Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Nice start to the month. I have recently purchased Net Trap too but been spreadbetting for a while although usually not via an "order to open". For those of you using IG Index, are you noticing slippage regularly on your orders? My order got filled this morning at 14478.5 as opposed to 14480.

Taking a gamble today, first day of the month and all, set stop to entry point and letting it run. So will be 50 pips or nowt. :devilish:

M

Thing is Mark, you purchased a system with set rules, i.e. exit at 8.30 if stop or limit have not been hit. If you follow your own rules, then it's not Net Trap, and you can't blame the system if it goes wrong.

Hello to All. My first day and I think I'm UP by 23ps! Am at work but I NEED no ask for help later.
Thanx and good luck.

Nice start to the month. I have recently purchased Net Trap too but been spreadbetting for a while although usually not via an "order to open". For those of you using IG Index, are you noticing slippage regularly on your orders? My order got filled this morning at 14478.5 as opposed to 14480.

Welcome Alex, me too, 1.5 pips away this morning. In 3 months I've noticed slippage on entry 2 times, and slippage on exit 2 times also.

I wrote on here a few pages back wondering about whether IG index's computers can cope with 250 nettrappers all demanding the same order all at once?

Perhaps that is why RIchard Hill has kept the no. of copies down to 250?

Anyway, a nice solid start for this morning's newbies at +24 ish. Today I forgot I was supposed to go up to £1 a pip.:rolleyes:

You could still buy this system an hour ago, but it looks like the opportunity has gone now. Thank god I got mine yesterday......looking forward to receiving the manual and starting up. Judging by the posts on this site, those that have not bought into this have lost out big time.

Look forward to comparing trades with you all.

Taking a gamble today, first day of the month and all, set stop to entry point and letting it run. So will be 50 pips or nowt. :devilish:

M

Nowt then!

Doing this will just keep your balance level. Remember that the system has the 8.30 cut off for well researched reasons!

Welcome Alex, me too, 1.5 pips away this morning. In 3 months I've noticed slippage on entry 2 times, and slippage on exit 2 times also.

I wrote on here a few pages back wondering about whether IG index's computers can cope with 250 nettrappers all demanding the same order all at once?

Perhaps that is why RIchard Hill has kept the no. of copies down to 250?

Anyway, a nice solid start for this morning's newbies at +24 ish. Today I forgot I was supposed to go up to £1 a pip.:rolleyes:

I thought about this IG issue too, so placed my trade on Capital Spreads, no slippage. I have three other spreadbetting accounts and a forex trading account, so will spread it around a bit to avoid slippage.

You could still buy this system an hour ago, but it looks like the opportunity has gone now. Thank god I got mine yesterday......looking forward to receiving the manual and starting up. Judging by the posts on this site, those that have not bought into this have lost out big time..

You were lucky.... After discovering this thread and deliberating for a few days I decided to take the plunge at 6pm last night (6 hours before the deadline) - only to be greeted by a server runtime error when I clicked the 'submit' button :mad: - so I suspect my order has not been processed... I have emailed Agora about this and trust I will not be penalised by their server error... We shall see - feeling somewhat disappointed at the mo... :(

You were lucky.... After discovering this thread and deliberating for a few days I decided to take the plunge at 6pm last night (6 hours before the deadline) - only to be greeted by a server runtime error when I clicked the 'submit' button :mad: - so I suspect my order has not been processed... I have emailed Agora about this and trust I will not be penalised by their server error... We shall see - feeling somewhat disappointed at the mo... :(

Interesting as I clicked the link this morning, around 7am and could still get on the order page, now if I click on the link I get the server runtime error. Hopefully you will get your through ok.

I thought about this IG issue too, so placed my trade on Capital Spreads, no slippage. I have three other spreadbetting accounts and a forex trading account, so will spread it around a bit to avoid slippage.

Have just spoken to a friend of mine who works at IG Index who has confirmed that multiple orders to open from hundreds of clients would have no bearing on any slippage incurred as their systems are perfectly capable of handling this. The only time slippage should occur is when the market is moving quickly and the price you wanted to be dealt at was simply not available.

This is part of the reason why I tend to enter trades manually rather than waiting for an automated trade. The danger here though is the market jumps through your desired entry level and you sit and wait for the market to pull back to your entry level, this never happens and you miss out. For the sake of 1-2 pips perhaps I'll just grin and bear this for now.....

I was reluctant to re submit the order (try again) in case it had been processed and I was billed twice! But I have had no receipt so I am guessing it has not... Of course, there is nobody available at Agora to contact on a bank holiday Monday to resolve the issues or deal with the order via phone etc... Hopefully their reply will be positive and I can join the bunch of merry men (and women) here :)

I am curious - has nobody thought of creating a dedicated net trap forum??? I know some T2W'rs would probably prefer that most here migrate to a dedicated support forum - perhaps with live chat etc etc...

