S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Rob, your command of the English language is second to fncking none....

Love teh "oh sh!t"..... lol

Do you speak out loud when you trade? I do - my wife often asks me who I'm talking to.... "myself silly!"

It is what goes on inside my head. I rarely make a noise. I usually have headphones on and am listening to opera or baroque so you wouldn't actually think something quite this serious was going on......:LOL:

I use an app called "Neuro Programmer 3" - I was put onto it by another trader. It's got various programs - some for study focus, some for meditation etc....

7-9-201210-18-18AM.png

I have one 20 min program I listen to before trading & I have 4 or 5 I listen to when trading. It cuts out external noise, chills you out to an extent and helps you to focus. Or it could be a bunch of mumbo-jumbo that is acting as a psychological placebo.

You can record 'messages' to yourself too & have them play in the background, barely audible. Stuff like "stop trading like a d!ck"....

Still, there are times when I sound like I've got a large bet on a horse race and my pony is coming up on the winner 100 yards out....

DT - The PAS indicator has been updated to now show the delta per swing ala GOMCD

A few things I didn't like....

7-9-20129-54-40AM.png

This is after the exit. I got out as it was making that 25k, -8 down move. When I got out, I didn't know it was 25k vol. What I didn't like was...

we started the move with 19 ticks & 54k. Then a pullback of 9 ticks with 11k. The next move down 9 ticks with 19k and a move up 6 ticks with 13k. It looked like it was becoming 2 sided. The DOM was also showing it was having trouble poking down.

Then of course, after I exited it put in the -8, 25k move which might well have kept me in after all. The delta started to move up pretty aggressively after I got out, so even if I'd waited a bit more, I'd probably have got out @ that point.

And downwards it now goes. I'd make more money going for a bloody walk after entry...

G' morning traders

12:01am GBP BRC Retail Sales Monitor y/y 1.4% 1.3%
12:01am GBP RICS House Price Balance -22% -15% -17%
12:50am JPY M2 Money Stock y/y 2.2% 2.2% 2.2%
2:30am AUD NAB Business Confidence -3 -2
3:00am CNY Trade Balance 31.7B 22.6B 18.7B
6:00am JPY Household Confidence 40.4 40.9 40.7
7:45am EUR French Industrial Production m/m -1.9% -0.9% 1.4%
9:00am EUR Italian Industrial Production m/m -0.3% -1.9%
9:30am GBP Manufacturing Production m/m 0.1% -0.7%
9:30am GBP Trade Balance -9.0B -10.1B
9:30am GBP Industrial Production m/m -0.1% 0.0%
All Day EUR ECOFIN Meetings
1:15pm CAD Housing Starts 203K 211K
3:00pm GBP NIESR GDP Estimate 0.1%
3:00pm USD IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism 46.9 46.7

6 up and 6 down forecasted and it only moved -2.2 pts ! Maybe a coincidence but I hope not

Attachments

• Presenters Index.PNG
    Presenters Index.PNG
    25.5 KB · Views: 226
The Presenters' Index for Tuesday 10th July

Francine - orange - down
Guy - red - down
Maryam - red - down
Poppy - blue - up
Linda - neutral
Betty - blue - up
Sheila - blue - up
Erik - blue - up
Stephanie - blue - up
Scarlet - blue - up
Manus - blue - up
Elliot - blue - up

up 8
down 3

Just a bit of fun to see if the presenters dress subconsciously to forecast the day's close. The blue end of the spectrum for up +1 and the red end for down -1. Black, white, grey, purple are neutral and score 0 .
Previous winners
Deirdre
Erik

Last edited:
The current crisis is imho really exposing the weakness of capitalism and democracy. The politicians have to please the voters or they don't get elected. The economies around the world just can't afford all the hand-outs and waste.

Greece is the first domino to fall. The rest are on the same slippery slope imho.

I read this piece years ago and it struck a chord with me so i scanned it and kept it. Unfortunately i can't give the authors name.

'In the 1920's, Fredrick Soddy pointed out that if jesus christ had invested a pound at todays interest rate it would now be worth the worlds weight in gold. This concentration of wealth must inevitably be corrected from time to time with revolution, wars or collapse.'
'Money is created as debt. The fact that interest has to be paid means there must be more money next year than this. Growth in a debt based economy is a necessity. The choice is not growth or stability, its growth or collapse.....'
'Endless growth is impossible in a world of finite resources.'

I also read a very convincing piece along similar lines about how our efforts to solve poverty will undo us all. To put it in a nutshell, if everyone in africa suddenly had the same spending power that we have, what would happen to the price of food, oil etc. So the crux of it all was that the developing world - merely through the very act of developing - will eventually make us top heavy as an empire and brings us to our knees. Capitalism - the greatest ponzi scheme of them all?

Odd question folks ...can anyone tell me the morning low for the SEK30 ( todays session ) .... I have 1015.73.Think my broker may be making the prices up ...would appreciate any other broker lows shown for the current session.Thanks

It would be Pat's fault - he told me. Said it had come from his Presenters Index. :whistling

Jesus, I just can't keep a secret.

Thanks Rob - dropped me right in it if it's wrong !

Don't mind if it's right though - looking good so far............

BTW 4 ticks profit before commission ? Can't be much left after commission. You haven't contracted the " yips " have you ? A golfing disease, you know, when trying to putt.

Last edited: