Robert Hoffman System

IS that the guy who blew up his account and lost 300k trading one contract?

Not 1 contract, but hundreds, after having added to tanking Russel trade.

He has done this before..again losing thousands; he doesn't like to be wrong/loose and stop out, so he doubles and triples down on losing positions, repetitive bad behaviour. This is not a "system" but a reaction... undisciplined rogue trading.

However, he has won a competition, and has some basic viable methodologies, and market psychology/sentiment insights.

Not 1 contract, but hundreds, after having added to tanking Russel trade.

He has done this before..again losing thousands; he doesn't like to be wrong/loose and stop out, so he doubles and triples down on losing positions, repetitive bad behaviour. This is not a "system" but a reaction... undisciplined rogue trading.

However, he has won a competition, and has some basic viable methodologies, and market psychology/sentiment insights.

thanks, this helps

they REALLy aren't his indicators. he has taken them from other parties n tweeked them, then calls them the Hoffman this or that. Real clown. Real salesman.Loves to martingale.

Furthermore his claim that he has been trading professionally for the amount of time he claims, is bogus. During the time he claims he was a professional trader, he use to frequent a trading room daily. Before the close of the cash market, he would say his goodbyes. During one of these instances, he was asked where he was going. He said he had to get ready for his job at a chemical company int the S.F. bay area. So ask yourself why one would do that ? Would you trust someone who makes bogus claims and uses it to augment his 'resume' to attract less informed individuals?

Last edited:
I really feel obligated to write this review in light of the traders out there that may loose a ton of money following robs trades and/or get an extremely skewed view of Rob's live trading room. I will describe my current experience in his room (that will end in one month), post a picture of his risk/reward, and list several cons, and pros.

I was shocked when I came to this website and saw that all the way back to 2009 people were still saying the same exact thing as I am now. Though the current situation seems worse. Like the others say, he is a great guy, nice guy, feels like he cares about you guy. Turns out he isn't SO much different than the rest, though he is a bit different. This may be a bit long, but only because I want it to be detailed and hopefully I can really help some people from falling into the trap he creates. If you still want to learn it, that is up to you but I just want you to know what it is especially if you are trading on a small account and are really taking a risk joining his service.

Have you ever heard the expression "putting 100 on 10"? Well that describes Rob in one statement. I will go ahead in full disclosure and say his information is definitely good stuff. BUT, his information and his "live trading" room are two totally different things. He will typically put out a "deal" for $799 a quarter giving out all of his video courses with setups, trend following, and various rules to abide by that he made several years ago. If you really are interested in learning his stuff, do that. DO NOT just buy a quarter for the room at the price of $999 or even $799 if he ever lowers it, it is not worth it. And DO NOT EVER follow his trades or even trade remotely close to how he does. His psychology is completely trashed because of his winning trade mentality.

Now, this is a typical day in the room. The room is only 2 hours and 45 minutes to begin with. For the first hour everyday we go over things that everyone can clearly see on the charts like his moving average support & resistance or key levels, this would take any person that actually was trying to trade 5-10 minutes. Then during the second hour Rob may randomly pick out a trade that most of us have no idea why he is taking and he scalps 2 or 3 ticks out of it. Then after that trade is done we spend the rest of the day listening to him talk about why he isn't trading and why he took that trade for 2 ticks. I know why he does this, its because he is extremely scared of loosing a trade. As you can see in the other comments, its because he will keep adding to a trade until he can get out for 1 tick profit. His psychology is so screwed up he cant handle taking a loss, and instead he only takes losses when he is forced to while he is down $10-$15k. The reason he can't handle taking a loss is because he wants to "wow" people by saying he has done 8-9-10 months or whatever without losses. He will also pick a market direction and we will all sit and watch the market go in that direction and he will sit there and talk about how right he was. Like I said, he has good information but he just cant trade it for the life of him. Whatever the reason may be, whether its that he relies on sub fees or his psychology is shot out the window or he is so worried about what people will think of him if he takes of loss, that is just how it is. He will often talk about how these $50-$100 profits adding up over time. This is assuming you never loose money. Just understand that he is scared to hold for more than 5 minutes so he will try to talk you into doing the same thing, don't fall for it or you will never grow your account. Also I would like to add that he bases everything off of his indicators. Literally every setup and every trade. Why do you think that is? So you will pay the $2000 for them. Well I am here to tell you right now you dont need to do that. Those indicators are nothing special and they are not even his to sell. That is all Im going to say about that besides do not buy them, one day you will be very very pissed off that you did and trust me, I am very glad I didnt.

This is a perfect example of Rob. Lately he had someone over to his house (one of his "long term" students) and he treats them a lot better than regular subscribers. So apparently they were taking some "large lot" trades and had a great afternoon Monday after the room closed. So we spend the entire rest of the week hearing about how great that one afternoon was and why we weren't trading because the conditions weren't like that one afternoon. He will bring up anything he possibly can to get out of taking trades.

Now onto the free videos released every night. When Rob says something like "well that trade only gave us 70 ticks today" he means he used 20 contracts and made 3 ticks. That is putting 100 on 10. He is also trying to downplay those "70 ticks" so its sounds like we rode out the market and ONLY made 70 ticks on the trade like we usually ride it for 150 or something. When he talks about "great trading" or "extremely profitable trading" or "successful profits" he means he made 2-5 ticks on the day. He will never put up his DOM because then you will see he is full of it. Why do you think he picks random days/videos to show his DOM with some profits on it?

You may ask, why he is sponsored by NADEX, CME, infinity futures, trade-station, and other prestigious institutions? Its because he makes tons of money on subscribers. He has lots of influence over lots of people. They don't care if he trades or his members trade or if anyone makes money. They care about their incentive to sponsor him.

His trading competitions. He claims that he is a domestic & international trading champion. Well, that may be true. But, its the competitions that he enters into is the question. See here we go with the putting 100 on 10 thing again. The competitions he enters are things like the money show, traders expo, some thing in Paris he goes to every year. The people he is trading against are a bunch of scammers. Of course he is going to win, he uses massive size on 3 tick trades. If he entered into the World Cup of Futures trading I don't think the outcome would be the same. International? What about the Singapore Futures Trading Competition? I mean anything that is well known and prestigious. He claims that he will teach you all his strategies that he uses to win the competitions. That is not true. Like I said earlier, he treats his long term students with priority over new traders (that need his help the most by the way). Even with them I doubt he lets out the key information that allows him to take the trades he does, but maybe he does. I don't know, I'm not one of them obviously.

Now for the dangerous part, his risk reward and lack of informing new comers of his dangerous trading habits in light of not wanting to take a loosing trade when he should be cutting it loose. This was my experience. I come to the room, first week I feel around, second week I get comfortable and start taking the trades with him. I made about 6 ticks per contract (more than he did) on the first few trades. Then about a week later, he took a trade with one contract. Price shot down against us and he added 5 contracts. I cut the trade, it didn't do what we expected so I cut it. Turns out that was the right thing to do because before I knew it he was in 30 contracts and down $12k. Remember he would have trailed the stop right behind and got stopped for 2 or 3 ticks had it gone his way. I was like wow, well OK he will probably make it back since we have been talking about larger trades coming. Never happened. We just forgot about the massive loss and moved right along taking 4 tick trades. Obviously after that I never followed a trade of his again. Which also proved to be the right move because a few weeks later he did it AGAIN! This picture is the SECOND time in a month this happened: http://tinypic.com/r/2ztbwxc/5 You can see the "great trading" he was doing before that netting a profit of $30.

So I really do hope you take all of this into consideration, and at the very least understand that he is a marketeer just like any other salesman. I do believe he has better information than most but he WILL twist words around to make himself sound a lot better than he is, he WILL bend the past to make it sound better than it was, and he WILL take your money and try to convince you that you need to stay for the long term. 100 on 10, remember that.

If this helped or you have a question, Id be glad to answer just hit reply.

I just attended won of Rob Hoffman's free webinars. Granted, I'm no professional trader. I try and scalp a point a day and not loose every dime I have. I cut losing trades the instant they go against me, and I take trades the instant I feel comfortable with the setup and the system I use. Rob sat through an half hour of great setups and chatted about how the market wasn't doing what he wanted it to do (when does it ever do that?). He then pulled the trigger on a gold short and it immediately was a loser. He started talking about how he didn't trail his stops correctly to lock in a profit I never saw. As it started tanking more, he went to some videos of profitable trades from his trading competitions. I'm thinking, WTF is this???

Finally, his trade broke even and he cut it. He never even set a catastrophe stop loss.

The first thing I learned in trading is set your stop first and abide by it. ALWAYS. Apparently, Rob doesn't do that.

Well, he's consistent, anyway. Another live "trading" webinar yesterday, and after an hour and 20 minutes he finally took a trade, and was in it for less than a minute. It went his way 3 ticks (on TF) and he started trailing his stop 1-2 ticks behind it! Got stopped out for 3 ticks/$30 profit.

Then another hour and 15 minutes of touting his "domestic and international trading championships" over and over and over... And not another trade. Good luck with that "professional", NON retail trading career on $30 a day, Rob.

I just hope people use google and find this before they spend their money.

re: Robert Hoffman system

Here! Here! Another Mr Potato Head expose...As said by a wise man many moons ago, if it smells, walks, talks like **** THEN IT IS ****!!!

This is exactly how it goes

I really feel obligated to write this review in light of the traders out there that may loose a ton of money following robs trades and/or get an extremely skewed view of Rob's live trading room. I will describe my current experience in his room (that will end in one month), post a picture of his risk/reward, and list several cons, and pros.

I was shocked when I came to this website and saw that all the way back to 2009 people were still saying the same exact thing as I am now. Though the current situation seems worse. Like the others say, he is a great guy, nice guy, feels like he cares about you guy. Turns out he isn't SO much different than the rest, though he is a bit different. This may be a bit long, but only because I want it to be detailed and hopefully I can really help some people from falling into the trap he creates. If you still want to learn it, that is up to you but I just want you to know what it is especially if you are trading on a small account and are really taking a risk joining his service.

Have you ever heard the expression "putting 100 on 10"? Well that describes Rob in one statement. I will go ahead in full disclosure and say his information is definitely good stuff. BUT, his information and his "live trading" room are two totally different things. He will typically put out a "deal" for $799 a quarter giving out all of his video courses with setups, trend following, and various rules to abide by that he made several years ago. If you really are interested in learning his stuff, do that. DO NOT just buy a quarter for the room at the price of $999 or even $799 if he ever lowers it, it is not worth it. And DO NOT EVER follow his trades or even trade remotely close to how he does. His psychology is completely trashed because of his winning trade mentality.

Now, this is a typical day in the room. The room is only 2 hours and 45 minutes to begin with. For the first hour everyday we go over things that everyone can clearly see on the charts like his moving average support & resistance or key levels, this would take any person that actually was trying to trade 5-10 minutes. Then during the second hour Rob may randomly pick out a trade that most of us have no idea why he is taking and he scalps 2 or 3 ticks out of it. Then after that trade is done we spend the rest of the day listening to him talk about why he isn't trading and why he took that trade for 2 ticks. I know why he does this, its because he is extremely scared of loosing a trade. As you can see in the other comments, its because he will keep adding to a trade until he can get out for 1 tick profit. His psychology is so screwed up he cant handle taking a loss, and instead he only takes losses when he is forced to while he is down $10-$15k. The reason he can't handle taking a loss is because he wants to "wow" people by saying he has done 8-9-10 months or whatever without losses. He will also pick a market direction and we will all sit and watch the market go in that direction and he will sit there and talk about how right he was. Like I said, he has good information but he just cant trade it for the life of him. Whatever the reason may be, whether its that he relies on sub fees or his psychology is shot out the window or he is so worried about what people will think of him if he takes of loss, that is just how it is. He will often talk about how these $50-$100 profits adding up over time. This is assuming you never loose money. Just understand that he is scared to hold for more than 5 minutes so he will try to talk you into doing the same thing, don't fall for it or you will never grow your account. Also I would like to add that he bases everything off of his indicators. Literally every setup and every trade. Why do you think that is? So you will pay the $2000 for them. Well I am here to tell you right now you dont need to do that. Those indicators are nothing special and they are not even his to sell. That is all Im going to say about that besides do not buy them, one day you will be very very pissed off that you did and trust me, I am very glad I didnt.

