Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Just did a little analysis on my results so far for anyone who’s interested.

I started recording my results from 15th Feb and this is what I’ve found

Winning trades: 32 of which 12 at 50
Losing trades: 27 of which 19 at -30

Total p/l +330.1 pts

Now for Richard Hills from Feb 15th
Winning trades: 39 of which 12 at 50
Losing trades: 31 of which 19 at -30

Total p/l +419

-30’s are definitely appearing more often but it has been profitable for me over the last 5 months.

This excludes this weeks results of which I have received +42, -30, -30

Afternoon guys. Jeez, GU and EU have gone like a stabbed rat!

Can't believe these gains.

I think 1.5500 will be a big one if GU can edge up towards that zone.

Anyone still in and long at the moment? Gutted about my Dec 10 long which got stopped out on
Monday that would be in serious profit now. Going to be interesting to see how far it can go
and if it will test the April highs of around 15500.

I started trading about mid May, even with dabbling and losing pips, i'm still up about 200 pips.

Changed my limit for VNT now tho to 25 and always use a stop of 36. Worked well so far this week.

Traded Mon, Wed, Thu. +25 each day.

Off for two weeks now so no more trading this month for me!

Good luck all!

Just a hardcopy, sorry. You may feel even worse if you follow some of the advice this guy gives. He claims that after a loss, he compounds the next trade! And he suggests others to do this!! A criminal.
QUOTE]

Insane. After a loss you lower your stake a bit, after a win you up it, and keep your MM, I knew that before I started (learned that racing betting in the 80's!!)

Rugby - 5%? that's high!

Can anyone pm me the UDF forumla being used for IG index please?

Thanks

p.s. would be useful to have a sticky where we add all these addtional links for tools/news updates, avoides trawling through 400 odd pages :)

Rugby - 5%? that's high!

Yeah, it is quite high compared to what RH advises, but i have belief in the system that it will make a steady profit over the long term. Drawdowns do hurt a lot more but i try to look at the cumulative pip column rather than my cash column.

If any experienced investors (trader333, i think you're the only experienced investor left who contributes to this thread) think i'm being incredibly foolish using stakes of 5% of bank then please let me know.

Also, although possible, if you were starting with a £1000 bank and were staking 5% each time it would take 25 consecutive -30's (this would lose you £708) to get you to a level where you wouldn't be able to stake the minimum 50p on IG.

On another note. I think a separate thread should be started as about 90% of what is posted on this particular thread is no longer anything to do with NT and it must be very confusing for people who are trying to find out more information about this sytem. I'm enjoying what's been written and finding out new things but it's just not relevant to Net Trap.

So if people don't mind shall we start a new thread where we can talk about our random trades of the day (or overnight) and the various things we're learning on our forex journey!

We could call it

The NuTters trading thread

or something like that.

Re: Richard Hill Forex Net Trap and an eclectic NT all topic discussion community

On another note. I think a separate thread should be started as about 90% of what is posted on this particular thread is no longer anything to do with NT and it must be very confusing for people who are trying to find out more information about this sytem. I'm enjoying what's been written and finding out new things but it's just not relevant to Net Trap.

So if people don't mind shall we start a new thread where we can talk about our random trades of the day (or overnight) and the various things we're learning on our forex journey!

We could call it

or something like that.

RT, I can see your point but - I think you have it the wrong way round - itsa pity the original poster buggered off ages ago - he could change the title of this thread to -

Richard Hill Forex Net Trap and an eclectic NT all topic discussion community
and start a new one
Richard Hill Forex Net Trap and NT based derivations - ONLY!

(y)

Yeah, it is quite high compared to what RH advises, but i have belief in the system that it will make a steady profit over the long term. Drawdowns do hurt a lot more but i try to look at the cumulative pip column rather than my cash column.

If any experienced investors (trader333, i think you're the only experienced investor left who contributes to this thread) think i'm being incredibly foolish using stakes of 5% of bank then please let me know.

Also, although possible, if you were starting with a £1000 bank and were staking 5% each time it would take 25 consecutive -30's (this would lose you £708) to get you to a level where you wouldn't be able to stake the minimum 50p on IG.

