Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I see! Good call.

I had you down as just an index trader...but now cable and crude? That's my kind of trader ;)

I'm expanding my arsenal... not quite as broad as you, because I want to get to know the market a bit before plunging in. But oil & USD were screaming at me, and a bit of diversification never hurts, right ;)

I'm expanding my arsenal... not quite as broad as you, because I want to get to know the market a bit before plunging in. But oil & USD were screaming at me, and a bit of diversification never hurts, right ;)

certainly does not.... 400 +pips on cable today, diversification is certainly the key!

Stop spamming your pay for signal service, mate.

We are sharing setups before they happen on here and no one is charging.

I do not spam thank you - my reference was of fact not of our service. We did not give any cable calls. I make the point on days that the Dollar collapses, it is good to consider other markets.

FYI - I give plenty of free calls and set ups across many forums.

In between blowing your own trumpet, probably ;)

But if I listened to everyone elses advice, I'd still be a web designer for a living.

I'd rep you but I need to spread it around first.

Yeh, a little bit of ego-massaging is good for our confidence, isn't it?

Silver Daily Pin

I missed this last night...ok WAS a potential setup...any comments on validity of pin would be appreciated...thanks

Attachments

• silver daily.gif
    silver daily.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Anyone looking at an DJ short? Double top on the 4hr chart. I'd like to see the 20ma (daily) broken before I entered. We are currently thru the monthl pivot too.

Heads up.
If anyone trades platinum....... it's a double top on the hour.

edit. And if you play breakouts....... its broken the top (for now)

Last edited:
Thanks to TD's method (and the US's Quantitative Easing)I'm up over $14K in my FX account! Still holding trades open with dollar so weak.

Well done mate...this is what it's about! :)

Now, keep it steadily building...BIGGEST MISTAKE you can make right now is get overconfident and up your risk.

If you have had a good run, keep your risk low and keep taking the setups but realise you are only as good as your next trade.

Stay patient. And report back when you have $50k.

Well done mate...this is what it's about! :)

Now, keep it steadily building...BIGGEST MISTAKE you can make right now is get overconfident and up your risk.

If you have had a good run, keep your risk low and keep taking the setups but realise you are only as good as your next trade.

Stay patient. And report back when you have $50k.

The part of my account I've allocated to FX is up 50% in 2 weeks, TD. Combined with the "Omni reverse indicator" it's working really well.

But on a serious note, I'm thinking of dropping the S&P totally and just using this general approach with FX, because even the violent moves are calm in comparison.

If you let the winners run, a lot of things can go wrong with this method (including win rate) and you can still come out on top :)

Another cracking area on the Yen with a 4hr pin.

Very key level for this pair...

And despite the stop size, excellent risk reward.

It's not one for me...the move down has been too sharp on the daily...but I will be watching for price action at this level tomorrow.

If I miss it...so be it...there is always another trade.

Attachments

• yen.gif
    yen.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 184
The part of my account I've allocated to FX is up 50% in 2 weeks, TD. Combined with the "Omni reverse indicator" it's working really well.

But on a serious note, I'm thinking of dropping the S&P totally and just using this general approach with FX, because even the violent moves are calm in comparison.

If you let the winners run, a lot of things can go wrong with this method (including win rate) and you can still come out on top :)

lol, what's the Omni Reverse Indicator?!

Another cracking area on the Yen with a 4hr pin.

Very key level for this pair...

And despite the stop size, excellent risk reward.

It's not one for me...the move down has been too sharp on the daily...but I will be watching for price action at this level tomorrow.

If I miss it...so be it...there is always another trade.

This is the trouble with this thread. Everyone's always doing the opposite to me :|

100-odd pips onside though, so should be alright.

I seem to be focussing on inside bars the most, so maybe that's the reason?

This is the trouble with this thread. Everyone's always doing the opposite to me :|

100-odd pips onside though, so should be alright.

I seem to be focussing on inside bars the most, so maybe that's the reason?

Inside bars are attractive because the stops are tight but they are not as easy to play as pins. They are prone to fakeouts a lot where you get topped and tailed.

Quantitative easing or not, I'm offering the Euro on any sign of a reversal in the blue rectangle...

TD

I agree with you there. Waiting to see how price acts as we approach this level. Will trail my stop and see what happens. It's tempting to get out right now with all this $ but will let PA take me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.