Privacy

Generally if you open an account for an SB company (by way of introduction) they may give you an account opening commission they do give you a % commission based on the volume of business the client does thereafter. It's paid retrospectively each month. YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL ARE NOT NAMED, YOU ARE A REF. NUMBER. The SB Co and the introducer do not *share* knowledge on the individual. Hope that helps.

If IG were to disclose the date of signup for a reference number and also if trade2win tracked and logged banner clicks by Members.

Then potentially Trade2win could narrow down which Member each anonymous ref. number refers to. Especially if there not many clicks on that ad that day.

Im not saying trade2win do this, or that IG reveal the date or time of signups.

But this is an example of one potential hole.

I have worked with commission based systems.

If T2W is getting commissions, there needs to be some sort of statement with the commission saying what those commissions are for. If they are related to trades, then it stands to reason that some level of information would be passed back to show that the calculations are fair.

The IG button says "Get Thinking"

It looks as if the wheels are really turning, this morning. :LOL:

Let me clarify the Introducing Broker (IB) arrangement, so there's no confusion.

The IB arrangement is a common method in the industry to compensate companies or people for introducing clients to a broker like IG.

Basically the advertising revenue on T2W comes from two sources, banner advertising which is normally CPM based (that means we get paid X amount per 1000 impressions); or commission based, whereby there's no payment up front for the advertising, but instead a commission on the trading activity of the client introduced. Depending on the broker, and the type of advertising, one can be preferable over the other. Here on T2W we do a mix of the two (but mostly CPM based), and have done so since the website first launched. This is the same approach used on every trading website that generates income from advertising.

In terms of the information we get from the broker, like DionysusToast says some breakdown of the trades is passed on to show the calculations are fair, so we receive a monthly spreadsheet. In terms of actual client information, all we get from IG is a client ID, like AB123; and no discernible information to determine who that person is.

Last edited:
The spreadsheet we get from IG is very generic in format, listing all client trades in one sheet - almost like the raw output from a database query. So it's impossible to tell without a lot of extra work.

Let me clarify the Introducing Broker (IB) arrangement, so there's no confusion.

In terms of the information we get from the broker, like DionysusToast says some breakdown of the trades is passed on to show the calculations are fair, so we receive a monthly spreadsheet. In terms of actual client information, all we get from IG is a client ID, like AB123; and no discernible information to determine who that person is.

I did suspect that would turn out to be the case, as the two organisations concerned are reputable. No need for you to comment of course but I say it was poor customer care and a casual attitude that IG used the wording they did and left you to clean up after them.