Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
VDM Systems

If anyone is using VDM be careful, I'm getting slipped above and beyond the norm for weeks now and just experienced having a stop order DISAPPEAR so that you have no stop in when you think you do.

Perhaps this is why they are ofering their cash match offer again!

Webinvester

They are trying to sort it out with their IT dept at the moment but having a stop disappear is not good. I'm not sure if its anything to do with the fact that I'm running the account up quite substantially (I am quite wary as Finspreads pulled exactly the same stunt twice after a very good run).

If I had been away from my PC I could really have done my cheeks.

Just got slipped another tick getting into Gold. I know slippage is normal in markets but what really tickled me is getting slipped in the Bund which I've never even been slipped in in the direct market doing exactly 18 X the size.

They are trying to sort it out with their IT dept at the moment but having a stop disappear is not good. I'm not sure if its anything to do with the fact that I'm running the account up quite substantially (I am quite wary as Finspreads pulled exactly the same stunt twice after a very good run).

Just got slipped another tick getting into Gold. I know slippage is normal in markets but what really tickled me is getting slipped in the Bund which I've never even been slipped in in the direct market doing exactly 18 X the size.

I'm sure the stop disappearing is just an IT problem and nothing against you. As a new compnay i'm willing to give them a little bit of slack and coincidentally, was just about to open an account.

BUT
getting slipped on Gold is a no no unless you are a fill on fill client (i.e way above market size)
That is bullsh1t.

On happier news, that GBP/JPY is the first pin I have ever traded on FX, up 700 ticks. Might use this system more often. Have only been subscribed to this thread from day one!!!

care to share your gold trade dante?

Attachments

• gold.gif
    gold.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 236
Jesus, a star under my name, that's all I've ever wanted!!
Does anyone know how i get rid of the 'Dunstable' though? I don't want to be associated with that hellhole.

Yes, I am long at 884.5. Stop at 880.2

I wrote at a piece for city AM this weekend stating how easy it was to play gold - buy on dips!!
I honestly can't wait until Gold collapses

Anyway, was just reading the Making Money Thread - I don't know why, perhaps because of my GBP/JPY trade, perhaps because i am p1ss bored. Anyhow to quote a certain TD:

"When the market is trending the 50ema slopes up. You will then find that the price often retraces to the zone of the 10 and the 21 before continuing onwards"

Now look at the DOW chart - bounced right off the lower EMA's. So you bullish now Dante??? told you - 9000 here we come!!

Attachments

• dow-EMA's.jpg
    dow-EMA's.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 161
I wrote at a piece for city AM this weekend stating how easy it was to play gold - buy on dips!!
I honestly can't wait until Gold collapses

Anyway, was just reading the Making Money Thread - I don't know why, perhaps because of my GBP/JPY trade, perhaps because i am p1ss bored. Anyhow to quote a certain TD:

"When the market is trending the 50ema slopes up. You will then find that the price often retraces to the zone of the 10 and the 21 before continuing onwards"

Now look at the DOW chart - bounced right off the lower EMA's. So you bullish now Dante??? told you - 9000 here we come!!

I do keep meaning to read my own thread.

It was actually last weekend, need to go see if it was published.

I'll believe you when I see it below 865, twice last month was bought back to above 900 in a matter of days.

I'm on dealer pending order now for VDMGM, gay. God they didn't even fill me twice for 20p a point, one offside one onside.

Goose, f*ck Dow 9000, we're all gonna die of Swine Flu. I heard from a close source in the health department that next week the Govt are leafletting certain heavily populated areas informing people of "how to sneeze to avoid spreading the disease". When people read that they are going to sh*t themselves and panic. As fear spreads rapidly those stocks are going to royally do their cheeks. Not that it makes any difference as having money won't help you a bit when society denigrates into a lawlessness that we have never seen the likes of before.

Get your family safe and get to high ground.

Goose, f*ck Dow 9000, we're all gonna die of Swine Flu. I heard from a close source in the health department that next week the Govt are leafletting certain heavily populated areas informing people of "how to sneeze to avoid spreading the disease". When people read that they are going to sh*t themselves and panic. As fear spreads rapidly those stocks are going to royally do their cheeks. Not that it makes any difference as having money won't help you a bit when society denigrates into a lawlessness that we have never seen the likes of before.

Get your family safe and get to high ground.

I'll get on a plane to Mexico, they'll all be dead by then.

why are you all short the FTSE??? it's going up

Attachments

• FTSE.jpg
    FTSE.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 131
They just got back to me and told me they are doing software upgrades and will refund the difference from when my stop should have been hit and I actually closed out.

One brownie point for customer service.

Not sure where your stop was originally elite, but the follow through move to the upside in USD/CHF (as you anticipated on here) is why you NEVER move to breakeven.

Yeah great level, ballsy trade, totally screwed up by my head.
Back in and trying to be sensible now.

Status
Not open for further replies.