Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Hi all

I'm testing some different approaches using this whole "net trap" idea (I bought the manual last year).

Has anyone got any feedback on whether using any period before the 6.15am candle sets a high/low trigger with better results?

Anyone used the net trap principle across other times or currency pairs?

Cheers

P

As a 'paid up ' Net Trapper you will be entitled to entry to the private forum ,some of the info you seek is there , I am myself looking at the efficacy of applying the NT idea across other pairs ,and indices .Look back through the last few pages here for info on joining the private forum . look forward to seeing you on the
'inside'.

I'd love to join - but it will be tricky for the "secret question" as I lost the manual in Jan this year whilst moving house !!!

Thankfully, I have the system burned into my memory, so that I can even recall it pre-breakfast each weekday!!!!!

Cheers
p

I'd love to join - but it will be tricky for the "secret question" as I lost the manual in Jan this year whilst moving house !!!

Thankfully, I have the system burned into my memory, so that I can even recall it pre-breakfast each weekday!!!!!

Cheers
p

Perhaps SA Trader will ask you a secret question based on the weekly update email. That should satisfy him.
:idea:

I gave up trying to join the private forum.

Hittfeld

H you give in too easily.

Its part of the strategy to see if you are persistent enough to weather the slings and arrows of Net Trap ;)

I thought it was worth my 7 attempts, and it was.

So don't give up if you are serious at joining.

Hi all, Is anybody having the same problem has me in joining the private forum? I keep posting the answer to Graham and he keeps replying with a generic e-mail has if he has not received it! What am I doing wrong?
Cheers Jaffa

Dont know about the forum but GU needs to clear 1.5740 otherwise say hello to 1.5700

Hi all, Is anybody having the same problem has me in joining the private forum? I keep posting the answer to Graham and he keeps replying with a generic e-mail has if he has not received it! What am I doing wrong?
Cheers Jaffa

What is the message? I'm admin too over there. PM it to me and I will investigate the problem.

M

I have a couple of Q’s about this product:

When is the latest you can trade out in the morning? (I normally arrive at work between 8:30am and 8:45am)

How flexible is the ’start’ trade time? Is the latest 6:30am?

Do you need to run any software with this?

Does the trading account need to be funded with any specific amount? (other than the value you decide to use as the bank? ie different levels of accounts)

Is this a system that can be used by anyone? I have never done forex trading before so am reluctant to part with cash before knowing these answers

Many thanks for any help with these Q’s

Jim

I have a couple of Q’s about this product:

When is the latest you can trade out in the morning? (I normally arrive at work between 8:30am and 8:45am)

Does the trading account need to be funded with any specific amount? (other than the value you decide to use as the bank? ie different levels of accounts)

Is this a system that can be used by anyone? I have never done forex trading before so am reluctant to part with cash before knowing these answers

Many thanks for any help with these Q’s

Jim

Well, this may not be helpful but......

Is it still being sold? Last we heard was that sales had ceased, there were one or two lucky applicants after the deadline a few weeks ago, otherwise it is in suspension for what we anticipate is a new version that might be more amenable to support/resistance etc.

Second, have you read RH's bumf on it because there he does explain at all quite well. Having read it I don't think you would be asking those questions !

I received an email about the system recenty so assumed it was still going, maybe it's not as I read somewhere else that it had stopped.

Yes I did read the 'bumf' from Richard but there were no specifics relating to my questions, i'm sure all would be explained in the actual information or from Richard after sign up but it was just incase there was an area where it was totally inflexible.

I suppose they do do a full refund after 60 days so if it wasn't what I was after I could send it back.

Thanks for the response

I received an email about the system recenty so assumed it was still going, maybe it's not as I read somewhere else that it had stopped.

Yes I did read the 'bumf' from Richard but there were no specifics relating to my questions, i'm sure all would be explained in the actual information or from Richard after sign up but it was just incase there was an area where it was totally inflexible.

I suppose they do do a full refund after 60 days so if it wasn't what I was after I could send it back.

Thanks for the response

Again with respect Jim, I don't think you read the exhaustive and at times cheesy bumf used to advertise the system, where you will find the answers.

I gather a lot of people used the moneyback guarantee after May when the market was becoming awkward, and those with experience realised that the system does not recognise the normal limits that momentum traders are used to and take heed of !

However, the markets are always open except on a Sunday, so there is no restriction on when you trade - its your money and your time.

The system is directed at catching pips from spikes in early morning trading (if you have traded FTSE you will know about this). Trades are best placed before market activity from 6.30 am. Until then the market is quiet after the bulk of trading in Asia, so early placements are rarely in jeopardy.

Unless you use a platform that can close out for you, then you have to do it manually. 8.30 is the suggested best time for this. At times you can have made your limit before 7.00, and on other days your fund may have spiked at 8.00 and then by 8.30 it may have gone back into minus. Most use the charting package available from their trading platform, in this case RH recommends IG Index, who in fairness do have nice clean charts which are easily understood.

Hi Jim,

without revealing all the 'secrets' of NT, and believe me, once you have the book and are in the private forum, theres a whole new world out there :)

8.30 unless you change the rules to suit your circumstances. This will affect your returns though

Again the rules specify a particular time but whether you stick to the rules is up to you

No, just a browser and a spreadbet account

No - just check out IG index for funding etc, its completely up to you

Absolutely, virtually all the people on this forum have less than 6 months experience with forex*

*apologies to those who have, get a real job :)

cheers

So technically I could have it ready by 6:30 (as this is the open time) and close out before I leave for work at 7:55am. Obviously I would be leaving the system short but I could just close it manually every day at that point?

Do you have to login and do it manually every day? or is there any recommended software out there that can automate it for you whether to start/finish or keep the trade as the 'default' setting on your account?

Sorry for all the stupid questions!, I'm new to Forex trading but wanted to give this system a go as it seemed to have favourable and consistant reviews and it seemed as though anyone could pick up on it

You mention the private forum, what is in there without giving info away? Is it just a information centre about this system, does it have daily results and that sort of thing?

Last edited:
So technically I could have it ready by 6:30 (as this is the open time) and close out before I leave for work at 7:55am. Obviously I would be leaving the system short but I could just close it manually every day at that point?

Do you have to login and do it manually every day? or is there any recommended software out there that can automate it for you whether to start/finish or keep the trade as the 'default' setting on your account?

Sorry for all the stupid questions!, I'm new to Forex trading but wanted to give this system a go as it seemed to have favourable and consistant reviews and it seemed as though anyone could pick up on it

You mention the private forum, what is in there without giving info away? Is it just a information centre about this system, does it have daily results and that sort of thing?
The system is designed as 'set and forget' however many of us prefer to 'nurse' these trades along . You have to manualy set your trade each day ,(or make the desicion not to trade) ,the target can be set and the trade will close automatically should it be hit, however you do need to check this, as should the target not be hit, the trade will still be live and in volatile markets a winner can easily turn into a loser,

:D

if the trade had triggered. basically you set it up before 6.30. leave the house. get to work, log on and close (unless its done it automatically itself)

you can close it by phone or computer - theres an iphone app and/or you can call the dealing desk and say "close Cable for me" very loudly on the bus

yes, no and no :)

yep, as before, its a simple system

Ahhh...... lots of stuff... daily results, historical results, future results... - :LOL: just kidding

and not forgetting - more rewarding variations of the system and other people to discuss stuff with.. thats probably of more value than the book itself