This is a perfect example of Rob. Lately he had someone over to his house (one of his "long term" students) and he treats them a lot better than regular subscribers. So apparently they were taking some "large lot" trades and had a great afternoon Monday after the room closed. So we spend the entire rest of the week hearing about how great that one afternoon was and why we weren't trading because the conditions weren't like that one afternoon. He will bring up anything he possibly can to get out of taking trades.

Now onto the free videos released every night. When Rob says something like "well that trade only gave us 70 ticks today" he means he used 20 contracts and made 3 ticks. That is putting 100 on 10. He is also trying to downplay those "70 ticks" so its sounds like we rode out the market and ONLY made 70 ticks on the trade like we usually ride it for 150 or something. When he talks about "great trading" or "extremely profitable trading" or "successful profits" he means he made 2-5 ticks on the day. He will never put up his DOM because then you will see he is full of it. Why do you think he picks random days/videos to show his DOM with some profits on it?

You may ask, why he is sponsored by NADEX, CME, infinity futures, trade-station, and other prestigious institutions? Its because he makes tons of money on subscribers. He has lots of influence over lots of people. They don't care if he trades or his members trade or if anyone makes money. They care about their incentive to sponsor him.

His trading competitions. He claims that he is a domestic & international trading champion. Well, that may be true. But, its the competitions that he enters into is the question. See here we go with the putting 100 on 10 thing again. The competitions he enters are things like the money show, traders expo, some thing in Paris he goes to every year. The people he is trading against are a bunch of scammers. Of course he is going to win, he uses massive size on 3 tick trades. If he entered into the World Cup of Futures trading I don't think the outcome would be the same. International? What about the Singapore Futures Trading Competition? I mean anything that is well known and prestigious. He claims that he will teach you all his strategies that he uses to win the competitions. That is not true. Like I said earlier, he treats his long term students with priority over new traders (that need his help the most by the way). Even with them I doubt he lets out the key information that allows him to take the trades he does, but maybe he does. I don't know, I'm not one of them obviously.

Now for the dangerous part, his risk reward and lack of informing new comers of his dangerous trading habits in light of not wanting to take a loosing trade when he should be cutting it loose. This was my experience. I come to the room, first week I feel around, second week I get comfortable and start taking the trades with him. I made about 6 ticks per contract (more than he did) on the first few trades. Then about a week later, he took a trade with one contract. Price shot down against us and he added 5 contracts. I cut the trade, it didn't do what we expected so I cut it. Turns out that was the right thing to do because before I knew it he was in 30 contracts and down $12k. Remember he would have trailed the stop right behind and got stopped for 2 or 3 ticks had it gone his way. I was like wow, well OK he will probably make it back since we have been talking about larger trades coming. Never happened. We just forgot about the massive loss and moved right along taking 4 tick trades. Obviously after that I never followed a trade of his again. Which also proved to be the right move because a few weeks later he did it AGAIN! This picture is the SECOND time in a month this happened: http://tinypic.com/r/2ztbwxc/5 You can see the "great trading" he was doing before that netting a profit of $30.

So I really do hope you take all of this into consideration, and at the very least understand that he is a marketeer just like any other salesman. I do believe he has better information than most but he WILL twist words around to make himself sound a lot better than he is, he WILL bend the past to make it sound better than it was, and he WILL take your money and try to convince you that you need to stay for the long term. 100 on 10, remember that.

