Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

I'm in Cyprus, so +2 hours of UK. So plenty of time for a shower, brekky, drop kids off to school, then settle down to analyse my 15 min GBPUSD chart..... and the sun is always shining!

Is the private forum up and running yet? I 'passed' the test but have heard nothing since.

Surely a buy today with strict NT rules? That's the system we bought, forget all these other levels and indicators.

Hi Russ,
I have collected over 40 names of pure Nt'ers, and have sent T2W everything they required, but still waiting for them to set it up...I keep email them, and they keep saying 'be patient' ???

So have you lost now? Which dealer are you with?

No. Entry level hasn't triggered yet.

I place trades with either capital spreads or two-way spreads. Given up on IG due to persistent slippage but still use their charts for entry levels.

No. Entry level hasn't triggered yet.

I place trades with either capital spreads or two-way spreads. Given up on IG due to persistent slippage but still use their charts for entry levels.

and therein may be the problem.. you should probably match the charts to the price of whoever you place the bet with.. Taking the IG chart price and basing the entry on capital may give differences, like today.. probably the difference between not being in and -30

food for thought anyway

In my world this mornings signal read inconclusive or no trade , its interesting that there are so many differing views on this - something I hope We can 'iron out ' in private when the new forum is ready ,not prepared to discuss my interpretation in detail at present. As mentioned earlier on these occaisions I opt for a plan b -to straddle just outside recent S&R (or recent H&Ls). Picked up 10 pips on the sell side , the buy of course did not trigger and is now cancelled.The ftse100 is whipsawing like a 'goodun' on the o800 candle- so maybe there's still a chance for those who decided it was a buy- good luck. :cool:

If you want to progress in this game it's good to ask questions even if it dosen't relate to NT.
IMHO NT should be used as a stepping stone in creating your own style of trading.

I agree with you to an extent. Depends on the quality of the question. NT appealed to me for its simplicity. IMHO tweaks to the system like MNT are just fine. I just find it irritating when people start talking about various obscure indicators, reverse strategies, etc, this is just 'noise' and is distracting, and certainly is not Net Trap. There are plenty of indicators/strategies/opinions to keep you out of every single trade if you look hard enough. So much simpler to stick to the system you purchased. If it doesn't work then dump it.

In my world this mornings signal read inconclusive or no trade , its interesting that there are so many differing views on this - something I hope We can 'iron out ' in private when the new forum is ready ,not prepared to discuss my interpretation in detail at present. As mentioned earlier on these occaisions I opt for a plan b -to straddle just outside recent S&R (or recent H&Ls). Picked up 10 pips on the sell side , the buy of course did not trigger and is now cancelled.The ftse100 is whipsawing like a 'goodun' on the o800 candle- so maybe there's still a chance for those who decided it was a buy- good luck. :cool:

and is now cancelled??? did you cancel it?? mine has just triggered?

Yup cancelled - but the high I used to set it was 15070 ,the 02.30 candle ,didn't want to get sucked in by the whipsaw thats occuring as I write. :cool:

It's good to see someone using NT and adapting it suit what's happening in the market rather than just following the "rules" blindly.

You wouldn't have said that if it had shot up into profit.

Spot on - however We should all be attempting to develop a 'saftey first' approach
to our trading ,when the signal is clear , caution is still needed as the system is mechanical and does not take into account any other factors . When the signal is unclear or ambiguous perhaps a different approach is best . To quote Steve Nison
(the candle stick man) We need to become Market Chameleons changing our approach
to suit the current market. Net Trap works most of the time ,identifying the days
when it isn't going to should be one of our goals - course you could say thats like looking for the holy grail , and you would be right ,but I do believe We can get some way along
that route. :cool:

You wouldn't have said that if it had shot up into profit.

I made a decision, not to enter today, based on what I could see happening in the market up to 6.15 which was very little movement at best I thought it might reach the early high at the 2.30 candle. People that entered today obviously saw it differently to me if the market had shot up, then good for them, I would have miss read it, but most inportantly I made the decision not to enter the trade and not the NT "rules".

In my world this mornings signal read inconclusive or no trade , its interesting that there are so many differing views on this - something I hope We can 'iron out ' in private when the new forum is ready ,not prepared to discuss my interpretation in detail at present.

I really cant fathom how under NT rules you can read todays trade signal as inconclusive? That is nuts. With the MA figure rounded it rose +9 pips and exact it rose +8.5 pips.

By exact figures including the decimal every candle was higher that the last and even with rounding apart from two flat candles near the end all candles also rose.

This was a very very clear buy signal under NT rules!

You must have some funny charts. :confused:

M

-20 for me but only risk 1% per trade to withstand these drawdown periods. Bad run for the 4% MNT/NT super-risk takers!

Exactly. With drawdown periods, risking 4% will see your account disappear quicker than England's world cup dreams. Proper MM with low risk trades and you should be ok. If your account is very small, for whatever reason, you may find that your broker will not trade in low enough sums for the correct percentage for you to risk. For example, You have a £500 account and you can trade as low as £1 a pip. If your MM risk is 2% then you can risk £10 i.e 10 pips. If the risk is 30 pips what do you do. Many will still risk the 30 pips (6% risk now) and over time the market will wipe them out. Find a broker who will let you trade at low amounts per pip, there are some, and only trade with money you are wlling to loose. Don't dip into the household budget or savings you have set aside for something else.

Have I calculated Camarilla R3 correctly at 15121?

Hi Tanguero,

In my limited experience with Camarilla I agree with your R3 level. I calculated 15118, so only 3 pips different from you. I did the calcs last night though, (based on Friday's data) so the difference is probably due to me not including any data from this morning. Not sure of the correct timespan to be using, should it be 06:15 - 06:15, or just the previous trading day from open to close?

Very interesting to see the various S&R levels plotted on my chart this morning. It was a clear 'BUY' by the rules, but seeing that Friday's up-channel was not continuing this morning, and that the 06:15 candle closed just below the Pivot, I decided to stay out. Glad I did as it looks like another -30 day for Vanilla NT, maybe slightly less if you closed at 08:30... :(

Matt.

You must have some funny charts. :confused:

M

That can happen with spreadbetting, you are not getting the real market prices, you are getting a synthetic price created by the SB company, obviously not all of them will be creating exactly the same price at any given time so highs and lows on any given bar may differ.