Problem With Quote.Com's Verisign Certificate?

jonnyy40

Experienced member
I got this security warning when about to log on to their secure server to change my billing information.As it's the first time that's happened to me,I just thought I'd ask what it's about and how can you tell that the verisign logo is legit?

Attachments

• quote.jpg
    quote.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,220
Jonny, this is just a security message that IE generates depending on your security settings - have you maybe changed them recently, or re-installed IE? If you are worried, then why not view the certificate and see if that satisfies you? In either case, if you know you're on the right website (ie does the address in the address bar look right) and the page is secure, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

OK.Clicked on 'yes' (I'd like to proceed) and then got this message.I'm not feeling very confident about things .

Attachments

• quote2.jpg
    quote2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,470
IMO, this is nothing to worry about.
I use that site for teaching purposes sometimes and if there is a gap of a few days between logging on, that combo of screens usually appears. They have a server farm and sometimes you end up in a different section when you log on and the same combo occurs. You might well find the same thing happens if you clear your cookies as well.
I'm not a techie and you've probably forgotten more than I'll ever know, but I've been getting that combo of screens for a few years on that site and never had a problem - all my opinion and experience only - your decision!
BTW, there is no point in emailing them to ask - they don't reply for a few days!!
Richard

I got through to change my details and the new card was refused.I think they want me to upgrade from basic.