Price, (Volume), Support, Resistance, Demand, Supply . . .

It is real simple for me....

"Price is Horsepower and Volume is Torque"

That is as simple as I have been able to define the Price/Volume relationship for me and the style of trading I conduct with Cumulative Delta Volume. I want to know the Torque behind movements of price while price trades into zones of resting supply......as I track the buying or selling conviction within the order flow then I can have an advantage for trade entry determinations.

I just use.
momentum,price oscillator,swing index, if all 3 go above 0 then its a buy signal

To confirm buy use dynamic zone RSI, a positive macd, and most imporant stochastic down at about the 20%

happy trading

Emini S&P daily and 15 minute charts

20120228c.png

Attachments

• 20120228b.png
    20120228b.png
    252 KB · Views: 298
Gaucho and Nelson and DonStar,

Thank you so much for the compliments! I'm truly humbled.

I'm new to these boards, but I'm more than happy to start a thread and post charts. Any suggestions on charts, time frames, etc you'd like to see?

Thanks again!
Gary

Gaucho and Nelson and DonStar,

Thank you so much for the compliments! I'm truly humbled.

I'm new to these boards, but I'm more than happy to start a thread and post charts. Any suggestions on charts, time frames, etc you'd like to see?

Thanks again!
Gary

If and when you start a thread I can move your first post across to it if you want.

This should be placed as a sticky for new traders or those needing a refresher in trading(y)
Hi neil,
The 3rd link provided under 'T2W Threads' in post #3 of the Essentials of TA Sticky is to the abridged version of this thread which is near enough identical to the pdf.
Tim.

Hi to all,

I am a new member to this site. This is my first post on a trading forum, so I hope those who understand supply demand zones (style) can help me with a some clarification on several issues. Before I ask, I can say I have seen Sam Seidens articles/webinars, seen other brief articles etc (including pure financial academy). **I will use example of demand zones***
Thanks to all in advance.

1. When a demand zone is found whether it be RBD/RBR/DBR/DBD, I understand that instutions may have deemed it a good price and place orders, however why do proponents of S/D Zones say the longer the fall from a zone the better? Does the price fall because everyone else who was looking to buy is now displaced and therefore has to chase the market higher to get their ordr filled?

2. I have heard some mention when price moves away, it is drawn back to the demand zone like a magnent. How does this work (If their orders are waiting to be filled upon a retest) Do Institutions and market makers somehow try and get the price lower so their orders can be filled?(after a distance travelled from the demand zone in the first place)

3. Many sites and articles advise its market makers and institutions that direct price (ie: create and sustain trends after accum or dist) . Is this done by enticing the crowd to jump in and chase the market (such as a trend) after they have gone through accum or dist, and can the end of a pullback in a uptrend be seen as a demand level (where institutions push another impulse move of trend) than the masses than jump in .

4. can S/D zones act as swap levels like S/R

5. Does a demand zone become invalidated if on the first retest it pushes through (false break) the bottom of the zone (like a spring or downthrust) than moves back in the anticipated direction. does it now mean all the pending orders have now been filled?

and finally.......................

6. Regarding fresh or orginal zones, I have heard that some people scroll way back even years (if daily/weekly chart) to see if a level is fresh/orginal. Which leads me to ask do institutions wait that long for orders to be filled? and If not shouldnt we be able to treat it like a new demand zone.

Sorry for the length of this post and number of questions. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Or any links to articles, books etc that are specific to the issues I raised !!! Thanks Yall!! :)

Hey thanks for the reply.

Forex (spot)

Cheers,

C

Don't thank me yet.

If you're interested in forex, you needn't concern yourself with accumulation and distribution as there isn't any: there's no float. And you needn't concern yourself with what market makers and institutions are doing: you need only concern yourself with what price is doing.

Which leaves the demand/supply, support/resistance thing which, if you've ever bought or sold anything, you already know. Therefore, apply what you know to the chart and keep your wallet in your pocket: no courses, no DVDs, no software, no indicators. Anyone who is trying to make this more complicated than it is in order to sell you something should be viewed with skepticism.

I'd suggest reading this thread, but a thousand posts is a bit much. Maybe the pdf I uploaded a few posts back. And it's free.

Db