Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
a much better short is the eurusd (rather than cable)

Why is that? I have a 3hr pin on my chart which is hitting close to fib level and pivot area.

Doesn't the pin make it more likely that price will bounce. (Then again around March 27th there was a similar pin and price still broke through support)

just wondering why you think price will fall?

Cheers.

eurusd.JPG

Last edited:
Am I the only person who says one thing on here then trades the opposite and loses money?

It's not uncommon.

It is the subject of all those trading books that deal with the trader psychology.

It illustrates the deep power of human emotion - being primarily for trading: fear and greed.

Instead of resorting to our analytical objective self we let the emotional one cloud our judgement.

We even fool ourselves by wrapping the emotional side in the sheep's clothing of logic. We are often aware of it at the time, but still allow ourselves to argue that black is white, because we want it to be so.

Charlton

Happens to me. It's a phenom that seems to apply everywhere else. How did you end up with your current spouse for example? ;)

Cable & EURUSD

a much better short is the eurusd (rather than cable)

Why is that? I have a 3hr pin on my chart which is hitting close to fib level and pivot area.

Doesn't the pin make it more likely that price will bounce. (Then again around March 27th there was a similar pin and price still broke through support)

just wondering why you think price will fall?

Cheers.

I think EURUSD is more likely to fall than cable (on hourly chart) because ...

EURUSD has made lower highs and lower lows which point to a downtrend that has not been broken yet... it has broken a lower trendline in place since 5 March and price is below yesterdays lows and finding resistance from that level ...

Whereas Cable has made new highs for the day and has broken up through yesterdays low and just ... more bullish.

Just my view (and Im often wrong)
Nicola

Last edited:

EURUSD has made lower highs and lower lows which point to a downtrend that has not been broken yet...
Price is below yesterdays lows and finding resistance from that level ...

Whereas Cable has just made new highs for the day and has broken up through yesterdays low and just ... more bullish.

Nicola

cable looks like a daily pin forming still long from 11am pin on 50% pos (i think caple is on the way higher 16600-16800 is not out of the question)

But i may also be wrong and have been alot lol

euro has broken the trend line from the 4th of march off the large h&s so bearish bias for me

cable looks like a daily pin forming still long from 11am pin on 50% pos (i think caple is on the way higher 16600-16800 is not out of the question)

But i may also be wrong and have been alot lol

euro has broken the trend line from the 4th of march off the large h&s so bearish bias for me

I agree with you Pat. Im probably going to take GBPJPY rather than cable because we are coming into the asian session but I am looking for a long entry.

i was very bullish cable recently. how ever if we see a good nose dive in the stock market (which i am short) people will be running for the hills. i.e dollar and yen

I agree with you Pat. Im probably going to take GBPJPY rather than cable because we are coming into the asian session but I am looking for a long entry.

good luck nic got everything crossed for ya:cheesy:

:clover:

EURUSD has made lower highs and lower lows which point to a downtrend that has not been broken yet... it has broken a lower trendline in place since 5 March and price is below yesterdays lows and finding resistance from that level ...

Whereas Cable has made new highs for the day and has broken up through yesterdays low and just ... more bullish.

Nicola

FWIW, I'm inclined to agree, but is the downward move perhaps slowing? Maybe only to 1.325 or maybe 1.320? Then resume the upward trend?
Or, just go straight up, perhaps to around 1.3333?
(However, I'm not trading it, either way).

Attachments

• EUR-USD-TUES1.jpg
    EUR-USD-TUES1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 142
i've decided im drunk enough to tell aaron****** to get the **** out of this place since you have no idea what a decent level is and even when you do a prostitute is more likely to take it,]]

r**** n6youdavwe

Nicola

Got short on this pair at 1.3501 still got 50% in,and we will see where it ends up,but as long as equities are heading south I will hold,on another note your old avatar was much easier on the eyes,but if this is the real you just remember kill phil wants your babies :LOL:

Got short on this pair at 1.3501 still got 50% in,and we will see where it ends up,but as long as equities are heading south I will hold,on another note your old avatar was much easier on the eyes,but if this is the real you just remember kill phil wants your babies :LOL:

Im not in any sterling, price just ranged last night, and my order was not filled. I am short EURUSD though.
Nicola

PS I changed my avatar because of a thread about it ... the avatar was a bit of a joke when I started here but I'm very serious about my trading ...

It's not uncommon.

It is the subject of all those trading books that deal with the trader psychology.

It illustrates the deep power of human emotion - being primarily for trading: fear and greed.

Instead of resorting to our analytical objective self we let the emotional one cloud our judgement.

We even fool ourselves by wrapping the emotional side in the sheep's clothing of logic. We are often aware of it at the time, but still allow ourselves to argue that black is white, because we want it to be so.

Charlton

great post.

eurgbp high prob trade

already updated dante, nic , omni

just wait fir 1 hourly confirmation in form of pin ... or double bottom on hourly

61.8 % and daily trendline

Attachments

• eurgbp.gif
    eurgbp.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 180
also note traders long easter holiday coming up.. "big boys" away from the desk so get ready for the unexpected ... euro has already becomea victim of profit taking.. normally this kind of holidays are thin and dominated by directional traders.. " no fundamental crap".. only price action of smaller time frame .. same thing happened in december last year where i had a stress attack when eur/usd had a 400-500 tick turnoaround in a single day..

Status
Not open for further replies.