Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Reading a couple of posts I thought I might offer something about money.

For those of you with x,000's to 'invest' etc - you shouldn't be funding your account to this level. Risking 2/3/4% or whatever then you only need to keep a few hundred in the IG account in case of a losing run. It makes no sense to keep your full x,000 in there. Its far better to keep it in an interest paying account and transfer it over when and if you need it.

Why do I say this? a few reasons

Having lots of money raises the temptation of putting more money per pip on that you should if you are sticking to your plan (you have got a plan haven't you?) - "Oh Ive got 3000 so I can risk 10.00 per pip" - just this once.... oh $#*&^ I'm down 25 points

It also hides your losses from your subconcious.. "oh ok I've lost 600 but I've got 2400 left... 2200.. 1800... 1200.. " just watch as the money whittles away

Its far better to keep say 500, 1000 max in there and work with that.. If you lose that, take it as a point where you need to sit down and look at what your doing. You can choose to refund and carry on if you want to, or, you could decide that maybe you need to take a different approach.

Either way, you're only 500 gpb down and still have money left - Blow the full x,000 and what are you going to do? how long until you get enough for another attempt??

Yes it appears so. Just got back from being out and still no update, that's two weeks worth now missing!

Another chasing email to be sent...again!

Anyone else missing the last two weekly updates? Getting parinoid now!

M

Ok found the problem for anyone who is having the same issue. The email is being sent but never arrives as to my BT email account as it appears with all the embedded piccys and adverts the bT email server treats it as spam and autodeletes it!

Checked all my email settings, phishing, junk email, microsoft security centre etc to no avail.

Another nutter kindly forwarded me the last two roundup emails but they didn't arrive either, until we switched to my hotmail account which arrived no problems.

Not sure what BT have changed since 21st June when I last received a roundup email or if Agora have changed to format but for sure If i edit out all the annoying piccy's and advert links etc then forwarded it from my hotmail it arrives in my BT email account no problems.

So it is deff something to do with the roundup email having all the crap embedded in it.

Any solutions anyone? Had my BT email account since 2004 but have not used them as an ISP since 2006, so I don't want to involve them in case they twig i'm not a customer anymore and deactivate the email account.

Maybe I will just email Agora and ask them to switch my email address to my hotmail.

M

Last edited:

For those of you with x,000's to 'invest' etc - you shouldn't be funding your account to this level. Risking 2/3/4% or whatever then you only need to keep a few hundred in the IG account in case of a losing run. It makes no sense to keep your full x,000 in there. Its far better to keep it in an interest paying account and transfer it over when and if you need it.

Having lots of money raises the temptation of putting more money per pip on that you should if you are sticking to your plan (you have got a plan haven't you?) - "Oh Ive got 3000 so I can risk 10.00 per pip" - just this once.... oh $#*&^ I'm down 25 points

It also hides your losses from your subconcious.. "oh ok I've lost 600 but I've got 2400 left... 2200.. 1800... 1200.. " just watch as the money whittles away

Its far better to keep say 500, 1000 max in there and work with that.. If you lose that, take it as a point where you need to sit down and look at what your doing. You can choose to refund and carry on if you want to, or, you could decide that maybe you need to take a different approach.

Either way, you're only 500 gpb down and still have money left - Blow the full x,000 and what are you going to do? how long until you get enough for another attempt??

great post, i hadn't thought about that. although i'm not quite at that stage yet i hope to be later this year.

PeterF1966 and I are good boys for ages now, we keep our stashes in our offset tracker mortgage accounts and just have enough in the trading account to cover the deposit needed. Was a pain on the recent bad week though for me as the tNT losses depleted the trading account and I was having to debit card extra funds in each morning as it had enough for the MNT trade but not enough for the NT trade. Panic to find my wallet @ 6.31am getting ever closer to the trap set amount.

NT drama!

M

The email is being sent but never arrives as to my BT email account as it appears with all the embedded piccys and adverts the bT email server treats it as spam and autodeletes it!

How on Earth do they decide what is or is not spam ? This is very poor in my view as it is the user who should decide this and not BT. Are you sure there is no option to allow the email address to be treated as ok because there usually is for other providers ?

Paul

How on Earth do they decide what is or is not spam ? This is very poor in my view as it is the user who should decide this and not BT. Are you sure there is no option to allow the email address to be treated as ok because there usually is for other providers ?

Paul

No problem with my bt account.

sligthly off topic but does anyone know where i can get access to some decent charts, i need it to show US Light Crude as well as I want to backtest a strategy

Paul

Nope added Agora email and webite details into my email "alow" spam filters still does not arrive. Like I said it's strange that even having the email forwarded to me by another user off here it wont come through. All other emails are arriving fine and take out the jpegs off the email and it too goes through, but with them it just wont arrive.

M

sligthly off topic but does anyone know where i can get access to some decent charts, i need it to show US Light Crude as well as I want to backtest a strategy

RT, you haven't been and bought ' Instant Retirement Loopholes ' complete with API-50 Government Windfall bonus, have you?

;)

i'm afraid that's gone right over my head!

what is 'instant retirement loopholes'?

Another publication by Streetwise. Got a bit of a review at moremoneyreview. The comments are mostly pretty negative and tne bonus API-50 is to do with trading oil. Apparently the USA publish a report and the UK publish a similar report hours later. So in that time lots of volatilty and bundles can be made. As if the Bookies aren't aware!!!

:eek:

my apologies.

As there are now so many varieties, Net Trap as described in the book is now referred to as Vanilla Net Trap do differentiate it from the many different variations that are being discussed on this thread.

hope that helps.

Cheers Rugby