Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
usdjpy

These are the zones where there was an obvious near term imbalances of supply/demand or demand/supply on the usdjpy daily chart and the fib of the 86.94-101.40 move up. The highest peak coincides with those previous monthly swing lo=previous support=potential sbr zones from Jan 2005 and Dec 1998 as well as 2 x fibs; 38.2% of 124.06-86.94 and 23.6% 147.83-86.94, all of which are shown in 2nd pic which is the monthly chart.

G/L [or G/S for that matter]

Attachments

• Dly.gif
    Dly.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Mthly.gif
    Mthly.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
It's because someone just contacted me privately and said "wtf is this, this is terrible news for the pound and we're going up" (no it wasn't Aaron).

Not to mention we were at a good s/r pivot when the bounce occured (a good profit taking zone) I would never trade the news - not to mention the fact that this wasn't even news it was a rumour. But even if it was news - the market goes where it wants to go and the technicals will tell you everything. I sincerely believe that.

The two most memorable market movements in my career to date have been:

- Hurricane Katrina destroying the Gulf of Mexico and really seriously threatening Oil supply - coinciding with the top of the market.

- The announcement that there were two days of supply of Wheat left in the entire world with the relaxtion of the limit up rule by the exchanges to allow buyers to buy all they wanted because there simply wasn't enough to go around - coinciding with the top of the market. (surprise!)

You will frequenctly come accross this kind of rumours. this is nothing but asshole bankers whi have missed a particular rally and scare the market out and get filled heavily on their orders... its quite commmon occurance in inbroker dealing platforms..

a very simple example was when coupls ofmonths ago posted here that somthing about soros being a decent seller.. thats clciked me and was was even more bullish on euro.. this people spread rumours and get filled on their positons ..when that soros chatter was going on euro was at around 1.33 and now ??

anyone take this gem of a call? up 15$ today

Great call. I was waiting today for a retrace to 962. Low and behold I got it - pity I was in the gym at the time!:LOL:
Got in at 970.9 with stop at the 1h 20MA at 968. Thinking about getting out if it falls below 974...

You out already?

Btw it wont let me rep you again!(n):cheesy:

im short s&p's to

no im looking for 1000+

Hey Genics.. I really respect your calls mate..
I was looking for a retracement to get in with the H&S, I saw your call but got affraid with the "momentum" and did`t pull the trigger.. :confused:

When did you short S&P? I`m asking because I cannot see any good signal besides 944 yesterday.. How do you trade? Are a swinger?

one more push up on thes&p and im out, the signal? 60% retracement of the highs..with a bit of divergence..

Usd jpy

potential trade.
usdjpy. broken out of triangle n formed hourly pin bar on retest.
good trade to take, although i was in at the breakout so not takin this.

Hi teojh

Working OK so far (probably due to TD's endorsement;)!). The following 1H candle was an Inside Bar and then its started to move up...

Watching with interest

best
Paul

yep looks not bad. (y)
n its likely the start of a new uptrend. cause i have been shorting it for many days and can really feel the change of the pulse. plus my shorts were either resulting in losses or getting out faster n faster.

USD JPY daily view

yep looks not bad. (y)
n its likely the start of a new uptrend. cause i have been shorting it for many days and can really feel the change of the pulse. plus my shorts were either resulting in losses or getting out faster n faster.

Hi

I see a 'problem area' where the rise may stall / retrace @ about 97.25 as my daily 50sma, weekly 50 sma are at that level along with the most recent high of 28th May and decending trendline from 7th April (also played 4th, 7th, 8th & 11th May)

See attached
G/L (as bbmac says!)
Paul

Attachments

• usd jpy daily 040609.gif
    usd jpy daily 040609.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.