Price, (Volume), Support, Resistance, Demand, Supply . . .

If you have no idea how to begin developing a trading plan, there should be plenty of info in the First Steps forum. There's nothing difficult about it, but it does take time.

dbphoenix said:
If you have no idea how to begin developing a trading plan, there should be plenty of info in the First Steps forum. There's nothing difficult about it, but it does take time.

Thank you for the information.

I do know how to develop a trading plan but was interested in yours as it useful to know how other more experienced traders operate and to incorporate, or not, their ideas into my own plan.

Regards

bracke

dbphoenix said:
How much are you willing to lose on any given trade?

I am inclined to refer you to post 440 but I think that would be dodging the issue.

I do not day trade as I lack the knowledge. I do spread bet on monthly futures and risk 3%-5% of the capital that I have allocated to this form of trading. I have ceased this form of trading until I think I know more about what I am doing as my success rate was variable. Hence my interest in acquiring price/volume knowledge.

Regards

bracke

dbphoenix said:
Then you'd benefit from sulong's thread. I look forward to your posts there.

Thank you.

I have seen it and it appears promising. I look forward to reading and posting.

Regards

bracke

PS Still working my way through Supply & Demand looking forward to reading the other files.

Hello DB:
You are certainly right that wide stops are not always the answer. I make the mistake of assuming that other traders had the same problems I did. Thats not always correct. In my own experience, that was one of the keys. Its been a few years, but I remember being stopped out time after time, very consistently I must say, for loses of 3-5 ticks. Then seeing the market move strongly in my favor. Apparently, I had a talent for picking an entry, but did not have the experience to withstand much of a drawdown. Although I adjust for changes in vol periodically, for my style, 2.5 pts has worked time after time (on the ES market). Its what I am willing to lose on any trade. Regards, Southpaw46

Just to get the ball rolling, the following is a chart I posted elsewhere on April 14:

The sort of "indicator" the Trading By Price crowd watches:

Attachments

• NLs.gif
    NLs.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
And the follow-up, posted on May 1, a lower low in price, but fewer new lows . . .

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Confirmed by the AVDVd (the difference between volume of advancers and volume of decliners):

Attachments

• AVDVd.gif
    AVDVd.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Attachments

For some reason your attachments are not accessible Db. There is only an x in a box where the attachment should be.

erie

erierambler said:
For some reason your attachments are not accessible Db. There is only an x in a box where the attachment should be.

erie

I don't even see an X
:confused:

Perhaps the attachment gestapo is on the move? Or someone forgot to turn on a switch?

If you're talking about DBs last 3 posts the charts are there with me so not sure what the problem can be :confused: Perhaps DB would be good enough to re-post as thumbnails which ought to sort it out for everyone.

jon

Interesting jon,

When I try to look at the page I get X 's.
When I open the source and then look at the images directly
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=13572
being the last one.

I get a message that "Kiwi, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

Perhaps you and db have permission and the rest of us don't??

The following article (for May 9) will be of interest to those who are following this:

http://www.pristine.com/weeklychart/

As you may know, I'm not a fan of the McClellan or the TRIN; I'd rather just follow the advancers and decliners and the volume of each. Interestingly, the "turning points" referred to are pretty much those which I referred to in my chart postings (but then Pristine is largely a "trading by price" website).

Last edited:
dbphoenix said:
The following article (for May 9) will be of interest to those who are following this:

As you may know, I'm not a fan of the McClellan or the TRIN; I'd rather just follow the advancers and decliners and the volume of each. Interestingly, the "turning points" referred to are pretty much those which I referred to in my chart postings (but then Pristine is largely a "trading by price" website).

On Stockcharts I also keep an eye on High/ Low Ratio ( $NYHLR) . Can anyone point me in the direction of where one can find a chart on the Fed Rate? Or is there a symbol for it?

erie

An update, just for the hell of it.

That little retracement made for a nice continuation entry if one is pyramiding the position. The stop on the first entry can be moved up behind the swing point which is also breakeven. Or not. Whatever.

A break of the TL defines trend change.

Exceeding the last swing high defines trend reversal.

But R awaits at 37. What will they do? And what will we do when they do it?

We return you now to your regularly-scheduled program . . .

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 569
So price sails thru with no difficulty and approaches the next level of R at the top of this R zone from 37 to 38. By now, though, the indicator people will have noted that the MACD lines have both crossed 0, the DMI has crossed, the ADX has ticked up, and the MAs are about to cross (probably today). This will cause excitement in certain quarters (there are, of course, many other indicators to look at if one so desires). This excitement may either propel price out of this R zone or provide an excellent opportunity for trapping novices into a false BO. Or the R may simply reject price and prompt a retracement or even a reversal. Those who must decide in advance what's going to happen may find "being available" to be a difficult task.

i have been trading for few months & i have been using T A with indicators till i came across this thread yesterday & i did read some of them.i have a question i get my data & charttings from Q charts ,Their volume indicator is volume at price on vertical axies & to me is not very obvious .can anybody explain to me this & do i need to get my volume data & analysis from another data provider. i get the basic data & chartting for $95 i don't think is cheap.thank you

haleh,
I think if you go back through the thread and looked at the S/R stuff with attention on how those areas manifest themselves visually, you'll likely be able to answer your own question.
As far as volume based indicators, perhaps another thread that focus'es on indacators would be more helpful to you.