Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
cac and dax forming hourly bear flags .. just keep an eye boys

Attachments

• cac.gif
    cac.gif
    30.6 KB · Views: 129
Heads up: hourly triple bottom on Crude at the key $50 level.

If this gets broken then it should be good for at least 20 - 30 ticks on the initial break (scalp) and perhaps open us up for something larger.

I was short Crude from the hourly pin this morning (entry at $51.30)
Also, short Cable twice. First time from the hourly inside candle at 10pm last night (came out -2 from being +99 after this mornings rally. Sold it again at 1.4699.

Last edited:
Heads up: hourly triple bottom on Crude at the key $50 level.

If this gets broken then it should be good for at least 20 - 30 ticks on the initial break (scalp) and perhaps open us up for something larger.

I had my eye on this yesterday, it took off from the $50 handle rapido

Hi Montmorency, I think the 16/17000 area could be a first target, but its really a wait & see thing for the moment....... the BUOB may have a significant way to retrace, or resistance may win out.
Somehow though I think the ££ may be looking at a bit of a comeback in the mid term (no idea why on fundamentals but some charts, eg GU seem to show it seems out of whack and might be due a retrace)

Note: I'm on demo at the moment (for the first time ever!) i'm interested in how this will affect my trading/analysis. ....I never thought demo had any real purpose previously, (you know all that '''it all changes with real money on the table''' stuff & that is certainly true) but I've had real money on the table for a long time now, & it feels right to give demo a go now, so I can be free to let some situations develop while i'm relaxed and get accustomed to the way they work out. I might learn more about patience and discipline.for free.

Catching up with this. I see that upwards "energy" ran out on Monday, and people were recommending shorting opportunities. On my hourly today, it looks like it's in a downwards channel (or triangle?). Not actively trading, but might have "risked" some paper trades up and down the channel :) Longer term though, who knows...

Attachments

• GPB-JPY-Tues-1.jpg
    GPB-JPY-Tues-1.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 124
Uj

Afternoon guys, anyone see the UJ 4h pin off the 100 level as a worthy trade, I'm not sure whether to expect a deeper retest, almost seems too obvious to me.
GY looks pretty good too but 148 is the only real level I see, and that's the wrong side of the pin. Any advice for a rookie?

Attachments

• uj.gif
    uj.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 139
  • gj.gif
    gj.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 138
I had a short from the bottom of the pin on the daily GBPJPY early this morning, I reckoned it would only go to about 146 fortunately I came out as it bounced and it's now back around my original entry 14750ish. Looks like it could go again but there seems to be little conviction and the R:R isn't great

Afternoon guys, anyone see the UJ 4h pin off the 100 level as a worthy trade, I'm not sure whether to expect a deeper retest, almost seems too obvious to me.
GY looks pretty good too but 148 is the only real level I see, and that's the wrong side of the pin. Any advice for a rookie?

Catching up with this. I see that upwards "energy" ran out on Monday, and people were recommending shorting opportunities. On my hourly today, it looks like it's in a downwards channel (or triangle?). Not actively trading, but might have "risked" some paper trades up and down the channel :) Longer term though, who knows...

Hi Montmorency,
thats right,....the charts I posted were very long term (back to 93) so not so much for short terms trades but an indicator of where things may go when they do get moving, I don't look at these TFs usually, but in this case it could be at a critical long term level but will take some time to play out one way or the other, its one of those where the market can give us the nod over time....& the weekly bullish outside bar is still in play.

heads up..... weekly pin on eurchf
looks like a great entry where we are.
[now do you own research]

anyone think eur/gbp is looking good for a long now that america is online?

hourly hammer-esque higher low

half hourly doji fakeout turned bullish double bottom / adam-eve looking to close above 90000

Last edited:
Did you play this on the pin on the 50% fib pullback on the hourlies?

was more about res becoming support at 14610ish (sept 09) on the dailys and getting a low risk entry off the H1 but will manage trade on the H1 as in prev post its had a profit 106pips and its a free trade on my other half

Status
Not open for further replies.