same day....

I was looking to buy a pull back. I'm rather glad I didn't.

I was preparing myself to go short around 24 for about 12 ticks maybe to around 21.25. Then somebody decided to drop 20k lots at 16:20 at the market thus making my day less profitable. How inconsiderate...

I was preparing myself to go short around 24 for about 12 ticks maybe to around 21.25. Then somebody decided to drop 20k lots at 16:20 at the market thus making my day less profitable. How inconsiderate...

Good Heavens! No manners, some people.

Welll, the FT did test the high and I caught it. But we all know that the Footsie follows Wall Street, don't we? :D

Welll, the FT did test the high and I caught it. But we all know that the Footsie follows Wall Street, don't we? :D

Footsie follows a good meal (as long as the place has tablecloths) and precedes a good night, if you play your cards right.

Finally some volume and volatility...just closed half the position and stop to break even on the rest. If we get to 1412 I'll start trailing the stop to lock in 5 points on the remainder at least. I think this has a lot further to go yet, but we will see.

Attachments

• SPX 210812.png
    SPX 210812.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 174
22nd August

2n19q4l.png

It'd be nice to see a dip down below 90 now to then see us balance in a decent range for a week or two. I'll be looking to buy below 90 if that occurs. Probably take a few days though. Overnight action mostly below yesterdays close, so that's a prospect.

So far Asia down, Europe down.

New Home Sales @ 10am & FOMC @ 2pm so might be a tad slow.

Shorts : 1424.75, 1422.75, 1412.50-1413.50
Longs : 1408, 1406.50, 1396.50

If we don't put in some decent moves by 10:30 - will call it a day. Zoe has been a real pain today and the electricians have been drilling inside all day wiring up the new play room & some stuff in the bathroom.

Can't stay away... Funny trade

9:36 - got long @ 140- saw the bounce & let price come to me for a change. Got T1 @ 4 ticks, then watched it repeatedly fail to pop 1407.50/75 so took an exit @ 7.25 - almost immediately before it popped up. to 8.50.

Damn that's frustrating.