If this helped or you have a question, Id be glad to answer just hit reply.

Well this is my first post. However I have been trading awhile and have seen a decent amount of rooms.
What Mike says is exactly accurate.
For myself here is what I like about Rob:
- seems like a very nice guy
- I like the way he sets up his charts/indicators(I now use these)
- I like the way he explains things/teaches
- he seems to have a great feel for market direction, more so than most.

Now what I don't like about his trading:
- I cant even watch his trades- it is horrifying to me. After about 5 months of being in his room - when he trades I don't even want to look. Because of his need to be right, On a trade that IS NOT going his direction- he will martingale into a trade and turn a 1 contract trade sometimes into 30 plus lot(I have seen this multiple times) and bring down his cost basis so he can get out with a tick or two per contract gain . On the same type trade that is going in his direction he will sneek in a tight stop within seconds of executing the trade and get out with a few ticks maybe profit on the one contract.
I will say that on 60-70% of his trades that go in his direction- It will usually run a lot more so they will work for the usual multi lot trader who runs "normal type exit strategies"

I have learned a lot with Rob on market direction and timing and I thank him for that. As far as his trading style. It seems that his desire to always be right gets the best of him. While I am sure he goes through massive winning streaks due to his martingale type system as well as his uncanny market timing and analysis, I can not imagine anyone wanting or even trying to go down this road. The road of the Martingale system never ends well.

Last edited:
Well this is my first post. However I have been trading awhile and have seen a decent amount of rooms.
What Mike says is exactly accurate.
For myself here is what I like about Rob:
- seems like a very nice guy
- I like the way he sets up his charts/indicators(I now use these)
- I like the way he explains things/teaches
- he seems to have a great feel for market direction, more so than most.

Now what I don't like about his trading:
- I cant even watch his trades- it is horrifying to me. After about 5 months of being in his room - when he trades I don't even want to look. Because of his need to be right, On a trade that IS NOT going his direction- he will martingale into a trade and turn a 1 contract trade sometimes into 30 plus lot(I have seen this multiple times) and bring down his cost basis so he can get out with a tick or two per contract gain . On the same type trade that is going in his direction he will sneek in a tight stop within seconds of executing the trade and get out with a few ticks maybe profit on the one contract.
I will say that on 60-70% of his trades that go in his direction- It will usually run a lot more so they will work for the usual multi lot trader who runs "normal type exit strategies"

I have learned a lot with Rob on market direction and timing and I thank him for that. As far as his trading style. It seems that his desire to always be right gets the best of him. While I am sure he goes through massive winning streaks due to his martingale type system as well as his uncanny market timing and analysis, I can not imagine anyone wanting or even trying to go down this road. The road of the Martingale system never ends well.

As a beginner, i know this is one of the worst mistakes that a bad trader makes

Anybody has myfxbook account with Hoffman strategy applied to see results?

Good strategy what he teaches

Most people who offer all these learning courses make profit on selling their books and disks and rarely on Forex trading.
I don't know how much he blows up may be 300k or half a million. I don't care how reckless he trades. I don't follow what he does but he teaches. The strategy he teaches Accumulation/distribution 45-50% of the candle wick below or above 1 cent/tick trade love it, I modified some based on my trigger speed. I really wonder how Rob win contests when he can blew up so much money. May be this is one of his addiction or he enjoys blowing up money. I don't love artist but the art. I can tell you he is way better than John Carter and hubert. :clap:

Like Rob Hoffman's strategy

Anybody has myfxbook account with Hoffman strategy applied to see results?
I don't want to follow his loosing trades, I want to follow his strategy. I think most people in this world are drawn towards following -ve side of everyone. Take the good part of Rob Hoffman and I tell you will make your money/subscription worth.
No, result will not change my mind. I love his strategy, his strategy is indirectly advising trade long when higher high and short when lower low. And you can't go wrong on that. By the way I had not paid a single penny subscription. If you take fraction of a good part of everyone in this trading world , in the long run you will have edge on trading.