Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 4hr charts it looks like a head and shoulders pattern has formed on that Aud/Usd daily pin, maybe best to enter after a bit of retracement upwards now?

Goose, I'm with you on GBPJPY - hitting Res at 148, where do you reckon thats going from here? My stops are way down because of that fricking huge bar earlier, as it's such a big win and it's Friday, I'm tempted to exit here and put it in the trophy cabinet, but it's still printing higher highs and higher lows so could it be the mother of trades?

Guys what do you reckon?

I've just broke my tractor so I can't even cut the grass to stop looking at it.

I'm as bored as Phils dog

Congrats on the star btw

Fancy a game of I-spy anyone?

I`m short at 148.10, but my target is 146 where I think the buyers is gonna show up again, if 146 does not hold we will see 145/144.50...

How did you break you tractor? lol

God, £2pp sold cable 03, rejected, 00 filled. WTF is the difference in 3 PIPS and only £2pp ffs.

Nice one, gaylord.
Your post made me check cable (dont really do much fx), and it looked like an obvious short scalp to me too :). Got in a bit after you tho.
Took 36 pips.

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 147
I`m short at 148.10, but my target is 146 where I think the buyers is gonna show up again, if 146 does not hold we will see 145/144.50...

How did you break you tractor? lol

It's a f***in countax, seems to me it breaks everytime I take it near grass...this time its a gearbox, just been told it'll be a grand to fix- best I stay in this now to see if I can win me a new gearbox too.....

Goose, I'm with you on GBPJPY - hitting Res at 148, where do you reckon thats going from here? My stops are way down because of that fricking huge bar earlier, as it's such a big win and it's Friday, I'm tempted to exit here and put it in the trophy cabinet, but it's still printing higher highs and higher lows so could it be the mother of trades?

Guys what do you reckon?

I've just broke my tractor so I can't even cut the grass to stop looking at it.

I'm as bored as Phils dog

Congrats on the star btw

Fancy a game of I-spy anyone?

I know what you mean about the huge bar. I think I'm going to go 146.40 - below the big bar and below the high of a couple of candles. I'm not going to enter any more trades as it's a long weekend and want Monday off for a change.

Goose, f*ck Dow 9000, we're all gonna die of Swine Flu. I heard from a close source in the health department that next week the Govt are leafletting certain heavily populated areas informing people of "how to sneeze to avoid spreading the disease". When people read that they are going to sh*t themselves and panic. As fear spreads rapidly those stocks are going to royally do their cheeks. Not that it makes any difference as having money won't help you a bit when society denigrates into a lawlessness that we have never seen the likes of before.

Get your family safe and get to high ground.

LIPX.L - check out the graph

Well done ... you still in?

Don't have any Panda pictures only beavers..... sorry guys

Hi traderdays,

Thank you, sorry for not posting a reply sooner, I have not had much screen time in the last couple of days, so when I have, I have been monitoring the candles on this trade.

Each time I thought about closing it, the candles looked bullish to me.

So I am still in it.

Originally I was going close 50% as soon as the candles looked bearish after 3:1 win ratio. But it never did so I am still in it.

Not sure what to do now, I have such a lead I wonder if it could be turned into a swing / positional play?

How about you?

Goose, we are all short FTSE because it's going to sh*t itself.

The Dow has found out FireWalker is long .

And Aussie Dollar is about to drop one too.

It's free money Friday.

Post your thanks to me here later tonight.

:)

I know what you mean about the huge bar. I think I'm going to go 146.40 - below the big bar and below the high of a couple of candles. I'm not going to enter any more trades as it's a long weekend and want Monday off for a change.

Mine was at 146.50 but I can see where you are coming from on that, so I moved down a tad. I'm also long USDJPY since tuesday too, got a recent big candle there too, same thing.

Goose, we are all short FTSE because it's going to sh*t itself now with the Dow.

And Aussie Dollar is about to drop one too.

It's free money Friday.

Post your thanks to me here later tonight.

I'll be in the pub.

I don't really have a strong view on the FTSE, was just winding you up. But don't think we are going below 4k

What was wrong with my gold comment Elite Jets? can hardly talk about pin bars when a journo asks your opinion on Gold. Then TD says it's going to dump yet he's long!! I'm sticking with the 865 view!

I'm not long that stock either but a client here is, how's that for a shrewd play while everyone else was just buying Glaxo?

GBP/AUD Daily TF (see chart)

This is only one of several promising daily setups that include:

Aud/Usd
Dow/S&P/FTSE
Gbp/Usd

And my personal favourite: Natural Gas

Update to my post above.

None of the top three calls triggered.

But Natural Gas did and is so far up 144 ticks.

Attachments

• ng.gif
    ng.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 192
Just read The Goose's post, it seems to be in a bit of a channel on the daily at the moment, does anyone think it may reach the top of this?

As my first trade, if I close this down and then never trade again, can I claim I was a superb trader with a massive RR ratio? (I entered with a 30 pip stop, using multiple time frames all on the up) a bit cheeky but I did not have the funds to cover the whole pin.
Kind Regards
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.