Price of Gold Looking Weak

Completely disagree. I think while we're gonna see a bit of volatility while the markets are short-term bearish, the long term picture on gold is now bullish and the downturn we saw in the last few months is now over. Gold production is down and there are no new sources of gold on the horizon. And if the bears have their day and this turns out to be a bear market up till xmas (which I doubt very much) money will start flooding into the old stables - such as gold.

Thanks for your insight. Gold has been pretty stable as far as volatility goes over the past few months. I think there will be much more volatility soon. The Gold Bugs believe the volatile movement will be to the upside, I believe it will be to the downside.

Let's wait and see, shall we?

Oh, I can't wait for the price to start cracking! I can just smell it! Please, call me crazy now, so you can tell me how your foot tastes later...

Weclome Back Guga

Oh, I can't wait for the price to start cracking! I can just smell it! Please, call me crazy now, so you can tell me how your foot tastes later...

Guga, you can't kill Gold ..... look how long you've been trying ......... and it's still here well above Oct lows...... :LOL: :LOL: NEM seems to be forming a higher bottom above the 50ma oh my ......

Hope you're well
h

Ps. like the homepage ...... may just set up on of my own......one day

Last edited:
your money would have made as much risk free on deposit as it as done holding gold of late.
There's a decent possibility that US equities carry on correcting....dollar strengthens and gold should be short for the time being.

Gold?

Would expect gold to show a short rise the beginning of August , although the end result i would expect would be a downward slope of price end of August.
Regs

Guga, you can't kill Gold ..... look how long you've been trying ......... and it's still here well above Oct lows...... :LOL: :LOL: NEM seems to be forming a higher bottom above the 50ma oh my ......

Hope you're well
h

Hey Hook!

I've been dormant for a while and avoided gold (trading non-gold related US stocks). I'm worried that when people think something can't be cracked, it cracks....

Good Luck to Ya

Hey Hook!

I've been dormant for a while and avoided gold (trading non-gold related US stocks). I'm worried that when people think something can't be cracked, it cracks....

Good Luck to Ya

Obviously every cycle turns in the end.... but you've been so anti-gold.. I had to comment. Only harmless fun... I'm sure when Gold does fold you'll be on talking us through it ...hopefully by then I'll be short... regards h :)

Gold is as bearish as the dollar is bulish.
Suprise was that Gold was sold on the stock market sell-off when the macro risk reduction machine went into action.
Reality is gold remains a scale down buy. It is one of the best hedges against fiat currency fluctuations. IMO gold remains a great product to have as part of a portfolio. I am very rarely short and have a good return as a result. I will be the guy you are selling to on the dip you can be sure of it.

Gold is as bearish as the dollar is bulish.
Suprise was that Gold was sold on the stock market sell-off when the macro risk reduction machine went into action.
Reality is gold remains a scale down buy. It is one of the best hedges against fiat currency fluctuations. IMO gold remains a great product to have as part of a portfolio. I am very rarely short and have a good return as a result. I will be the guy you are selling to on the dip you can be sure of it.

Well, I'll be the guy they are selling to on the dip as I cover my shares. NEM earnings should be interesting tomorrow.

Hope you're well
h

Correct HS, he lost the last arguement when the monthly chart eventually broke out to the upside after its $500 - $700 range. He has yet to concede this.

Await the flagrant and overt flogging of tech stocks on down days (Which he happens to have some tips and a webste for..).

US uncertainty and dollar weakness hardly bad news for Gold and charts look fine though not specifically interesting. But us chartists are Loons remember.

GugaPlex threads are very much short term Yah Boo threads. I'll not look to contribute beyond this warning to others and to have them refer to the previous one originated by same.

Correct HS, he lost the last arguement when the monthly chart eventually broke out to the upside after its $500 - $700 range. He has yet to concede this.

Await the flagrant and overt flogging of tech stocks on down days (Which he happens to have some tips and a webste for..).

US uncertainty and dollar weakness hardly bad news for Gold and charts look fine though not specifically interesting. But us chartists are Loons remember.

GugaPlex threads are very much short term Yah Boo threads. I'll not look to contribute beyond this warning to others and to have them refer to the previous one originated by same.

Gold is up a whopping 4% in one year versus 15% for the S&P500. Hardly an impressive move...

Gold is up a whopping 4% in one year versus 15% for the S&P500. Hardly an impressive move...

Your precious dollar is down 13% so far in one year for us Brits against the £.....so we'd be better off putting our money on deposit than investing in your overpriced S&P for a 2% return....And the way the US market is falling quicker than that toilet paper called a greenback,by this time next week even that 2% may be history.....:LOL:

That's being very creative with the stats... :devilish:

If you take the price of gold from 13 months ago from it's low of $553 on my charts it's up 21%.

If you take the price of gold from the start of 2007 it's up 10%.

If you take the price of gold from highs of May 2006 (15 months ago) it's down -4.5%.

It's all about timing and cycles but one thing that is undeniable is the absolute value of gold, it's limited supply and it's trend.

It broke to the upside of the long continuation pattern under discussion in your previous thread. Enjoy Confirming chart from that period. Enjoy Cape skyline with that Chart.

Further while it has not yet set new highs it is more buoyant than staagnant. Renewed USD woes will see further store of value/Inflation hedge strength.

Point on 'climbing' S&P in global terms already made correctly byothers.

Currently still short S&P despite bounce of last few days short since 1550, lower bottoms increased Vols, possible further falls, lets see at end Friday how many jobbers want to hold Us Equity over w/e.

Chart keeps failing upload sorry sports fans.

It broke to the upside of the long continuation pattern under discussion in your previous thread. Enjoy Confirming chart from that period. Enjoy Cape skyline with that Chart.

Further while it has not yet set new highs it is more buoyant than staagnant. Renewed USD woes will see further store of value/Inflation hedge strength.

Currently still short S&P despite bounce of last few days short since 1550, lower bottoms increased Vols, possible further falls, lets see at end Friday how many jobbers want to hold Us Equity over w/e.

With the down turn in economic activity looming over the horizon, Gold is looking awfuly bearish to me.

I have it testing 640 - 630 - 600 in the next few months. 580 will hold imo.

My previous thread started when gold was over $700/oz, then it plummeted to the low/mid $500's per ounce. I recently covered my short in NEM for a small gain because I wanted to short SDS (at $57.25) instead. Also, when I started the last thread over a year ago, the S&P500 has gained over 15% since, while all the European investors were extremely bullish on gold and bearish on stocks (especially U.S. equities). Go figure...

My previous thread started when gold was over $700/oz, then it plummeted to the low/mid $500's per ounce. I recently covered my short in NEM for a small gain because I wanted to short SDS (at $57.25) instead. Also, when I started the last thread over a year ago, the S&P500 has gained over 15% since, while all the European investors were extremely bullish on gold and bearish on stocks (especially U.S. equities). Go figure...

The markets can turn on the drop of coin mate. I also find your selective stats to be quite something else. So what's with the go figure? Figure what? If you could spell it that'll be great. :cheesy:

So what is your prediction for next week, month or year? For the S&P and Gold...:rolleyes:

Well done if you made a packet, but if you can be a little more open and specific about your points these blogs will hold you to account.