Hello to All. My first day and I think I'm UP by 23ps! Am at work but I NEED no ask for help later.
Thanx and good luck.

Well done Denman, it sounds like you're doing it right!

I closed manually at 08:31 this morning for +24 pips.

Matt.

I am curious - has nobody thought of creating a dedicated net trap forum??? I know some T2W'rs would probably prefer that most here migrate to a dedicated support forum - perhaps with live chat etc etc...

Nice idea - but who is going to be arsed to do it!

and the USP of this system is set and forget!

and too much live chat whilst driving to work at 7:30 am could lose you your licence.

:clap:

Have just spoken to a friend of mine who works at IG Index who has confirmed that multiple orders to open from hundreds of clients would have no bearing on any slippage incurred as their systems are perfectly capable of handling this. The only time slippage should occur is when the market is moving quickly and the price you wanted to be dealt at was simply not available.

This is part of the reason why I tend to enter trades manually rather than waiting for an automated trade. The danger here though is the market jumps through your desired entry level and you sit and wait for the market to pull back to your entry level, this never happens and you miss out. For the sake of 1-2 pips perhaps I'll just grin and bear this for now.....

Thanks for that info Alex. I suppose that after over 100 trades for me (the open and the close) 4 noticable slippages is not too bad.

Nice idea - but who is going to be arsed to do it!

and the USP of this system is set and forget!

and too much live chat whilst driving to work at 7:30 am could lose you your licence.

:clap:

If I manage to obtain one of the last copies off the press - I maybe arsed to do it if there is enough interest...

I guess live chat whilst driving may not be such a good idea :D - I would suspect a live chat especially in that 06:15 - 06:30 window maybe a good thing... I do not have the system as yet but certainly reading back through this thread that 15 mins is quite critical with regards to leading up to a potential trade or not - probably a useful time for beginners to be part of the live community...

Just thoughts....

Nowt then!

Doing this will just keep your balance level. Remember that the system has the 8.30 cut off for well researched reasons!

Yep just slapped my own wrists. Hey ho, just fancied an all or nothing punt today, first time apart from mistake on first day I have deviated. Probably to do with two things, 1) I made 100 pips last week shorting the euro and have a open short running until sept that is up +150 pips so far, and 2) half term, so not doing the school run, could watch the last 15 mins on the PC and decided to gamble. I think a mixture of these two made me feel risky.

Had it been a scholl day I would have just closed the trade @ 8.30 and take win or loss, you can't really watch it on a mobile as such plus I don't have the time as i'm shuffling the kiddy into school.

Back to the rules tomorrow, although I may try an minimise losses if they happen as others have who watch the close.

M

Yep just slapped my own wrists. Hey ho, just fancied an all or nothing punt today, first time apart from mistake on first day I have deviated. Probably to do with two things, 1) I made 100 pips last week shorting the euro and have a open short running until sept that is up +150 pips so far, and 2) half term, so not doing the school run, could watch the last 15 mins on the PC and decided to gamble. I think a mixture of these two made me feel risky.

Had it been a scholl day I would have just closed the trade @ 8.30 and take win or loss, you can't really watch it on a mobile as such plus I don't have the time as i'm shuffling the kiddy into school.

Back to the rules tomorrow, although I may try an minimise losses if they happen as others have who watch the close.

M

That is the only deviation I do, IF I am watching around 8.15 to 8.30, I will move the stop back to entry point (only if we are +20 or so up)- reason being that if it goes all the way back to the entry, then it's likely to go into a loss, and still less chance of it recovering for a better profit - not in that last 1/4 hr. So that's what I did today, and closed on the 8.30 nail.

Grrrrr: I was late for work and closed out for a massive 2 pips profit....... :( Just shows you why the 0830 rule is there.

Grrrrr: I was late for work and closed out for a massive 2 pips profit....... :( Just shows you why the 0830 rule is there.

Get a 3G mobile that works with the IG Index apps. Very simple and easy to use.Then as long as you have open sky (car pulled over of course if driving) you can fire up the app @ 8.29 and you will be launched and ready to close by 8.30.

Of course if you are in the city and on the tube @ 8.30 no good to you.

M

You could still buy this system an hour ago, but it looks like the opportunity has gone now. Thank god I got mine yesterday......looking forward to receiving the manual and starting up. Judging by the posts on this site, those that have not bought into this have lost out big time.

Look forward to comparing trades with you all.

Netrap link now says is close for the time being for new members (But not closed for good). ;)

M