Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy, but I'm long cad.

Attachments

• cad.gif
    cad.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
That's a good short, trader_dante? I had EURGBP still inside the upward trendline as posted in Aaron Malins thread, and a decent long from 9000. Time for me to re-check my lines :S (or my thinking)

Last edited:
I obviously need to be more crazy to survive in this game then??!!

Well i don't feel so crazy now I'm looking at the continuation hammer on H4, just looked like a great low risk opportunity when I entered.
Im looking to see what happens at 1.2350-70
And Ivey PMI, thanks SUPREMEgizmo

Last edited:
That's a good short, trader_dante? I had EURGBP still inside the upward trendline as posted in Aaron Malins thread, and a decent long from 9000. Time for me to re-check my lines :S (or my thinking)

Told you to wait til today didnt i lol ;-)

I think when things like G20 stimulus package announcement hit the headlines you're better off looking at a larger TF. Thats what I do anyway.

PA training

Hi TD

Just wanted to ask if you wd still recommend beginners do what J16 suggests and start on the longer TFs for a few months? Or is it worthwhile also looking at 1hr etc?

boys good shorting opportuities on jpy crosses .. eur/jpy, nzd/jpy protect your setups with reasonable stops
i will try to post some trades later if i can but hint : 30 min double top in place for nzd/jpy
and for eur/jpy 136.50 is attractive short..

boys good shorting opportuities on jpy crosses .. eur/jpy, nzd/jpy protect your setups with reasonable stops
i will try to post some trades later if i can but hint : 30 min double top in place for nzd/jpy
and for eur/jpy 136.50 is attractive short..

4hr pin GBPJPY

Attachments

• gj j nic.gif
    gj j nic.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Hi TD

Just wanted to ask if you wd still recommend beginners do what J16 suggests and start on the longer TFs for a few months? Or is it worthwhile also looking at 1hr etc?

Bertie, I would definetly recomend that you start off on the longer TFs. When you get down to it, the setups are much the same on hourly as they are on 4hr and daily and weekly but daily and weekly teach you some VERY important skills.

They teach you the art of patience. This is because the trades don't come round very often so you spend a lot of time waiting and watching and absorbing the market action. And then when you are in the trades, you really learn patience in holding because you can't even think about doing anything (moving a stop) until the end of the day - where you then have the advantage of TIME to consider your next move on the chesssboard of the global markets. This is vastly different to the hourly where there are many setups occuring and you often have seconds, minutes to analyse and take appropriate action in them.

End of the day, if you can't make money on the daily, you won't be able to make it on the hourly. That is what I believe based on my experience.

You short with me then? Hoping this one turns into a runner....
We will see ... the upward momentum is massive ... Im not expecting too much
But it is the 23.6 fib level from 07 highs and Jan 09 lows ...

Last edited:
glaringly obvious pins on 1hr ftse & cac off big levels............

.........too obvious for me but heads up.

glaringly obvious pins on 1hr ftse & cac off big levels............

.........too obvious for me but heads up.

Just went long FTSE - strong fib confluence at that level as well. Omni, how come 'too obvious'?
Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.