Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mate..

Just for the record.. I`m short at GBP/USD and GBP/JPY... I`m playing the 4HR inside bar.. The set-up hasnt trigger yet, so its a very risk trade.. I`m trying to antecipate the move..

If it breaks up its because we still some more to go and I`ll be shorting at the levels which I said before..

Last edited:
No potential setup...just an update on my Gold trade for anyone interested.

Two different entries/setups.

Circled areas were entries. Arrows were exits.

As you can see, I missed the first major spike up (having exited not long before it happened).

I caught the second one...

166 ticks in 2 days :)

You will also see that there was a pin just before the first big spike upwards. I missed this by pure chance. I would have taken it, had I seen it and it would have been a loss of 27 ticks + spread.

I'm interested mate, nice trade.

Intrigued to know what inspired the exit on the second big spike. I ask because I am often uncertain of where to put the stop if you get a big candle like that on longer term trade - or did you just lock it all in after the spike and accept that you would get stopped if it went against you?
Cheers
Chris

Thanks Mate..

Just for the record.. I`m short at GBP/USD and GBP/JPY... I`m playing the 4HR inside bar.. The set-up hasnt trigger yet, so its a very risk trade.. I`m trying to antecipate the move..

If it breaks up its because we still some more to go and I`ll be shorting at the levels which I said before..

FWIW I am watching for short entries on both, but I reckon GBPJPY could still have more on the upside yet. Overall it still looks pretty bullish on the daily.....but I have been wrong before! I'll joining you in the IB on cable.

Last edited:
4hr Shooting Star on Dow Jones (Jun Fut contract) - off 8380 minor daily level with 61% Fib confluence from last weekly swing high to low. The 61% weekly fib level could be key IMO. Risky as it's into a strong up trend and into the level at 8240 so may not fit some people's RR ratio.

See arrow. I'm thinking a daily S Star would tempt me into this but not a 4hr - plus the RR ratio is out for me.
PPS - Flick to a line chart and see how strongly that 8380 level acted as support before giving. Could be a big level.

Attachments

• dow.gif
    dow.gif
    36.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
No potential setup...just an update on my Gold trade for anyone interested.

Two different entries/setups.

Circled areas were entries. Arrows were exits.

As you can see, I missed the first major spike up (having exited not long before it happened).

I caught the second one...

166 ticks in 2 days :)

You will also see that there was a pin just before the first big spike upwards. I missed this by pure chance. I would have taken it, had I seen it and it would have been a loss of 27 ticks + spread.

i know all about it tom...i did take it and watched in horror as it spiked up was totally pissed off :sneaky:

Could you draw in your stop levels on the chart from the prev pivots for reference tom?

thanks pat

4hr Shooting Star on Dow Jones (Jun Fut contract) - off 8380 minor daily level with 61% Fib confluence from last weekly swing high to low. The 61% weekly fib level could be key IMO. Risky as it's into a strong up trend and into the level at 8240 so may not fit some people's RR ratio.

See arrow. I'm thinking a daily S Star would tempt me into this but not a 4hr - plus the RR ratio is out for me.
PPS - Flick to a line chart and see how strongly that 8380 level acted as support before giving. Could be a big level.

sorry but thats not a shooting star mate

Hey guys, first post on here, but wanted to say we have a inside bar forming on eur/jyp on the daily , sitting on support 131.64 level. Looking to go long, anyone else got this?

Yeah, admit that too Genics - hence why I'm not trading it. It's more the level I suppose that I find interesting - although I'm open to your musings oh index master! :smart:

umm i think one last push up to new highs (but not by much) maybe early on in tomorrows session, then time for a pull back for a few days

vinicius, i would have to disagree, as the market is finding support at a previous resistance level, note the two massive shooting stars at this level.

would love to, but im sorry i do not know how to! please show me if you know, and ill be happy to show you the set up.

Eur/Jpy Daily

Do you mind to post a chart..? I can`t see it..

Thanks

Chart posted...I would tend to agree with Vini...bearish IB at swing high and 61,8 fib confleunce from swing high (6th April) to swing low (28th April)...I don't tend to trade IB's due to their high fake out rate but also this setup has also too much support till clear break down or close below 131.0...if that happens then clear down to the 129ish level...so no clear direction yet imho!:|

Attachments

• eur-jpy.gif
    eur-jpy.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 176
Chart posted...I would tend to agree with Vini...bearish IB at swing high and 61,8 fib confleunce from swing high (6th April) to swing low (28th April)...I don't tend to trade IB's due to thir high fake out rate but also this setup has also too much support till clear break down or close below 131.0...so no clear direction yet imho!:|

Ok cant argue with two to one. it is certaintly a indecisive set up. WIll watch.

We have a bearish pin on gold daily for anybody interested.

TD, would you have taken that trade before the candle following the pin completed?
Thanks,

I'm short USD/JPY, want to get out and now VDM have put everything on phone and you can't amend stops or put in new orders. Great...

oh why would u wan to get out. im short too and somewhat curious.
looks like forming H&S too.

Status
Not open for further replies.