Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

I didn't trade but wished I had![/QUOTE said:
Better to be out of a trade and wishing you were in it, than in a trade and wishing you weren't! btw I am certain in my own mind that it was a no trade day, and I didn't trade. Rules are rules.

Better to be out of a trade and wishing you were in it, than in a trade and wishing you weren't! btw I am certain in my own mind that it was a no trade day, and I didn't trade. Rules are rules.

hmmm, i thought there was a trade, i'll need to have a look over the rules again. I can see why some people thought it was a no-trade day though. will have to go and se if i was wrong.

hmmm, i thought there was a trade, i'll need to have a look over the rules again. I can see why some people thought it was a no-trade day though. will have to go and se if i was wrong.

Yes - me too - I thought that technically the rules were met to trade. I was then thinking about the last results mail and the reminder not to trade if the direction is not very clear and that's what caused me to not go ahead.

However this morning it was much clearer and I didn't even think about trading!

"If there is no clear direction to the 40 MA (pink line) don’t place an order." I think if there was ever a perect example of a no trade, today was it..

Last edited:
Agree about today. It was clearly not clear. Yesterday though I had a decline in the ma over the last two consecutive candles. Hence my decision. This is of course why traders always get different results though they are trading the same system. Still like the system, even though it's early days for me.

Hi Black Swan (or anyone else out there who is not new to this!) - I wondered if you would mind elaborating on this bit slightly more for those of us out here who are still at the bottom of the learning curve. I guess discretion is overruled from day 1 of these systems if you follow them to the book - do you mean that it is more of an issue over the passage of time because the system is not tweaked as the market behaviour changes - or is it just that there are periods of time when the market is just generally unpredictable during the hours a system works - or both I guess? Are you aware of any systems that stand the test of time or do you think this would never be a realistic possibility - does everything of this nature have a shelf life? Thanks

Hi there!
I'm no expert but the more I study market movements, systems and signals I think that a system will never work perfectly always. Not to say the Net Trap is rubbish but systems seem to work for the same reason a broken clock shows the right time twice a day!
If a system runs perfectly for a time keep doing it if you have one losing month after another look in the news and research anomilies in the market to see if there is a big shift in the markets somewhere and look over the system to see if these factors are the cause of the system failure and if they will blow over or are here to stay.
The markets go through cycles and what was working 10 years ago might not work today.
But as I said I am no expert this is just an opinion:|

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if it was a trading day yesterday and today, and how many points did you lose or gain, just wanted to check it with my figures. I made a loss today of around 20 pips, but not sure if I am doing this correctly.

Thanks,
Amit

Amz4u2nv. fuzzywun

Hi Amit,
Yesterday I got +6, today -15.

You did't hit the target today ? I have got 50 pips with capitalspreads.

It seems that the EURO volatility came back now (like February) , look at this morning, so much up and down like "M " between 4am and 10 am. I have tested another "setup and go" system ( 2 wins and 6 losses) Nettrap handled rather well in that sense.

IG index may be more sophisticated, but my NetTrap only fund (?) are managed with capitalspreads, I guess the similar incidents happened in February . I have got -30 pips with IGINDEX, and somebody got 50 pips. I wonder they must be caplitalspreads users.

Capitalspreads does not allow to setup an order within 7 pips from the current price. So you have to wait until more than 7 pips distance or order manually. It may be annoyed but I don't bother to do this at all. (I am more annoyed with 6 digit display at IGIndex as practically I don't need this.

FYI : Tradefair uses the very same platform with capitalspreads (and 2pips for GBP/USD) now you can get 100 pound cash if you use 3 months.

Good day

Amz4u2nv. fuzzywun

You did't hit the target today ? I have got 50 pips with capitalspreads.

It seems that the EURO volatility came back now (like February) , look at this morning, so much up and down like "M " between 4am and 10 am. I have tested another "setup and go" system ( 2 wins and 6 losses) Nettrap handled rather well in that sense.

IG index may be more sophisticated, but my NetTrap only fund (?) are managed with capitalspreads, I guess the similar incidents happened in February . I have got -30 pips with IGINDEX, and somebody got 50 pips. I wonder they must be caplitalspreads users.

Capitalspreads does not allow to setup an order within 7 pips from the current price. So you have to wait until more than 7 pips distance or order manually. It may be annoyed but I don't bother to do this at all. (I am more annoyed with 6 digit display at IGIndex as practically I don't need this.

FYI : Tradefair uses the very same platform with capitalspreads (and 2pips for GBP/USD) now you can get 100 pound cash if you use 3 months.

Good day

from what I can tell I think igindex missed it by 5 pips...
thanks for your answers

toshi,
what did u get quotes lowest ma at 6.15, i got 15370 - 2 = 15368
but lookin at the 7.30 bar, the lowest was 15316
so thats a difference of 52pips, so then why didn't it close.. weird.. damn

Toshi, thanks for that, yes it was very frustrating! I think it missed by even less than 5 pips. But this is life...

It may be that Capital spreads are better for this strategy. I will look into it.

Not sure what you mean about "not bothering... etc Do you just set the price at the best available, or do you enter manually?

Thanks

Fuzzy

My lowest on bid price was 68. entered at 66. so needed the ask price to go below 16. It didn't. Using the Standard chart, not the advanced.

hi fuzzwun,
the lowest it went was at 7.30 the bid price was at 15314.7, according to the igindex chart.

Toshi, thanks for that, yes it was very frustrating! I think it missed by even less than 5 pips. But this is life...

It may be that Capital spreads are better for this strategy. I will look into it.

Not sure what you mean about "not bothering... etc Do you just set the price at the best available, or do you enter manually?

Thanks

Fuzzy

Hi, I am a robot operator, I (try to ) follow the rule 100 %, I checked what I did.
Because of 7 pips restriction, I set the order before 6:30. (of course I have to monitor this by 6:30 as I did today)

I am not sure it is better in the long term, but simper for me to operate to find out the order value. (5 degit etc) Anyway, tighter spread is better obviously.

I just checked what I did :
6:20 I set the limit order,
6:26 cancel this as the order would hit before 6:30 !! (gosh !) but did not hit in the end. then I prepared for another limit order (and manual entry )
6:30 I waited for the distance to setup the limit order (wait for less than 1 min)
6:31 left PC and make a tea

I don't bother to do this (or enjoy to do this ) , once familiar to do this. and the interface is simple too. Capitalspreads/ Tradefair adapts 5 digit display so the movement is less than IG index. To me this is less noisy (even less emotional ?)

My original intention was to have an Nettrap only account ! (offically start last week ). But it turned out that Capitalindex /Tradefair is easier to me.

This is my personal preference, and I would recommend to open a demo account if you are interested.

Take care

I placed my order with IG Index and it hit +50. So far the system has been working for me. Hope it will stay that way...

I placed my order with IG Index and it hit +50. So far the system has been working for me. Hope it will stay that way...

Hi fatsharkey, can you please give me the entry price/time and exit price/time for confirm my chart

cheers