Re-enter order

etrader808

I'm using a Volatility Break out system on GBPUSD daily bars and wanted to know if anyone knows how to programe order re-entrys.

If you look at the circled bar and we assume the market opened @ 1.9246 and it moves down to trigger the SELL order of 1.9235 then rises to trigger BUY @1.9257 then drops again to close @ 1.9217. How do I get the system to re-enter SELL order @ 1.9235 on the same bar after orginal SELL order was already executed on the same bar?

I hope that makes sense.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Input: lkbk(5), Ent(.65);

Value1 = Ent * AvgTrueRange(lkbk);

{Long Entries}
Buy next bar at Open of next bar + Value1 stop;

{Short Entries}
Sell next bar at Open of next bar - Value1 stop;

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Attachments

• VolRev_2_02.22.05.jpg
    VolRev_2_02.22.05.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 297
Wouldn't the system just do that it by itself since you have no open position at that point?

You could use the "marketposition" function unless that updates after the bar close. It's been a while since I struggled with Easyanguage (oxymoron) and realized that position management was not a trivial task..

Alexander

Thanks for the reply alexander.

The only challenge is that TS2000i does not allow for stop orders to be placed on current car. Therefore if the market swings and hits the buy and sell stops on the same bar the system cannot re-enter stop orders on current bar. I can't seem to find a way around this.

The systems is quiet profitable since 01.01.04 generating over 10000pisps net but it also needs a hard stop coded that can execute on current bar, which again TS2000i does not allow.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
etrader808

Attachments

• VolRev 02.22.05.jpg
    VolRev 02.22.05.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 264
  • VolRev.XLS
    180.8 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
etrader808 said:
Thanks for the reply alexander.

The only challenge is that TS2000i does not allow for stop orders to be placed on current car. Therefore if the market swings and hits the buy and sell stops on the same bar the system cannot re-enter stop orders on current bar. I can't seem to find a way around this.

The systems is quiet profitable since 01.01.04 generating over 10000pisps net but it also needs a hard stop coded that can execute on current bar, which again TS2000i does not allow.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
etrader808

One way around this is using intraday bars. Have you thought about it?

This is how I got around a similar problem a few years back. It seems to me that you are trying to implement an intraday system with daily data and this can get problematic.

Alexander