Prop Shop in Sydney?

Congratualations guys! Really well done!....Was it a tough process? Do you have any advice that i should consider....I will be applying for next intake, Feb I think after I finish my double degree at uni.

Congratualations guys! Really well done!....Was it a tough process? Do you have any advice that i should consider....I will be applying for next intake, Feb I think after I finish my double degree at uni.

it was tough sorta, I dunno, seemed pretty easy now that i'm in, but considering the numbers that apply it was really tough, 800 sent in resumes...

ask me for advice in a couple of months, I'll probably be able to shed better light then

wow just re-read this thread, lots of good advice if you read from post one, specifically grants advice for all those that will apply next year.

Im still not going to be overly optimistic, its gonna be a hell of a learning curve over the first few months, and I realise how difficult it can potentially be (no big $'s in my eyes)..

lets hope in a year I can quote this post and say that I've traded successfully my first year.

Bump

First post from a lurker... white-goodman - are you still around at Propex?
How did it go?
(anyone else who started at the same time, do let us know how i went)

cheers,
V.

Another one for you hungry cats:
SEEK jobs database and employment advice

Copy pasted:

Equities House Traders - Sydney
The current active market is presenting regular traders with very attractive trading opportunities.

As an ASX member firm with a proven record of successfully trading equities on a within-the-day basis, we are very well placed to benefit from current volatility.

We seek highly responsible and professional individuals, with past trading experience in equities or any other financial instruments.

Please Note: A university degree is a prerequisite.

We offer further training, as well as advanced market scanning software and order management systems.

Your remuneration will include a basic component, but will be directly linked to your success. The earnings potential for those determined to master the art is very considerable.

Now, which firm would this be?????

Another Sydney Prop Firm

Just saw this for anyone who is interested in another prop firm in Sydney: Proprietary trading firm Sydney | Silkroad Capital

I have not heard a thing about this prop firm must be newish, it says "owned and operated by three veteran traders based in Sydney" maybe some experienced traders from another prop are setting up their own firm, who knows.

Last edited:
Student 2 Trader has officially released interviews with Propex Traders.

There are currently two interviews posted, viewable at:
http://student2trader.com/trader_interviews

One is with an successful prop trader of 2.5 years
The other is a 3 month trainee trader

The interviews are quite comprehensive, and very informative.
Hopefully you'll find out the answers to a lot of your burning questions.

As an administrator of S2T the purpose of the post is to hopefully inform, not spam.

Cheers
Damon

Hello everyone

I am a new member of this forum and was wondering if people could confirm that the list of proprietary trading firms in Sydney that I have is complete.

Optiver.
Liquid.
Tibra.
IMC Pacific.
SIG.
Silk Road Capital.
Propex.

Many thanks.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a prop shop without graduate programmes?
I'm not into options, just futures trading

Hello my name is Cameron. I am fairly new to the world of trading (1 year experience), and this forum. I am currently taking time off from college to focus on my trading skills, etc. Currently, I am on the pursuit of finding a proprietary day trading firm, similar to SMB Capital, in New York. I'd like to possibly intern as a trader for a prop shop somehwere in Sydney, that trades a wide spectrum of securities, and offers a comprehensive training program. Any advice, recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. From the previous posts of prop shops in Sydney i.e. Propex, Tibra. etc. Do any fit what I am looking for? Thank you.

Hi Cameron. Have a look at a place called GFIN. A guy called Malcolm Gooden is managing it and has heaps of experience in the industry and was really helpful. I don't think they are taking on graduates though. The only other place other than above is Silk Road.

Hi Cameron. Have a look at a place called GFIN. A guy called Malcolm Gooden is managing it and has heaps of experience in the industry and was really helpful. I don't think they are taking on graduates though. The only other place other than above is Silk Road.

Thanks, I'll take a look at GFIN and Silk Road. My only concern is the fact I do not have a college degree. I don't have one because all I want to do is trade and you can't teach that, or more correctly, they don't teach that at traditional college.

Hi does any one have information on transmarket Sydney. I am a experienced spread trader looking for some information on things like what products do they trade etc.
any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks