Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

It may not bank as many points on a yearly basis as vanilla NT, but it WILL bank more often and therefore be easier to trade psychologically.
...and would make it more difficult to recover when there is drawdown with a string of a few losses. NT can fix your psychology if you let it do this. It should not be the other way around.

I'm adopting the ying-yang approach to trading: picked up some pips via NT this morning and given most of them back since, having gone long at about 11.30 am. What's your profit target Mark?
It's a mesmerisingly beautiful impulse down, the best elegance a dancing bear can perform! Everyone should bow down in reverence and let the beast do its best!

I'm adopting the ying-yang approach to trading: picked up some pips via NT this morning and given most of them back since, having gone long at about 11.30 am. What's your profit target Mark?

Perhaps we should start a group called ' overtraders anonymous ' .

BigDunc, talk us through your trading plan - you know the one that suggested going long at 11.30 am was a good entry point!

:confused:

Well, you know, after six weeks of trading I worked out I could draw lines on the IG graphs. So I drew two lines that looked like a bullish wedge (see, I've been doing my homework). So I went long :) That will be £249 please.

Last edited:

I hadn't thought about that yet. Just been to feed the ducks with the littun. Now it's in profit set a trailing stop distance 30 travel 10 and set target to 15150.

This is not scientific though at all..........just saw it drop like a stone, bounce off 15080 again and thought i'll have some that on the way back up!!

M

Just thought some of you IG Indexers might like to know that they're preparing to launch a new iPhone version of their trading platform, although this time it will be a dedicated iPhone app (rather than just specially formatted web pages).

Hopefully it will make use of the new iPhone's higher resolution, so we can get proper charts on the move :)

put a deposit down on the iphone 4 last week.
just waiting for it too come through!

hurry up orange.

Well, you know, after six weeks of trading I worked out I could draw lines on the IG graphs. So I drew two lines that looked like a bullish wedge (see, I've been doing my homework).
So I went long :) That will be £249 please.

Cheers.

At £83 a line I'll pass.

:p

Yes you read it right, I did just propose ANOTHER NT variant, HNT (Half Net Trap).

If only because I was concerned that we had gone a whole week without inventing a new variant ;-)

This is what i'm using at present! (decided against INT when i read all the posts i missed during my downtime)

First day trading this week, nice to bank some pips! :clap:

Hello All.
Does anyone know what the longest losing/winning runs are using 'Vanilla NT'.
Also, a few posts back, it was mentiond that we are supposed to use 'BID' on certaisn trades and 'ASK' on others. I thought we only used 'BID' and that is what I have been doing but my results are still the same as 'RH' and most 'Trappers'?
Greatly enjoying this thread and 'The Trap' AND am in PROFIT!

Hello All.
Does anyone know what the longest losing/winning runs are using 'Vanilla NT'.
Also, a few posts back, it was mentiond that we are supposed to use 'BID' on certaisn trades and 'ASK' on others. I thought we only used 'BID' and that is what I have been doing but my results are still the same as 'RH' and most 'Trappers'?
Greatly enjoying this thread and 'The Trap' AND am in PROFIT!

not sure who said to use ASK, but you need to check the book.. That tells you what to use

Guys out there,be careful of the big boys like GFT,I have first hand experience of market manipulation.I have been trading for over 10 years and still looking for an honest broker.They are worse than secondhand car dealers and a lot worse than lawyers.In fact you will probably find all the lawyers with shares in these companies.

Guys out there,be careful of the big boys like GFT,I have first hand experience of market manipulation.I have been trading for over 10 years and still looking for an honest broker.They are worse than secondhand car dealers and a lot worse than lawyers.In fact you will probably find all the lawyers with shares in these companies.

Oh dear! :sleep:

I doubt very much the big boys would give much of a toss about a few net trappers trying to make a few pips and half past stupid o'clock in the morning.