Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

The more I use the Stoch indicator the more I like it. I've been using it with RSI as well and when both indicators are in agreement it becomes a very strong indicator. It's just a matter of looking at price action etc as to when too enter the market.
For example between 12.30 and 1.15, 15m timeframe, the market bounced three times off 1.5150 and the Stoch and RSI indicators had both been bottomed out for some time. Entered long at 1.5167 and then used Fib Retracement from 7.30 high to 1.00 low for taking profits, it just depends on how confident you are in the market moving with you, bailed out when market reached 38.2% retracment, 1.5209, with the Stoch topping out close to 90.000.

Set both indicators up on your charts and watch it for a while to get an idea for how they react to different market conditions.

You could have bailed much later, its well past your 61.8% level now. I thought it might get to 215 again, just shows. What it does show is that your Stoch indicators are still high - over 90 for the last hour odd, with no fall - yet.

You could have bailed much later, its well past your 61.8% level now. I thought it might get to 215 again, just shows. What it does show is that your Stoch indicators are still high - over 90 for the last hour odd, with no fall - yet.

If I hadn't had to go out I might have trailed a stop, I can't do this automatically with Capital Spreads. I'm quite happy waiting for the signals and taking 10 or 40 pips at a time had 30 pips this morning and 40 this afternoon.
No indicator is 100%, a lot of the time it only retraces to the 38.2% mark and then turns around, I just play it safe.
This indicator might not suit everyone it's just something to keep an eye on. :idea:

If I hadn't had to go out I might have trailed a stop, I can't do this automatically with Capital Spreads. I'm quite happy waiting for the signals and taking 10 or 40 pips at a time had 30 pips this morning and 40 this afternoon.
No indicator is 100%, a lot of the time it only retraces to the 38.2% mark and then turns around, I just play it safe.
This indicator might not suit everyone it's just something to keep an eye on. :idea:

Yes Cheers Steve, 38.2 is a lot safer, and 70 pips is a nice days total.(y)

I can't remember which of the many mini versions of NT it may be called now, but, these days I always split my trade. So the initial trade is for just a 20 pip limit, then the second is for a 25 or 30 limit depending how the charts look, and it enters above my original limit with a one pip gap in-between. So if there are any early spikes going I have been lucky to bag a quick 20 pips often by soon after 7.00 a.m.

Why don't some of you lads try that and you may not have so many days like today where you have a disappointing 7 or 11 pips when you have seen the candles rise a good way above that level spiking?

Its nice to bank an early 100 quid even though the market may struggle in general over the early hours.

A thought anyway

mish

And what SL do you use ?

Yup stayed with it until it met support at around 12900 but should have stuck around ,
missed out on another 60 pips , can't win em all I suppose .

I got out at 12889, like you, I coulda stayed in a bit longer, still had my short order on cable which made up for it.

Never-the-less, nice call Clav :cool:

Last edited:
Forex Net Trap - Private Forum :
As you may have seen the Private Forum is now live. If you have already passed the entry test, then go to the Forum & request entry to the Forum, at which time I will authorise it.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/prof...editusergroups

For those that have not yet passed the Entry test, you can PM me

Thanks
Graeme

I click on this and get an Error 404 message. Whe I look in the groups section it shows me as a member and admin (So I can grant access if you are nice to me and SAT is not around) but i'm buggered if I can actually figure out how to get on the thread as such! :confused:

M

I click on this and get an Error 404 message. Whe I look in the groups section it shows me as a member and admin (So I can grant access if you are nice to me and SAT is not around) but i'm buggered if I can actually figure out how to get on the thread as such! :confused:

M

Does that mean I won't be sitting here by myself, then?

:confused:

:rolleyes:

M

ditto all this.:confused:

M

OK sussed it. The private forum is a whole forum, not just one thread. The main forum link is here :

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-net-trap/

I have security tested it from the wifes laptop and you can't get in without access granted my admin.

If you can't get in it's because you have not been granted access yet. Request to join then send a to PM SA trader and he will ask a security question from the manual. If he is not around or you have not received access from him within 6 hrs or so PM me and I will ask the question.

SA Trader and Mark120169 are private forum admin, SAT full time , M120169 part time.

Edit. If you get a access dineied message above but you have Pm'ed SAT and answered the entry question a while back you may have forgotton to request to join the new private forum. Do it off the link below.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/members-private-forums/

FNT forum should be the bottom one and click where it says request to join "here".

If you have done all these things you will be waiting for SAT to grant you access, please be patient he must have a lot of PM's to get through. I can see all who are waiting for access to be granted, currently there are 4 peeps waiting. If you want to know if you are on the waitng list PM me and I will confirm if you are on it.

M

Last edited:
Have you tried rolling up your left trouser leg, and clicking your heels together 3 times whilst chanting " I am entering you, I am entering you, I am entering you , tickle my sack ! "

Well, that's what I had to do last private swing club I found my self caught up in !

OK sussed it. The private forum is a whole forum, not just one thread. The main forum link is here :

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-net-trap/

I have security tested it from the wifes laptop and you can't get in without access granted my admin.

If you can't get in it's because you have not been granted access yet. Request to join then send a to PM SA trader and he will ask a security question from the manual. If he is not around or you have not received access from him within 6 hrs or so PM me and I will ask the question.

SA Trader and Mark120169 are private forum admin, SAT full time , M120169 part time.

M

I suggest we stick here at least for this week until we get peeps who want to join onto the private forum, will take a while to do the checks and grent access to all who want it.

M