Quick question

All the information you need to trade is in a graph of price - true or false?

• Total voters
I think it depends on what market you trade, and the timeframe. We all know someone who doesn't belong to the interbank circle, hasn't a chance trading just charts,scalping forex 5 minute charts, move up to the dailies though,(for fx) and there isn't as much that 'isn't known' which could determine market direction, contrary to lower timeframes, and what's there is just a chart with fundamentals, some big levels and a trend. So i think YES for swing trading forex.

I think it depends on what market you trade, and the timeframe. We all know someone who doesn't belong to the interbank circle, hasn't a chance trading just charts,scalping forex 5 minute charts, move up to the dailies though,(for fx) and there isn't as much that 'isn't known' which could determine market direction, contrary to lower timeframes, and what's there is just a chart with fundamentals, some big levels and a trend. So i think YES for swing trading forex.

You mean "True" :devilish:

I think the answer is probably 'false' but then, I am yet to find anything better.

I know that the new fashionable thing is to trade from the DOM/T+S on this site. I got nothing out of it, personally - even after taken the oft-used advice of ''stare at it for 8 hours per day for 2 weeks and you'll start to see things''. I just saw randomness.

for those that think charts are rubbish though, how would you advice one swing trades then? Say, typically holding for a few days?

The best trader i've ever seen (who posts some of his live trades on twitter but im not gonna say who he is) seems to day/swing trade. Im certain he doesn't look at the DOM. He does mention and post various chart formations though (although I guess he could be lying to us to throw us off the scent)

Use charts to swing trade = make money...er that's it..it really is that simple...

I think the answer is probably 'false' but then, I am yet to find anything better.

I know that the new fashionable thing is to trade from the DOM/T+S on this site. I got nothing out of it, personally - even after taken the oft-used advice of ''stare at it for 8 hours per day for 2 weeks and you'll start to see things''. I just saw randomness.

for those that think charts are rubbish though, how would you advice one swing trades then? Say, typically holding for a few days?

The best trader i've ever seen (who posts some of his live trades on twitter but im not gonna say who he is) seems to day/swing trade. Im certain he doesn't look at the DOM. He does mention and post various chart formations though (although I guess he could be lying to us to throw us off the scent)
:sneaky: i can't talk, i lost concentration after 10 minutes