Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Just woke up again and checked - thinking the price is in the right direction. Order placed for a sell at 14691 and a stop at 14721. Chart doesn't show it touched 14721 but I was taken out at 7:10. Anyone with the same issue with IG?

then change your stop loss level. now its past 8am, im gonna trail to +20 over entry.

Is it arrow and then deal ticket?

Do you then need to enter a new price before enter the stop? Like placing a new ordeR?

Will this new price place another order or ammend the one I have?

Thanks

Just woke up again and checked - thinking the price is in the right direction. Order placed for a sell at 14691 and a stop at 14721. Chart doesn't show it touched 14721 but I was taken out at 7:10. Anyone with the same issue with IG?

I think someone said this earlier that as a new trader on ig you get a limited account which accounts for this. I have a normal account and got to within 3 of SL. I also have an etx account which will pay back up to £250 of losses in 10 days so they might be worth a try. They also tend not to have as much slippage as ig. But don't be too despondent, we've all been there and been stopped out by 1 or even 0.5 a pip, live and learn. NT has been pretty good so far so adapt a stratagy from reading the boards. This one is very good btw

Is it arrow and then deal ticket?

Do you then need to enter a new price before enter the stop? Like placing a new ordeR?

Will this new price place another order or ammend the one I have?

Thanks

No - it is the arrow that is on your open position - 'edit position' should be available then you simply change the stop and submit...

A good day +50 on NT - any of you TNT ers staying in for some more ? -starting to look a little doubtful, an interesting 24 hrs. :cool:

Checked - my error - the price (ask) touched 14721.2! Guessed most on there placed the order at 14692? The difference of a pip eh? Well - learned from this. Need to have a quick shift of the book about rounding again.

Less than 10 mins to go have moved stop to 71 (+20) esp as looks like potential bullish move...

I think it depends what account you are using with IG Index - whether they take 3 or 5 pips comm will depend on whether you got taken out at 721 or not...

Checked - my error - the price (ask) touched 14721.2! Guessed most on there placed the order at 14692? The difference of a pip eh? Well - learned from this. Need to have a quick shift of the book about rounding again.

Same happened to me.

Thats me done for the day - my +20 trailing stop hit

MNT +!0
NT +20

No complaints :D

Nor me - trailed to NT+30 in the end, 8.30 level was about 26 pips to the good.

MNT +15, at the bizzare rate of £1.1/pip, a bit of lucky over clicking when setting stake :)

Good Morning Gentlemen,

Usually I sit on the background and watch you guys but I thought I'd just chip in with a quick set of thanks. Mainly for MNT but also for concurring on days when I make alternative decisions (early entry, exit, SL etc) and at least some of you have the same thoughts. Not exactly following the rules but I have an over riding desire for +ve pips :)

Anyway, I have a question.. I have the book, but its not in it as far as I can see..

Why is that particular MA chosen as the trend line?

cheers :)

+25 Pips today!

+24 pips for me today but dang close to being stopped out. Will be interesting to see what Richard records for today as I reckon it will be -30 if he is using IG and following net trap to the letter. The bid price at 6.15 got to 14693 so sell orders should have been for 14691 which on IG would have been stopped out as ask price did hit a high of 14721.2.

+24 pips for me today but dang close to being stopped out. Will be interesting to see what Richard records for today as I reckon it will be -30 if he is using IG and following net trap to the letter. The bid price at 6.15 got to 14693 so sell orders should have been for 14691 which on IG would have been stopped out as ask price did hit a high of 14721.2.

Yes that happened to me, what platform are you using?

cheers