We could call it

or something like that.

Well the thread is getting unwieldy now, he said, adding another post to it. Whatever happenned to Graemes (SA Traders) new forum, seems to have died a death?
However. The NT system is no longer officially for sale, and people shouldn't really be learning NT from here anyway.

Well the thread is getting unwieldy now, he said, adding another post to it. Whatever happenned to Graemes (SA Traders) new forum, seems to have died a death?
However. The NT system is no longer officially for sale, and people shouldn't really be learning NT from here anyway.

You can get it if you want to, SFT for one and a little hunting round the net for other FSP links. That whole taking it off sale as there were too many people was all a load of marketing bumph to get a last surge in sales before their next campaign for it later this year.

I believe the the private forum is still on the way - waiting for activation by T2W staff.
Whilst there are issues with NT that I for one would prefer to discuss in private with
other genuine NT 'ers of whatever variation, I still think this thread is of great value and think it would become a very sterile place if devoid of any personal banter.

I'm not saying to take away the banter, i'm just saying start a separate thread so we can talk about trades that are unrelated to Net Trap such as these overnight trades that have been happening, or the punt I took on the FTSE a couple of hours ago which is nicely in the money now (famous last words).
There is barely any discussion on NT and the various variants that have come about.
Have this thread for NT and it's variants, have a seperate thread for all the other but unrelated stuff that is talked about on this thread.

I'm not saying to take away the banter, i'm just saying start a separate thread so we can talk about trades that are unrelated to Net Trap such as these overnight trades that have been happening, or the punt I took on the FTSE a couple of hours ago which is nicely in the money now (famous last words).
There is barely any discussion on NT and the various variants that have come about.
Have this thread for NT and it's variants, have a seperate thread for all the other but unrelated stuff that is talked about on this thread.

Point taken , I'm guessing that if and when Graeme's forum kicks off most of the serious NT stuff will be there.
Been watching the FTSE myself -been testing support for a couple of days now- if it manages to hold under 5200 (seems to be some serious support here) not sure were it will end up , certainly seems to have stalled on its current Bull run-good luck

Last edited:

We could call it

or something like that.

Not sure I qualify as an experienced trader, but I have been trading for about 9 months, and trading NT for the last 3. I trade 2% for NT and 2% MNT, but it's actually higher as I like to trade with round numbers. So I was risking about 4.8% at the beginning of July, it's now 4.5% as July is still up. I set the amount I will risk at the beginning of each month and stick with it.
Agree that the thread has morphed considerably, but does that really matter?

oh yes, the run of winners was certainly a welcome boost.

I stick to 5% and that's it.
I'm a rather boring sod when it comes to my trading. I set myself rules or follow the rules that are set out and follow them without deviation.

But then I do keep reading trading is about discipline.

With regards to Money Management, I'm reading Ryan Jones - The Trading Game at the moment which is just dedicated to MM.

I'm going to go back to Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas shortly, as I only managed to get about 1/3rd of the way through.

Also got The Market Wizards series lined up as well.
Got hold of a copy of Nexus by Steve Copan as well.

Hello Rugby, I could do with a 'good read' about MM, though I think with regards to 'Net-Trap' I am quite disciplined. Which book would you recommend and where can I purchase a copy?.
Thanx in advance.

using stakes of 5% of bank then please let me know.

The key to this is percentage strike rate and the level of positive expectancy. In my view to use 5% would require a very high strike rate to avoid risk of ruin. That said, if you are willing to try it and accept that you may lose your entire account then you could just see how it goes.

Paul

Hello Rugby, I could do with a 'good read' about MM, though I think with regards to 'Net-Trap' I am quite disciplined. Which book would you recommend and where can I purchase a copy?.
Thanx in advance.

I'm reading Ryan Jones (somehow I don't think he's the Welsh rugby captain!) The Trading Game which is all about MM.

I found out about it from this thread which is extremely useful. I would suggest most people on this thread should definitely have a look at this thread.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-faq/30637-books-should-beginner-read.html