Rates IG markets

mercurious

Hi everybody!

I am a stock pairs trader and because I want to have better margins I am looking in to CFD's. IG markets seems a good place to go. The problem with the way I trade is that I trade a lot (I have many positions on) but the size if relatively small because I spread this out on many positions. So looking at the rates of IG markets, the minimum commision of $15 on US stocks and EUR. 10 on European stocks would kill me. Does anyone know if these minimum commissions rates are negotiable. Thanks in advance!

As with all these things, they'll negotiate, but you'll need to show them decent size. Do you have a track record to show?

As with all these things, they'll negotiate, but you'll need to show them decent size. Do you have a track record to show?

Hi ns1000. Thanks for your reply. I cant show them a track record solely based on the pairs trades. I trade a lot of options too so my profits in my account are not only from the pairs. I will try to negotiate with them but I am looking at some (US) prop fims too because their rates are much better but you need a series 7 license.

Another option would be to look at daily spread bets. There's no minimums there beyond the minimum sizes. These will vary from firm to firm, but I'm pretty sure they'll work out lower than the minimum commissions. The reliability of the quotes you get should be the same for spread betting at IG as for CFDs. Other SB providers may vary in terms of silly games - you'll read about them all on here.

Another option would be to look at daily spread bets. There's no minimums there beyond the minimum sizes. These will vary from firm to firm, but I'm pretty sure they'll work out lower than the minimum commissions. The reliability of the quotes you get should be the same for spread betting at IG as for CFDs. Other SB providers may vary in terms of silly games - you'll read about them all on here.

Thanks I will take a look at spread betting and IG!