Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

I got in at 1.4437 and I'm going for 30 pips at 1.4407 which is just above the support level at 1.4400.

I think this is a safer limit level than going for the full 50 pips.

You should stop trading this system using a limited risk account. The net profit (on average) per trade is only 3 pips or so so the best you are going to do is breakeven. Change to a broker with a fixed 2 pip spread!

Steve.

I'm still in as I write at 7.35am. Think all you IG'ers were probably stopped out. This is a day where the tighter Capital spreads spread has saved me (for now). will see if it ends up as a profit!

I got in at 1.4437 and I'm going for 30 pips at 1.4407 which is just above the support level at 1.4400.

I think this is a safer limit level than going for the full 50 pips.

There must be quite a few buyers just below 1.4407. If we take the open @ 1.4419 though I don't think they have much chances.

Another win for mini net trap just chalked up...

Nope. Demo on MNT got stopped out too. Got nowhere near 14423 before it hit the -30 pip stop.

Sell 14433 stop 14463 limit 14423

MNT June TD +10 (Win +40 loss -30)

M

p.s Of course if you had an entry slighly higher than 14433 you might not have got stopped out @ 14463 then you could have rode the drop and MNT may have bagged you 10 pips. I can only base it on IG entry.

M

Last edited:
I'm still in as I write at 7.35am. Think all you IG'ers were probably stopped out. This is a day where the tighter Capital spreads spread has saved me (for now). will see if it ends up as a profit!

I am still in with IG - but have moved TP to 401 as there is strong resistance at 400...

Hmm, stopped out... Time to top the account up, ready to lose it again 2moro!

Snap. I assume as it obvoiusly stopped most out at 14463 as the chart only hit a high of 14460.6 the reason for the stoppage is the 3 pip spread? Would have had a high of 14463.6?

But I thought according to RH you don't have a spread on a sell order or something. Confused?

M

Last edited:

I've used CS too but got stop out :-( Didn't you enter at 432?

Snap. I assume as it obvoiusly stopped most out at 14463 as the chart only hit a high of 14460.8 the reason for the stoppage is the 3 pip spread? Would have had a high of 14463.8?

But I thought according to RH you don't have a spread on a sell order or something. Confused?

M

Too early to jump the gun. @ 8:30am the price may be even higher, who knows.

It's a combination of the slippage and the spread that is killing everyone today.

I was up late this morning so didn't get chance to place an order and "cheated" a little bit and placed a sell order straight away at 14438. So I'm still in, and it's showing a +15pts profit so far (as of 8:08am).

The NT system was really unlucky to get stopped out today. This is something I'm gonna be monitoring with my NT results spreadsheet, as there may be a case for increasing the NT stop slightly to 35 pts. Just an idea at the moment, I need more data before I can prove it out.

I think RH has got that wrong - the Bookies ain't no charity!

:whistling

Ok I really need someone who understands IG to explain here. Sell stop was set to 14463. bid setting on chart only reached 14460.6. Why did the order get stopped out.

I know the spread between buy price and sell price is 3 pips but what does the "bid" price on the chart represent? The sell prices of the buy prices or something else.

Should all IGers be complaining today we should not have been stopped out @14463?

Very confused. I thought the bid chart was watching the actual sell prices? Maybe an email RH time for me.

M