profitsprophets.com

Barry, those margins requirements sound abour right. I'm with D4Free and it probably depends who you use. I trade when I can (most of the time) and by phone rather than on-line. the pp prices are true and sometimes i actually manage to get in a better price which is nice !

dave

Dave/Oatman

Thanks for your replies, your answers to my questions are much appreciated.

Barry

Seems like a scam to me! One thing that is definitely not a scam is the Lord Jamla seminars, coming at a London town near you in the summer.

I'm looking forward to the "Jamla Scamlas". (No doubt in a bar).

Happy trading,

Profits Prophets Ltd

Anybody heard of this outfit who are currently advertising their trading service on ADVFN ?

Last I heard they were an offshore setup costing £400 per month and they would text you Long or Short trades to take.

I seem to remember there was no way of contacting them by phone and the fact they are offhore was to get around being FSA registered on giving investment advice.

I didnt hear much that was positive and if they were any good we would all of heard about them a long time ago.

Paul

All,

Since posting my reply to this thread, I still haven`t signed up with them (for no reason other then I couldn`t be sure to take and act on the alerts immediately). Im nearer to giving the trial a go.

However, I regularly get mails from them showing their trades and profit/losses. If anybody would like those I have, drop your email address and I`ll forward them on.

Regards

Barry

Hi all. I'm new to posting to these (and any other boards) and I would like to say that I am a member of profitsprophets.com and have been for some months. August, so far, has been a good month and I would highly recommend the service. Try them out!

If you would like more info give me a shout

K

Hi

Can you tell me whether you are getting your trades at the prices that PP text you to buy/sell at. Or, are you finding that by the time you get the alert, the prices have moved away to an extent that the trade is not worth taking?

How long have you been with them?
You say that August has so far been a good month, but how have other months compared?

Any feedback is very welcome.
Thanks

kateli said:
Hi all. I'm new to posting to these (and any other boards) and I would like to say that I am a member of profitsprophets.com and have been for some months. August, so far, has been a good month and I would highly recommend the service. Try them out!

If you would like more info give me a shout

K

here is some info on www.profitprophets.com...

i have done a whois on the domain name..

the person who registered the site is called Darren J Spain,

also look at this www.geocities.com/darrenjspain/menu.html, cant be that many with the same name..
please make up your own mind as i will not pass judgement in fear of being shot down in flames like i and skimbleshanks etc was in the Index King in da house scandal of 2003!!
aint that right skimbleshanks?

WHOIS information for profitprophets.com:

[whois.totalregistrations.com]
The Data in TotalRegistrations' WHOIS database is provided by
TotalRegistrations for information purposes and to assist persons
in obtaining information about or related to a domain name
registration record. TotalRegistrations does not guarantee its
accuracy. By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will
use this Data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this Data to: (1) allow,
enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited,
commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail (spam); or (2)
enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to
TotalRegistrations (or its systems). TotalRegistrations reserves
the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this
query, you agree to abide by this policy

Registrant:
Darren J. Spain
P.O. Box 25409
London
n/a
SE10 8WJ
UK

Domain Name: profitprophets.com

Administrative Contact:
Domains Dept (IR00001-TR)
Seem Internet Solutions Ltd
Freepost ANG9038
St Albans
Herts
Visit http://www.seem.co.uk - bargain domains
AL1 5BR
UK
phone: 01727751402
fax: 08700 940295
[email protected]

Technical Contact:
Domains Dept (IR00001-TR)
Seem Internet Solutions Ltd
Freepost ANG9038
St Albans
Herts
Visit http://www.seem.co.uk - bargain domains
AL1 5BR
UK
phone: 01727751402
fax: 08700 940295
[email protected]

Record updated on 27-Mar-2004
Record expires on 08-Sep-2010
Record created on 09-Sep-1998

Domain servers in listed order:
ns2.sisdns.net 66.139.74.149
ns1.sisdns.net 66.135.33.85

good luck

citroen999 - I don't want to start anything but I have a minor quibble - you've missed an "S" from the domain name - its www.profitsprophets.com NOT www.profitprophets.com.

