Re - where is the grail?

hi guys just thought i'd let you know that i have the grail. i have had it for some time now and it is amazing. the only problem i find so far is that it only works in hindsight but i'm working on that lol

Toast makes some reasonable points in this thread. It is a shame that his need to sell his software seems to permeate most of his posts, as this leads him to make some less credible statements. That aside, the fact is that most trading books are not only useless, but worse than useless. The very few exceptions are superb, but they tend to get lost in the swamp.

In terms of learning how to trade, there really is no substitute for experience and independent thought.

You misunderestimate me, sir.

My posts are what they are. They are not a sales pitch.

You are seeing what you want to see, not what is.

Hope you don't do this when trading too.

the only problem i find so far is that it only works in hindsight but i'm working on that lol

May I suggest my "build your own time machine" ebook which contains easy to follow plans based on an actual working time machine that I smuggled out of war torn Nazi Germany.

There's only 68 left, which I'm offering to t2w members at a special discounted price of $699

May I suggest my "build your own time machine" ebook which contains easy to follow plans based on an actual working time machine that I smuggled out of war torn Nazi Germany.

There's only 68 left, which I'm offering to t2w members at a special discounted price of $699

make that 67 ..i'll have one:(

Last edited:
It's a pity he doesn't post here any more. Between him and Martinghoul you're sorted for anything FX and rates lol. Pity there are no stocks or commods guys around eh.

good post. That's why I dont get why so many people trade FX where there is no usable volume available.

It's a different market and a different set of skills, I think.

The bottom line is that the grail is YOU. The markets are full of speculators just like you and they are all trying to figure out what everyone else is going to do next, so that they can take advantage of that.

If you take 10,000 Johnny Futures, give them all an account and sit them all in front of a chart in seperate rooms, how would you trade against them? It's a bit of a conundrum isn't it?

Of course, there are big fish that play a different game but they are only so big. Even the biggest fish can't take on 10,000 Johnny Futures. But at a vulnerable time, they can do things to make you second guess yourself and take advantage of that.

There's liquidity providers too.

Still - the big fish & the liquidity providers are sort of stuff you can worry about once you figured out how to play against 10,000 clones of yourself.

You misunderestimate me, sir.

My posts are what they are. They are not a sales pitch.:LOL:

You are seeing what you want to see, not what is.

Hope you don't do this when trading too.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You're OK Toastie. (y)

One thing we can be certain of, whether I do that or not in my trading, you definitely don't do it in your "trading". :LOL:

i'm going to jot a note or two that will be against how other traders engage but you have to work your way through the evolution of self-education if you refuse to get with someone who's income producing......pros that i listen to actively, day-to-day, have different reaches into their way of "seeing" price discovery, some of them only position in zones and some only in specific pivots points or price levels, some look for one size play with small points, others cones of book-build, others on volume exhaustion, others on liquidity squeezes, bond plays, nfp releases, fomc traps the list is endless.....they have distinctive ideas on time, the role of time as a function of momentum, when to engage in the auction process, when to sit out, when to allow lower tier money to show their hand...you see, this is all an active thinking process, active as in today, not in a supposition of a book.....that exactly what the word "dynamic" means......

Something to look forward to indeed.

It's a pity he doesn't post here any more. Between him and Martinghoul you're sorted for anything FX and rates lol. Pity there are no stocks or commods guys around eh.

I can only imagine the amount of PMs a known insider must get from the t2w wannabeez...getussa job geeza

Nah they just ignore ya - been there years ago lol. Anyone (he says...) who's on here doesn't have the academic mettle and/or CV merits to get through the vetting process... or maybe that's just me!

I just watched the Emini price changed bias from bears to bulls, the 34.50'swere getting taken on the bid but they wouldnt go offer, it was like the tape was stuck, then it sped up and buyers took it higher even though there were very few bids at the 34.50's. is this what you are talking about.

Yes - now step back a bit - and look @ the 'mini-trends' the ES puts in on a daily basis. First, you see people pile in as above & the market pushes up 4 points.

Then it comes back down 2 points.

At this point, you have longs in profit and shorts in a bit less profit.

You see someone step up on the bid and start absorbing the selling.

At this point, you have 1500 Johnny Futures Long, 1500 Johnny Futures short, 7000 Johnny Futures trying to figure out what to do next.

How do the longs feel @ this point?
How do the shorts feel @ this point?
How do the 7000 feel?

Now price moves up a point.

How do the longs feel @ this point? :clap:
How do the shorts feel @ this point? :sick:
How do the 7000 feel? Like taking a long, like taking a short? People want to trade, they are itching to trade. What is the trade they take?

What is the path of least resistance? Is there any?

Is there a tendency for new sellers to pile in at this point?
Is there a tendency for new buyers to pile in at this point?
Is there a tendency for the sellers to chicken out & close their positions at this point?
Is there a tendency for the buyers to chicken out & close their positions at this point?

A lot of people, all with different perspectives. Some in, some out, some long, some short.

Still - what keeps the shorts OUT is the same thing that keeps the buyers in - perception that it will move up. Motivated buyers, demotivated sellers.

So then you sort of turn full circle and end up back where you started, which is why people think it was going to go up in the first place.

It's a bit like throwing a snowball down a hill and ending up with an avalanche...

So I went short at 1337.25 as it seemed to be topping out. Then the VPOC moved up from 1335.25 to 1337.50!

Then it kept reloading on 36.25 and 36.50

Got out 1 tick up. Going nowhere fast today. Done for the day.

Now watch this drive!

Now watch this drive! - YouTube

e2a - if I'd have stayed in for 10 more mins, that would have been a tidy day for me. When you're hot, you're hot and when you're not, you're not.

Last edited:
No I wasnt talking about Jack Schwager.

I'm not really sure what criteria Mr Schwager used to select traders for the book, so I dont honestly know.

Things are going reasonably well thanks :)
Schwager wrote his his first book for the very reason you mentioned.
He was a losing trader and wanted to find out what made a winning trader.
And I'm sure you are doing well. I get that distinct impression but did you add 30 mill to your personal account last year?