Refco Fx

Hope

samtron said:

I cant imagine that I trade for six months, and all my worries may be on the wane.
Do You can suppose, so one cheating of people, using their deposits for solving their internal affairs.
Unprecedented abuse of clients confidence from so great broker as Refco, it may be no truth.
A great abuse may be great bad image to all brokers. On this may react all american broker and save Refco, to make the busines flow and save custommers, unless all USA forex brokers may slowly close their houses.
I heard newly, that Saxo bank in Dannemark is protected from bankrupcy by State in value of 40.000Euro relating to customer funds, (until this limit).
Who should not choose this solution, and be sleeping quiet.

It sure makes sense to keep one's money with several brokers rather than put everything with only one broker, or put everything in one Exchange for that matter.

You never know, you just never could know which could be next. Even with the best precautions.

Zupnik, don't take all this Refco thing too much to heart :) In this business, one must be prepared for all possible risks and act accordingly.

It's unregulated business and only to-the-some-extent secured deposits can be obtained in the UK and Denmark. While USA and Switzerland don't offer this kind of security.

By the way, I bet majority of FX traders didn't read fine print on their agreements, where it is stated (with majority of brokers) that customer can lose more money than on deposit and thus owe broker additional money! This can happen in case of force majeure like earthquake or 09/11 situation. Oanda is one of the rare brokers that didn't included this clausle into agreement.

cheers

Canadian Spot FX Brokers Have Insurance w/ CIPF

The Canadians have insurance if the firm is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund:

http://www.cipf.ca

This provides insurance up to 1M CAD (approx. 850 USD).

Last edited:
leotrade said:
Yes, you are right. However, RefcoFX is not a member of CIPF.

You are correct, the US version of Refco, let's use RefcoFX.com is not a member. However, their Candian counterpart, RefcoFX.ca is a member of the http://www.cipf.ca and is a member of the independent dealers association that is listed on that site.

Canadians and the Hong Kong divsion of Refco were the only ones with RefcoFX that did not have their accounts frozen.

Does anybody know, how far is the game with RefcoFX?
One employee of Reafco said to me confidentialy: This all was orchestrated by Governement in order to steel moneies. An now Bankrupcy Court as usualy has to cover legality. That means, that Court is covering legally criminal of steeling clients money. That are billions. Dont forget, how great spoken was about Refco.
FXCM is the same. Account holders, go, escape with funds at a time. I did register for live account with FXCM under different name. The accounting person, Nadine Cordova, is the same as I got set up accont throug here by RefcoFX. I wrote this to many Authorities.
People, nothing. We had finally to do with world class criminals.
Simply paying taxes on fools. But I am not ashamed to be cheated. Thieves exist all over the world. But that USA can tolerate such criminal, I dont understand. Old latin proverb says: Qui tacet, consentire videtur. Who is quiet, seems to agree. Fingers away from american broker. My experience.

Those of us that were/are RefcoFX customers have banded together and have formed a coalition to help us try and recover our money. You may find information about it here:

http://www.refcofxaccountholders.com

The above address is free, however there is a paid contribution site where we have all contributed money toward a legal defense fund and there are upwards of 230 Refco FX customers that have done so thus far.

Robert
Moderator of refcofxaccountholders.com

I am very suspicious. I think that some people found a way to earn some money on our troubles with Refco.

Last edited:
The following is a marketing piece we're sending out via email and snail mail to solicit contributions and enroll the help of other members...please take a look at the docket info in particular - - that is our group that is filing legal motions and recently objected to the Gain sale. Also, visit our website and you can ask questions there for free and you'll be able to see for yourself whether our group has been helpful to contributors: http://www.refcofxaccountholders.com. The paid group is at the following address:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/RefcoFXAccountHolders-Legal-Fund-Members/

We presently have 241 paid members. If we were doing something crooked or with impropriety, surely the word would get out -- don't you think?

Robert M. Burns
www.refcofxaccountholders.com

Dear Fellow RefcoFX Accountholder,

Does this seem right to you? GAIN Capital Group, the ones who filed an objection to the FXCM deal that we were all counting on, just made a bid that will give you, the rightful accountholder, practically nothing!

If Refco’s June 30th motion passes, instead of retaining 100% of your account, as you would have with FXCM, here’s what you’ll get:

1. GAIN will open a trading account for you and fund it with an insulting pittance of just $150, (assuming you had at least $150 in your RefcoFX account).

2. The money GAIN deposits in your new account will be available if, and only if, you deposit enough of your own money to cover margin requirements; and you complete one round trip on a full lot trade.

3. To benefit any further, you must fund your account with new money and meet high-volume requirements, (i.e., average 45 full-lot trades per month for accounts of $10,001- $25,000). In which case, GAIN will make supplemental deposits on the 6-month, 1- year, 18- month and 2-year anniversaries, as follows: 25% of the excess of your FXA Account Balance over your Initial Customer Deposit.

YOU DESERVE A BETTER DEAL

According to the GAIN purchase agreement, the only way for you to get your hard earned money back is: Put more of your precious nest egg at risk in an unregulated industry… Trade aggressively, even if you’d rather not… And get very lucky.

The GAIN offer is so deplorable, Refco’s motion states: “Debtors do not believe that a majority of these larger customers will elect to open an account with GAIN and meet the trading thresholds necessary to obtain a 100% recovery”

In other words, the GAIN sale is designed to enhance the Refco estate, but do nothing to help the majority of downtrodden accountholders. Isn’t that about par for the course!

STOP ACTING LIKE HELPLESS PREY
IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO
PROTECT WHAT’S RIGHTFULY YOURS

From the beginning, ruthless predators in the Refco case have preyed upon the poor, scattered flock of RefcoFX customers.

How do you feel, being first sheered and then ripped to the bone like a helpless little lamb?

If you are like the rest of us, and we’re pretty sure you are, this whole stinking deal makes you mad as hell… and you’re not going to take it any more!

So you’ll be happy to know there’s an easy way for you to do something about it.

JOIN THE REFCOFX CUSTOMER COALITION TODAY
When the FXCM deal fell through, members of the RefcofxAccountholders.com forum sprang into action.

* An all-volunteer group calling themselves the RefcoFX Customer Coalition organized to fight for accountholder rights.

* 159 RefcoFX customers joined the RFXCC and made membership contributions to pay legal costs.

* The RFXCC seven-member executive committee hired bankruptcy experts Todd Duffy and Douglas Amedeo to get our money back… maybe even all of it!

* Dedicated volunteers compiled contact information from Proof of Claim forms filed with the court. And that’s how we found you… We don't want anyone left out!

YOU MUST ACT NOW
THE JULY 17 DEADLINE
IS FAST APPROACHING

According to Duffy,
“Refco Proof of Claim deadline is July 17. There is no deadline for filing an amended Proof of Claim, but I believe the sooner you file an amended proof of claim, the better off you would be.”

Amended Proof of Claim… who cares about that?

You do! Here’s Duffy’s opinion as to why:
"I believe nobody should simply sign the pre-printed proof of claim and send it in…From what I have seen, the total amount listed on all of these claims does not include any recovery for the pending class action lawsuit or the possibility that customers may have a secured claim. If customers simply sign the form and send it in, the committee may attempt to use that as an admission of the total amount customers are owed and that customers are not secured."

Even the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors suggests you seek legal advice before submitting your proof of claim.

In other words, Refco instructed you to fill out your claim in a manner that best suits them, not you.

Fortunately, the RefcoFX Customer Coalition can show you the other side of the story and lend you a helping hand.

JOINING IS QUICK AND EASY
BECOME A MEMBER NOW

Join us today. Simply make a $100 contribution to the RefcoFX Customer Coalition legal fund, and get priceless insight, valuable legal advice, and peer-support second to none.

For your convenience, a RFXCC member volunteered to host Paypal services through his business. So to join, simply pull out your credit card and go to:
http://www.realestateinromania.com/refco

Participation is in your self-interest, our group interest, and in the interest of justice for all RefcoFX customers worldwide.

Besides, you will find it extremely gratifying to participate in this history-making endeavor.

NEED MORE CONVINCING?

After all you’ve been through... the fraud... the unfair treatment of Forex traders... the fact that U.S. laws failed to protect our hard earned money... we don’t blame you for being skeptical.

So, here’s some straight talk that will put your mind at ease.

“How do I know this isn’t a scam?”
Go to http://www.refcocommittee.com/. Hit “I Accept” at the bottom of the page and you will be admitted to the Refco Official Creditors Committee website… Click on the “Links” tab at the top of the page. There you’ll find a total of 10 links to information deemed helpful for RefcoFX customers. Link number 10 is to our original FREE site:
http://RefcofxAccountholders.com

“Where’s proof you’re paying an attorney?”
Go to http://www.refcodocket.com/DocketFiles/2279.pdf Read the Rule 2019 verified statement of Duffy & Amedeo in connection with representation of certain customers of Refco F/X Associates, LLC (collectively, the “Ad Hoc Committee of Refco F/X Customers”). “Ad Hoc Committee of Refco F/X Customers” is legalese for RefcoFX Customer Coalition.

“Do I have to join to benefit?”
As you’ll notice in the filing mentioned above, Duffy & Amedeo are representing “certain customers”, not all customers. By the time we realized the FXCM sale was not going through, it was too late to get a class suit going. This is not a class action. You must join the RefcoFX Customer Coalition and pay your membership fee if you want representation. There are no free rides.

“What guarantee do I have this will help?”
The only guarantee we can give you is this: if you do nothing, you will lose. If you try, you might win. As a trader, you know a $100 investment with the potential to win thousands is hard to beat.

“What is the Best Case Scenario?”
Best-case scenario: Duffy proves we are secured creditors, under “constructive trust” guidelines, we get all our money back, and case law is established that will protect Forex traders in the future… making us all heroes!
Worst-case scenario: The court fails to grant us secured creditor status, but Duffy makes sure you make out as well as possible. And for just 100 bucks you get the satisfaction of knowing you tried.

“I’ll join but I don’t want to use PayPal.”
The PayPal option is intended to save you time and money. But if you prefer to send your contribution directly to Duffy & Amedeo, you’ll find complete wire instructions at the PayPal webpage. Join Now http://www.realestateinromania.com/refco

IMMEDIATE BENEFITS

As an immediate benefit to joining, you will gain access to the members-only website where you can:

1) View an example of a specimen Proof of Claim.

2) Find out how to amend a Proof of Claim form that has already been filed.

3) Discover the inside story no one is talking about

4) Get briefed on our two-step plan of attack

5) Stay up-to-date on critical developments

And don’t forget the chat… any time, day or night, you’ve got something on your mind, you’ll find RFXCC members eager to hash it out with you!

PLEASE JOIN TODAY, WE’RE COUNTING ON YOU

By now, you must realize that joining the RefcoFX Customer Coalition is the honorable thing to do. As free citizens in a treacherous world, it is both a privilege and an obligation to fight for justice… especially when it’s so cheap and easy!

So why put it off? Take a minute now, while it's on your mind. Get out your credit card and fight for your rights. You’ll glad you did.

Go to http://www.realestateinromania.com/refco

Thank you for joining the cause…

The Executive Committee of the
Ad Hoc Committee of Refco F/X Customers

Joseph Rowan
Dominick LoBue
Mark Resnick
Robert M. Burns
Chris Martin
Gary Gray
Archibald Graham

PS - once you have contributed, you will be automatically entered into our yahoo group where we keep the important inside information: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/RefcoFXAccountHolders-Legal-Fund-Members/
Please note that your entry into this group may take 2-3 days so please be patient as we are volunteers and all data-entry is being done manually.

Join Now it’s easy at member-hosted paypal site http://www.realestateinromania.com/refco