Random acts of Kindness

I wonder if acts of kindness fits into the clever/dumb balance principle: ie; for every act of kindness, you also faciliate something not so kind.
Sorry to get serious, but yes, I do believe there's avery real likelihood of this. You can never determine the extent of your actions - good or bad.

On which basis, should you subscribe to it, you may just as well do what you like....the Ultimate Kindness.

lol - i meant the floor of my car :eek:

I wonder if acts of kindness fits into the clever/dumb balance principle: ie; for every act of kindness, you also faciliate something not so kind.

Yes, often. Give money to starving people in Africa and you might be undermining local farmers and making the problem worse.

Wouldn't this undermine the competence of the parking attendant who issued the ticket in good faith and was just doing his job ?

It could be argued that effectively you were an accessory to fraud :)

Paul

Actually the parking attendant was probably an accessory to fraud - these tickets (issued by private companies) are generally illegal and unenforcable. I've had loads of them, never paid, and nothing has ever come of it!

Arbitrageur,

Been visiting the local hospital daily for past week and I always give my parking ticket to someone; yesterday someone gave me their ticket.

The other day in Sainsbury's I let a lady go before me because she only had one item.

If a girlfriend gives you a dose she received from someone else, is that an example of kindness reciprocated?

If a girlfriend throws up on you through too much drink, is that kindness (or just a sign of affection)?

The ultimate kindness - a refund from a prostitute(but was it through pity of joy?)

Grant.

Grant,

This is a Zero-Sum game; dont pay the prossie, but give your girlfriend the dose you got.

Last edited:
Mr Gecko,

Re the guy who gave it to your girlfriend, give it to his sister. Keep it in the family.

The joys of youth - so young, yet so cynical.

Grant.

On the coldest night of the year, I gave a whell-chair bound 80-year old blind man £25. Then I evicted him.

Grant.

Be Honest

Arb, you must have at least considered the possibility of the thread turning out this way, even if you didn't have an outright conviction of it.

RC,

"didn't you even say "Sorry, Dad" as you did it ?". No, I'm ruthless.

Don Bramble,

"he would have known the £25 was just newspaper". It's the thought that counts.

Grant.

RC,

"didn't you even say "Sorry, Dad" as you did it ?". No, I'm ruthless.

Don Bramble,

"he would have known the £25 was just newspaper". It's the thought that counts.

Grant.

so what you're saying is, that because you're ruthless, that poor old homeless man is now ROOFLESS ??!!??

BOOM BOOM