BF1 - I've been with them for 4 months or so and I'm pleased to say that I'm doing pretty well. We went into the weekend with three trades in profit. (July - break even, June +600ish points.)

Hope this has helped

-K

Points claims look good. They refuse to give any details about who they are / who's involved, or their location. V. odd. Also they denied having any connection to the Isle of Man. However they told a previous poster this is where they were based, plus this is also where their website domain is registered. Two similar domains are registered with the profitsprophets name in identical fashion with channel islands address.

I can see why they dont give out their name and address - it is frustrating sometimes when I want to speak to someone bu in my experience the help desk is very prompt in answering questions. and I dont suppose they want people like me phoning them all day ! I have used them for a while and I am pleased with the service provided. cheers.

Dave33 said:
I dont suppose they want people like me phoning them all day !
I'm not so sure about that, Dave! Don't you think that since you've been a member here for over 2 years and that every single post you've ever made has been to tell people how good this service is, that they might be really proud of you and delighted to talk to you? My guess, especially given the history of harsh criticisms and extraordinary allegations about these people on so many other internet forums, and the complete absence of anyone plausible endorsing them, is that your reaction to them is so unique that they'd really welcome a call from you! You're not doing yourself justice here at all! :)

Can you point us in the direction of the `many other internet forums` that have expressed dissatisfaction with this company please?

Roberto said:
I'm not so sure about that, Dave! Don't you think that since you've been a member here for over 2 years and that every single post you've ever made has been to tell people how good this service is, that they might be really proud of you and delighted to talk to you? My guess, especially given the history of harsh criticisms and extraordinary allegations about these people on so many other internet forums, and the complete absence of anyone plausible endorsing them, is that your reaction to them is so unique that they'd really welcome a call from you! You're not doing yourself justice here at all! :)

BF1 said:
Can you point us in the direction of the `many other internet forums` that have expressed dissatisfaction with this company please?
the one that springs to mind is Fillyaboots.com . Have a look in the archives there.

There are others, too.

Here's one from "MoneyTec" which took 10 seconds to find:...
I tried profitsprophets last November and recieved only 1 message for the months subscription - and that told me they had changed banks. If I was you I would avoid them. http://www.sharedecision.com/_sb104/00000515.htm . http://www.sharedecision.com/_sb104/00000564.htm . A couple of links from old forums in fillyaboots - says it all. Looks like they bring attention to themselves by people asking about them in forums. Saves on advertising I suppose.

Roberto said:

I have used this Company in the past and I can verify that their published results are correct and tradeable at the prices they quote as they normally use limits to enter but occasionally market orders.

They are very useful if you work full time as they send out the trades by SMS Message. The main problem with them is the price per month which is £400 this is not a problem if you have a huge account as you can bet £10 per point and easily cover the costs but if you have a smaller account then obviously the costs become more signifcant.

In the early days they did have some bad periods especially on the indices but they have now become a lot more consistent and have only had four losing trades this year. They now trade mainly forex but also diversify into commodities if these offer better trades.

They are very professional and always answer any e-mails promptly and comprehensively, I am convinced they are very good traders and have no problem recommending them if you have sufficient capital and want a service that is consistent and doesn't tie you to the screen.

Schoe,
Is there any reason why you no longer (I presume) use them now?

schoe said:
I have used this Company in the past and I can verify that their published results are correct and tradeable at the prices they quote as they normally use limits to enter but occasionally market orders.

They are very useful if you work full time as they send out the trades by SMS Message. The main problem with them is the price per month which is £400 this is not a problem if you have a huge account as you can bet £10 per point and easily cover the costs but if you have a smaller account then obviously the costs become more signifcant.

In the early days they did have some bad periods especially on the indices but they have now become a lot more consistent and have only had four losing trades this year. They now trade mainly forex but also diversify into commodities if these offer better trades.

They are very professional and always answer any e-mails promptly and comprehensively, I am convinced they are very good traders and have no problem recommending them if you have sufficient capital and want a service that is consistent and doesn't tie you to the screen.