Reuters Datalink

Castor

Anybody else having problems with Reuters EOD data from London?
I'm getting some really weird readings from downloads made, on average, three to five hours after the close -- closing prices that are sometimes several percent away from the true figure. They get adjusted the following day, but that's too late. I've either been given a false signal -- or no signal when I should have received one.

Anybody else having problems with Reuters EOD data from London?
I'm getting some really weird readings from downloads made, on average, three to five hours after the close -- closing prices that are sometimes several percent away from the true figure. They get adjusted the following day, but that's too late. I've either been given a false signal -- or no signal when I should have received one.

I know what you mean; they insist in giving the wrong EOD data for the FTSE100.
Usually I update my system the day after, early in the morning - at 5.00 am. or so, and haven't got any problem with it, except for the FTSE100.

Eduardo.

its an institutional level platform and out of most traders pockets, just google 3000xtra if you want more info but unless your making good money its not going to be worth your while

its an institutional level platform and out of most traders pockets, just google 3000xtra if you want more info but unless your making good money its not going to be worth your while

Thanks.

Eduardo:)

I know what you mean; they insist in giving the wrong EOD data for the FTSE100.
Usually I update my system the day after, early in the morning - at 5.00 am. or so, and haven't got any problem with it, except for the FTSE100.

Eduardo.

Looks to me like the only solution is to go over to Financial Express Prestel, but I'm not sure how clunky or otherwise the downloading is. Anyone have any experience of it?

Further to my earlier post, I have spoken to Reuters who said they were aware of the problem and working to correct it. They said they expected to have the new system up and running within a couple of months. Let's see.