Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cable

Hi guys,

A question for TD, if I may?

You say you're going to short cable off the 4050 level. There is now a beautiful 1 hour pin at 1.4050. I would just like to know if you take the round number (1.4000) just below this into consideration?

Thanks alot

Hi guys,

A question for TD, if I may?

You say you're going to short cable off the 4050 level. There is now a beautiful 1 hour pin at 1.4050. I would just like to know if you take the round number (1.4000) just below this into consideration?

Thanks alot

I don't pay any attention to round numbers. But there is a s/r pivot at 1.3985 so get half out there and run the rest to 1.3500.

Oops! Well reminded Omni - I'll post me drivel elswhere! :)
Grim

Hey Mr G W I don't think Omni's remark was aimed you. You add a lot of good stuff, please keep it coming. (y)

I'm in a grouchy hungover and fri 13th type of mood at the moment :mad: so I will point out that there are occasionally a series post pretty unrelated to set ups or even having little relation to meaningful trading, I'd be happy for these to go elsewhere, esp so I don't have to be notified of them by email all the time, ...and I don't mean the banter that is natural in this type of forum. someone else has also made the same point recently.

Neverthless, 90% or more of the time this thread is invaluably informative and more than serves its intended purpose.

Hey Mr G W I don't think Omni's remark was aimed you. You add a lot of good stuff, please keep it coming. (y)

I'm in a grouchy hungover and fri 13th type of mood at the moment :mad: so I will point out that there are occasionally a series post pretty unrelated to set ups or even having little relation to meaningful trading, I'd be happy for these to go elsewhere, esp so I don't have to be notified of them by email all the time, ...and I don't mean the banter that is natural in this type of forum. someone else has also made the same point recently.

Neverthless, 90% or more of the time this thread is invaluably informative and more than serves its intended purpose.

Cheers old chap - I'm by no means an expert; I just try and relay stuff that I've learnt from books/losing money, making money etc.

Omni is correct that this thread should prob' be kept to set-ups so that we don't miss any good opportunities amongst the 'chat'.

Trouble is how many of us keep tabs on multiple threads? I try but I always find myself migrating back here. Should we look at a 'musings-thread' where we link post numbers on here to a new thread? We could call it the Potential Setups Annex?

That way the 'traders' can eliminate the chat etc from their thread use and those who wish for greater clarification / teachings etc can link the post to a new thread?

What are everyones thoughts? Would an Annex to this thread be good or should we just stay as is? It's Tom's thread so I guess he has the veto/ final say?

No i'm saying everyone using the last pin got hit out of their trade (unfortunately). And now it looks good for a long.

However whenever I post something here there's always a 50/50 chance with me :(.

I'm going to add on a break of 12808, but long (in my opinion) is definitely the way you should be trading. At least for short term.

As a note, i dont think TD will agree with this one but when a market starts to consolidate (like usdcad) but i think it is just building up to a breakout (up in this case) my stop gets a little wider as the chances of the locals stop hunting at the low end is V.high.

So stops below 12700 would be "safe" for your long term breakout part of trade.

Just what i have found works for me if i am in for a big move.

Heads up,
Eurjpy is making the resistance support. (nzdjpy is better placed mind)
I am building another short on equities.
And here comes eurgbp, watch for price action to sell on.

A question for you good traders... you lot ever place small trades to see if your analysis pans out - if trading a new market - or do you trade normally cos you're certain.

A question for you good traders... you lot ever place small trades to see if your analysis pans out - if trading a new market - or do you trade normally cos you're certain.

well its a smart thing to do if you arent sure, ofcourse later you might cry why didnt you put more and earn more that way.

Hi everyone, just wanted to apologise to those that have PM'd me and never got a response. I really don't have a lot of time to answer all the mails I get. So, if you have questions, the best thing to do is post them on this thread rather than PM them to me. That way, if I don't have time to answer them, some of the other good folk on here that are familar with the way I trade, might attempt too ;)

Thanks,
Tom

Hi everyone, just wanted to apologise to those that have PM'd me and never got a response. I really don't have a lot of time to answer all the mails I get. So, if you have questions, the best thing to do is post them on this thread rather than PM them to me. That way, if I don't have time to answer them, some of the other good folk on here that are familar with the way I trade, might attempt too ;)

Thanks,
Tom

Tom
When trading the 1h or daily t/f do you roll over your lets say for example eur/usd trade or take a near or far quarter contract?

regards

pat

Nice 4hr pin on euryen with another building inside on SR and Fib (23% in this case). usd yen is chipping away short too.
Could be a nice earner...

Attachments

• euroyen.gif
    euroyen.gif
    34 KB · Views: 185
Wkly chart on the above is odd. If this level falls away we have two very steep bear flags. It could however be a longer TF false break to suck in the longs; may fall to 123.00 sr level then re-attack the 126.10 level for a push north.

This is the trouble with B/outs I find - firstly you learn about trend lines, Fibs etc then how to look for break outs, expected targets all to do with channel/triangle widths etc. Then you play them; and get burnt. Fakey.

So then you don't play the next one 'cause you doubt the B/O and hey presto it pushes North 200-300 pips. Drat you say no doubt?

So the next one you play and you try to get short at the top of the break out, trying to beat the market by getting in earlier and squeezing extra pips out of a potential pin forming? Guess what? Wrong, she pushes north again!

It's such a game of tactics, second guessing, subterfuge etc it's a wonder anyone makes a decent return? But, I'm sure with persistance one can become one of the 16% club - winnners!

Tom
When trading the 1h or daily t/f do you roll over your lets say for example eur/usd trade or take a near or far quarter contract?

regards

pat

It's your choice, no right and wrong here. Just beware of how much it is costing you to roll positions. Especially if doing daily timeframe trades that you may hold for months.

Heads up.
I am trying to sell the eurgbp retrace. It will take a while to turn so dont rush in with size.

Heads up.
I am trying to sell the eurgbp retrace. It will take a while to turn so dont rush in with size.

Is that a warning mate that you are stepping in with a market moving amount of cash??
I'll get out of my long in that case - cheers!! LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.