Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pb

A profitable daily pin bar in soybeans with confluence at 61 fibo targeting the 900 level.

Attachments

• beans.JPG
    beans.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 220
giz's sunday special

hello traders

thought of uploading one of my key interesting research articles i done during my masters

its about " CARRY OVER TRADE"

will be helpfull to all those to understand what exactly yen is all about.. :devilish:

first doc is about yen carry trade

second one about currency risk ..basics

Attachments

• carry over trade.doc
    337 KB · Views: 962
  • EMSamit.doc
    374 KB · Views: 406
Having finally reached the end, I did have a 'small' degree of disappointment which was due to the oft mentioned DOC/PDF not actually being available, unless I missed it (a lot of posts so not impossible).

I did come across a ZIP with some info in it posted by rags2riches (thanks for that), but was expecting something more. Maybe my misconception. However, that in itself wasn't the annoying part. What was annoying was that I had been compiling my own collection but then stopped when I thought that the job had already been done.:(

Does anyone have all the trader_dante posts from the "making money" thread(and particularly relevent replies) without all the extra posts?

Its a great thread and I'm trying to read the whole of it, but it would be great to not have to trawl though all the extra posts and in the process possibly skip something important by mistake.

Thanks.

hello traders

thought of uploading one of my key interesting research articles i done during my masters

its about " CARRY OVER TRADE"

will be helpfull to all those to understand what exactly yen is all about.. :devilish:

first doc is about yen carry trade

second one about currency risk ..basics

Good stuff Giz; excellent contribution.

[if you haven't read his attachments, do so]

Adding to the Yen-specifics, I would like to mention that a big force in the JPY is the Japanese Housewife punting on the yen between doing the dishes and picking the kids up from school (seriously) - aka "Mrs. Watanabe" - who are a big driving force behind the yen; given that, some think it is worthwhile looking at Ichimoku clouds and stuff because that is what Mrs. Watanabe will be looking at too...

Adding to the Yen-specifics, I would like to mention that a big force in the JPY is the Japanese Housewife punting on the yen between doing the dishes and picking the kids up from school (seriously) - aka "Mrs. Watanabe" - who are a big driving force behind the yen; given that, some think it is worthwhile looking at Ichimoku clouds and stuff because that is what Mrs. Watanabe will be looking at too...

Damn Mr G & Gizmo ... they won't let me rep you again ... but to add to what you said ...

TD Securities' global economist Stephen Koukoulas notes the daily average turnover of Japanese margined foreign exchange trading had reached $70bn by the September quarter 2008, representing 20% of all yen trading. Two years earlier that figure was only US$10bn.

Thats a lot of Mrs Watanabe's ... I love the Asian session.

on that subject this was in the weekend ft a couple of weeks back.

FT.com / UK - Shopping, Cooking, Cleaning... Playing The Yen Carry Trade

giz's sunday tip

so after reading my attachments it would make more sense for euro traders why euro rallies on good US data.. simple equations
good US data = equities rally = eur/jpy rally (cross buying ) = eur/usd rally
however what i did not mention in my article was more quantiative is usd/jpy has strong correlation with short term US interest rates

also for those who still dont understand how a cross currency buying/selling can affect a major currency .

so for example mrs watanabe thinks tommorow european equities as a good buy. she will call up her broker and say " right i have got 10 mill yen to buy different german stocks ", the broker would then convert 10 mill yen to dollar equivalent and then convert the dollars to euro in spot market as cross pairs are created by mixing two major liquid pairs
eur/jpy = eur/usd + usd/jpy so obviously the movement in either one of those will affect the other one
Hence euro traders should time to time keep an eye on eur/jpy for any potential big figure moves..

so after reading my attachments it would make more sense for euro traders why euro rallies on good US data.. simple equations
good US data = equities rally = eur/jpy rally (cross buying ) = eur/usd rally
however what i did not mention in my article was more quantiative is usd/jpy has strong correlation with short term US interest rates

also for those who still dont understand how a cross currency buying/selling can affect a major currency .

so for example mrs watanabe thinks tommorow european equities as a good buy. she will call up her broker and say " right i have got 10 mill yen to buy different german stocks ", the broker would then convert 10 mill yen to dollar equivalent and then convert the dollars to euro in spot market as cross pairs are created by mixing two major liquid pairs
eur/jpy = eur/usd + usd/jpy so obviously the movement in either one of those will affect the other one
Hence euro traders should time to time keep an eye on eur/jpy for any potential big figure moves..

I've repped you too much! Keep up the great reading SG.

euro massive potential H&S

hello people

sorry about being late ... had some frustrating stops trigerred today so was not in a good mood..:eek:
HUGE POTENTIAL HEAD AND SHOULDER ON DAILY EURO ... WITH RIGHT SHOOULDER FORMING NOW.
But looking at what euro is going thru right now i will take a step aside ahead of ECB and non farm payrolls to see fr any clues.. for now market may be expecting magic word "quantitaive easing" from ECB and that could lead to massive dollar buying because we might be entering into an era fo competetive quantitative easing where dollar and pound are ahead whilst euro will follow the suit... cant draw any conclusions but i usually think out of the box .:whistling

Attachments

• eurohs.gif
    eurohs.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 149
Eurgbp

traders do your own study ... got a potential eurgbp bear flag breakout ..

first target 92.50 and second 92.30

best of luck

Attachments

• eurgbp.gif
    eurgbp.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 184
euro update .. i see recovery attempts in euro thru smaller time charts 15min .. as of 12:44 gmt if i can read correctly i will see euro testing 1.3235

euro update .. i see recovery attempts in euro thru smaller time charts 15min .. as of 12:44 gmt if i can read correctly i will see euro testing 1.3235

eur/jpy (sept contract s/b) same i say long on 4h t/f con/trendline and res becoming support at 12594 ish

how do you see it giz??

eur/jpy (sept contract s/b) same i say long on 4h t/f con/trendline and res becoming support at 12594 ish

how do you see it giz??

YEAH LOOKS LIKE A GOOD ONE .. ONE MORE INTERSTING THIS ITS 38.2% OF WHOLE UP MOVE .. ALSO WILL BE WATCHING 55 ema ON DAILY CHART ..

BUT I AM POSITION TRADING EUR/JPY SHORT AT 133.50 ... DOUBLE TOP REJECTION

YEAH LOOKS LIKE A GOOD ONE .. ONE MORE INTERSTING THIS ITS 38.2% OF WHOLE UP MOVE .. ALSO WILL BE WATCHING 55 ema ON DAILY CHART ..

BUT I AM POSITION TRADING EUR/JPY SHORT AT 133.50 ... DOUBLE TOP REJECTION

target?? or are you out of that one giz?

euro 4h previous channel play

traders i will be signing off early today as i will side step ..

but will post some interesting formation .. euro traders remeber the previous 4hour channel of euro upmove? it coming in play at 1.3090 area along with 50% fib of big move
along with rising 4h 200 EMA as of now and a daily 55EMA which was broken in early march

55 daily ema was difficult to crack at first instance i personally think its going to be a test
but as i said before i am nervous about ECB and Non farm which are significant event risks and this is not how i play!

Attachments

• euro4h.gif
    euro4h.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.