printing the showme

dima777

hi all!
i want to ask if it is possible to print to the file the showme output?
thanking in advance!
Dima

You can print to file any variable.

print( file ( "C:\TheFile.txt" ), ELDateToStr( date ), ",", open, ",', high, ",", low, ",", close );

thanks....bu what about the marks that are generated by the showme study? like pivot points? i am sure there might be a workarounf this by replicatig the condition code from the pivot showme in an indicator and exporting it instead...but what about some complex showme studies..can tey simply be exported in text format?
thanks!!!

Any line, dot, squiggle or wiggle plotted on the chart must have a value in a variable to be able to plot that value. You can take that value and put it into a file just as easy as you can plot it. One line of code down at the bottom of the indy and you can get a textual representation of the entire study.

cool,,,do you think you can show me how to export the PIVOT showme dots into a text file?

thank a lot!!!!

Everywhere it says plot1[Displace]( Value, "PlotName", ...)

You would just do a print to file and list the variable that is used to plot the dot. I have provided you more detailed code in the past which shows how to print to file. The only thing missing is what it is that you are wanting to print. In the case of a showMe you can just write the actual plot value

if PivotHighVSBar( 1, Price, LeftStrength, RightStrength, RightStrength + 1 ) <> -1
then
begin
Plot1[RightStrength]( High[RightStrength], "PivotHi" ) ;
print(file("C:\MyStuff.txt"), Plot1) ;
Alert ;
end
else
NoPlot( 1 ) ; { remove the marker }