Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly pin on gold. Very steep upward TL on wkly chart. Could be seen by some as a hanging man candle becuase it's near a top and not really hanging in free space.

Oil has a wkly hanging man candle.

USDYEN on a weekly chart looks like a classic bear flag now. Those wave followers will notice we've only had 2 down moves.

Eurusd I'm confused with. The wkly chart tells me it should go up, but then fundementals tell me it should crash like lemming off a cliff. Talk of Austria on the brink of being bankrupt after lending nearly 80% of GDP to Eastern European countries. Bodes bad for Europe.

Cable is due a retrace back to poss 1.70 region before crashing back down again?

I have recently added another set of charts to my MT4 and all they have is TLs, SR levels and Heiken Ashe candles on. You should try it for the pairs you follow and leave them on the weekly and monthly TFs. The trends/directions stand out like a sore thumb.

Cable for example has broken out of a huge yearly triangle. Look at all that red on this recent down move!

Attachments

• cable.gif
    cable.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 209
You're completely over analysing it.

Thanks for your reply (and the time to go through it). On reading it again it might have come across that I was questioning your trade in some way. If it did, my sincere apologies as it wasn't meant to.:eek:

With out a doubt I was over analysing that one!

The reason (my excuse anyhow), was that I was trying to understand the difference between this trade which went well, and several that I have paper traded that haven't! They also 'bounced' around the entry point before going the opposite way to my trade - I swear the market knows me and just loves to take my money!:(

Having looked again I suspect that I was too keen to try things out and probably took trades that weren't really high probability trades (they were Pins, but not as we know them Captain!):confused:.

No harm done, only paper money. But I treat it as my own because until I can get it right on paper, I can't put real money into it.

Obviously more patience and study needed. But then I'm only up to Page 113 of 318 in your Making Money thread. I hope that you and some of the others here are still around when I finish. A lot more midnight oil for me to burn then - how's the price of oil looking? :)

Webinvester

USDYEN on a weekly chart looks like a classic bear flag now. Those wave followers will notice we've only had 2 down moves.

I "think" the usdyen will be moving down soon but I have a short term (next week) bias for usdyen to get around 100/101 once the price is around here I be waiting for the right set up to take a short position.

Happy Trading :)

Anyone got a spare 5k? Want to double your money without all that bothering around? Open an SB account tomorrow and go 20 quid a point on the Dow, use the lot. Easy money!

I'll get back to this post, do a bit of managing and all that.

Anyone got a spare 5k? Want to double your money without all that bothering around? Open an SB account tomorrow and go 20 quid a point on the Dow, use the lot. Easy money!

I'll get back to this post, do a bit of managing and all that.

Best tip I ever got !! Oh - are we short or long ?:confused:

Hi Dante wots your call for opening on dow tomorrow

Claudia! I was just trying to chat you up on the other thread...

I only make calls when I feel certain I know where price is going, which I don't at the moment with the Dow.

I think the next easy money opportunity won't be in the Dow, so I am watching it less and less now.

I think USD/CAD is going to be the next one to watch.

Wait for the break and retest of 1.3000 for a 1,000 pip target of 1.4000.

Send me half the profit for making ya think which way to go :smart: keep any loss i dont mind that. GOOD LUCK!

It's only 5% spread accross 250 Dow points, wait till you see my next trade if that one goes against me:cheesy:

Paul 'Matingale' 71 is in the house! :LOL:;)

see what the euro markets do first - I going long on swissy for tonights opening

You dont like the long dow tip much then... swissy is negatively correlated to stocks.
Investors see swissy as a safe haven.. & it's not because they produce good watches :LOL:, the place is full of Nazi gold.

I only make calls when I feel certain I know where price is going, which I don't at the moment with the Dow.

I think the next easy money opportunity won't be in the Dow, so I am watching it less and less now.

Bullish wedge! I love these plays... already long at 128 the figure from a 30min trigger

already long at 128 the figure from a 30min trigger

price seems to have foretold
a great setup, so I'm sold
now you have to be bold
and do your best to hold

if it the dollar breaks out, there could be a rout
it will be a good tout so I'll give you a shout

price seems to have foretold
a great setup, so I'm sold
now you have to be bold
and do your best to hold

if it the dollar breaks out, there could be a rout
it will be a good tout so I'll give you a shout

Great bit of advice you mention
so I'll pay some attention
If this goes right I'll give you a 4mention
otherwise commit to trader detention

You may be on the money for the medium to long term,(here's hoping not) but I feel there is still some downside on this pair short term,(oil 5 week high) we got a couple of hundred pip rejection last week as it approached 1.30 and hopefully it will be the same again this week, you will get some resistance as it is such a major level,I would be very suprised if it blew straight through 1.30,and a little bit poorer,we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.