Requirements to open an account

jewellui

Hi, I have had an internship trading futures (e-mini s&ps e-micro eurodollar) and and now that I have finished I would like to have a go on my own account.

Everything on my internship was already setup for me, so I don't know what I need to setup an account. I have seen on a few application forms, that they request details about the employer, if I am only a student is this a problem??

Is there anything else I need to be able open an account?

Ideally I would be using CQG Trader like on my internship since I am familiar with it.

Last edited:
Hi, I have had an internship trading futures (e-mini s&ps e-micro eurodollar) and and now that I have finished I would like to have a go on my own account.

Everything on my internship was already setup for me, so I don't know what I need to setup an account. I have seen on a few application forms, that they request details about the employer, if I am only a student is this a problem??

Is there anything else I need to be able open an account?

Ideally I would be using CQG Trader like on my internship since I am familiar with it.

That shouldn't be a problem,they will do a basic credit check,name addy etc,ask about spare funds for trading etc. CQG is an exspensive package

That shouldn't be a problem,they will do a basic credit check,name addy etc,ask about spare funds for trading etc. CQG is an exspensive package

Thank you.
What package is good for someone starting off?

Looking through the forum, it is quite interesting how how many different recommendations there are.
Maybe I will go with AMP Trading with ninjatrader, seems like a few people mentioned this combination.

Last edited:
Thank you.
What package is good for someone starting off?

Looking through the forum, it is quite interesting how how many different recommendations there are.
Maybe I will go with AMP Trading with ninjatrader, seems like a few people mentioned this combination.

Depends on what u want to spend. Metatrader is free but not as good as esignal which costs me £150 a month

Not sure what is ideal for me, I am only starting off with £5000.
I guess a free platform?

Openecry have a free platform which is pretty good when i used it.

Alternatively you can get Ninjatrader free with the like of Velocity Futures and AMP Futures or Global Futures. Think its $50/60 per month for the full platform features which still aint that bad.

Have a look at here for a bit more info:

Trading Platforms | Velocity Futures

Ged

I sent an application to AMP Futures, planning on using NinjaTrader. See how it goes, thanks :)