purpose of sharing systems

Theres no such thing as an original Trading idea or system anymore (?)....

sure there multi-million dollar computers crunching thousands of numbers a second.....but these are all variations of the same themes at the end of the day

The Markets are also constantly evolving so again any strategy will have to evolve or die ....

I think Collaboration is fantastic and the only way to grow.....(which can require sprinkling a little bread on the Water) and I have been lucky enough to find and engage with a lot of very smart people in the 3 years I have active on T2W

you wont learn and grow unless you are prepared to get out there........and not just buying courses.....you are then looking generally in the wrong place for the wrong things and limiting your growth chances severely

and keep an open mind.........I have realised I have been a little stale for a while now in my trading.....so I am now going to try to make up for this by looking at some new areas in trading and working with some new people

N

Last edited:
First off, If you locate gold in a mountain, who are you going to tell? Surely not another mining company.

Each trader is a miner, we are all after the same exact thing.

Correct?

Why would I tell you were you can find the gold?

I dont need 20,000+ throwing 1,000 lots each into the action, I need them to continue wondering the range for a chunk of gold, hiting and missing consistanly, so MY mountain will continue to produce gold, FOR ME, MAhuauauahau:devilish:

actually the Gold mountain discoveery is a very interesting theory

so imagine you are a regular guy , low income and no resources to speak of or to call on

you were hiking in the middle of nowhere and found gold traces...you take them back home and then travel to the big city to get them appraised by someone who tells you they are top grade

so what do you do then ?

how will your story Develop........will you become wealthy all on your own or by bringing others in ?

hmmmmmmmm :smart:

n

sharing a system do have few benefits to the sharer:
- get further feedback and ideas from other traders who might have undertaken that route. share their experience..etc
- get others to share new systems.

Generally systems in the public domain are:
- not full systems. Trading them right away will not be profitable. however they do give you some tips and theories. You will have to apply some variations to make it profitable (if it can be profitable).
- stopped working. If you do a backtest; you will notice that the system stopped being profitable around the publishing date of that strategy.

Even if you publish a profitable system; majority of people will not be able to trade it profitably. the devils is in the details; and in the philosophy of the system. Systems need constant modification along the way. If you don't understand the theory behind it; you wont be able to CPR it in changing conditions.

To bring forward a totalitarian world government.The people behind it need killing but it is probably too late.

sharing a system do have few benefits to the sharer:
- get further feedback and ideas from other traders who might have undertaken that route. share their experience..etc
- get others to share new systems.

Generally systems in the public domain are:
- not full systems. Trading them right away will not be profitable. however they do give you some tips and theories. You will have to apply some variations to make it profitable (if it can be profitable).
- stopped working. If you do a backtest; you will notice that the system stopped being profitable around the publishing date of that strategy.

Even if you publish a profitable system; majority of people will not be able to trade it profitably. the devils is in the details; and in the philosophy of the system. Systems need constant modification along the way. If you don't understand the theory behind it; you wont be able to CPR it in changing conditions.

Well summed up.

There really is so little to lose from posting a system for free to T2w or similar. Hard to believe anyone in the market trades a system the main 'edge' of which is that nobody else in the world knows about it.

The phrase 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' is obviously logical - yet the converse 'nothing ventured, nothing lost' is equally logical! There in my opinion are too many people who feel that they must be fully invested and that there is always money to be made by investing short or long and they are not looking at the risk / reward / expenses issues. Selecting when and where to invest can improve odds considerably.

Good luck everybody - you deserve it!