Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
VDM got me yesterday at market open. I had stop at 4319 and the highest price went on the open was 4313, the spread is 2. I called them and I was told that immediately on open the spread widened to 8 and thats why I got taken out, the guy said bad luck !!

Yes, VDM's variable spreads do seem to give them another excuse for unexpected stopping out. Wonder if it ever works in the punter's favour, or is that a naive question? Having said that, T_D's 33p slippage must be some kind of record.

Thanks Tom - was just checking if I was understanding your method fully or not (probably not quite...).

..still learning...

Mike, I bet you have learnt more than you think. This thread is great for learning about market structure. Have you started trading again yet? There are a lot of key levels out there at the moment. I have taken a cad/jpy h pin today.
I think this business must have a proliferation of insomniacs, Good night.
Kind Regards
Jason

guys some money making oportunities comin on eur./usd .. daily doji candle ... market can agressively breakout on either side ahead of ecb. watch for their statement ..

seccondly i amexpecting somegood non farms tommorow andmarket may position trade 1-2 hours prior to nonfarms for good nonfarms after better employmnet index of nonmanufacturing ism and challengerjobs/adp aswell

Heads up on eurgbp.... that thing is getting lined up.
It might be time to pull its pants down.

I started my shorts a while ago so tread carefully.

what's the biggest trade in profit people have let run back to break even? mine was 70pts.

what's the biggest trade in profit people have let run back to break even? mine was 70pts.

I'd guess it's all in context.

If you've risked 20pts and let i go back 70 then that's a lot, probably should've taken some profit.

BUT

If you've risked 200pts then you're probably trading longer TF and so 70pts is not so bad.

Gbpusd

Cable channels then sells down from that 5150-59 1hr and 4hr previous swing hi=prev res=potential resistance zone cutting lower through the first previous swing hi=prev res=potential rbs after finding some interim support there (zone now acting as sbr,) after price found support at the 50% fib of the 4988-5152 rise.

Boe/Mpc rate later, n/c expected with possible clues on the quanitative easing policy.

G/L

4fztz4.gif

Usdchf

Now I have never traded this particular setup - but on USDCHF hourly if you put the last 2 bars together it'll make a lovely pin reaching up to around 1.400ish. Might be a nice entry into the possible pin on the 4hr if it develops. Although it's not looking quite so pretty now as I type this, but could be one to watch perhaps.

Be interested to hear if anyone ever takes these?

Status
Not open for further replies.