Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
4hr pin on Gold - I wasn't greedy and took my 130 pips when it hit my target at 930. I have another short in below at 926 should it reject that level too, but it's Friday and like Gecko said, Rugby is on. That bund short is gonna tank nicely if these indicies keep rising :)
Have a good weekend y'all
DC

PS Before I go - Yen, looking at the usdyen daily we have a hanging man candle. These are usualy quite profitable me as a short; the quandry is the collection of 4h and 1hr Pins. I'm still long with a tight stop - just wondering if we have seen the most out of the yen short for a bit??

Bund Plan
========
Short Order @ 124.15, Stop 124.45, 1st Target 123.85
No Long orders currently!

This should trigger next week... unless we have an eventful rest of the Friday ;-)

snp still hasn't broken 4hr pin... eurp/jpy looks set for some range bound activity... gold hourly could be interesting (might wait for a retest of the lows on the the snp for a tighter entry for the ftse 4hr pin)

Last edited:
FTSE Hourly pin in the making....

ftse_27feb2009_001.gif

If you are playing gold the best way for me is always wait for the 1-2-3's. Gold seems to be the master at it. I now see how I was trading blind on gold all those years, playing every break etc.
We have a bloody great tweezer top on gold weekly - suggesting we may see the fib 161.8 and SR level at 890. Below that 807.

Usdcad

Hello
USDCAD broke out of this triangle on the 4hr / daily.
If it comes back to retest and finds support off the upper trendline do you think it is a good buy back up to 1.30?
Thanks
Nicola

PS yesterdays candle was a pin I think

Attachments

• usdcaddaily.gif
    usdcaddaily.gif
    54.3 KB · Views: 213
If you are playing gold the best way for me is always wait for the 1-2-3's. Gold seems to be the master at it. I now see how I was trading blind on gold all those years, playing every break etc.
We have a bloody great tweezer top on gold weekly - suggesting we may see the fib 161.8 and SR level at 890. Below that 807.

Nice spot Grim, I will be watching gold carefully next week;)

Aussie play

This looks good to me, i would love some feedback?

I would play this gap fill like so. Big swing with a tight stop for 50 pips or so.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 227
Hello
USDCAD broke out of this triangle on the 4hr / daily.
If it comes back to retest and finds support off the upper trendline do you think it is a good buy back up to 1.30?
Thanks
Nicola

PS yesterdays candle was a pin I think

I am out of this pair at the moment,but if it starts edging up to 1.30 I will be hammering the shorts,recent history shows it has bounced off this level,with some venom so we will just have to see,and wait, but certainly there should be a good opportunity coming up on this pair

This looks good to me, i would love some feedback?

I would play this gap fill like so. Big swing with a tight stop for 50 pips or so.

The gap will get filled one day. But you need to bear in mind that the current trend is downwards and your buy order is over 500pips in the other direction. So it depends how long you want to wait for it to be filled. I am not sure what your strategy is but if I was looking to play a gap fill I would be looking for the gap to be filled during the trading day that the gap appeared.

I personally wouldn't be looking at this trade as I like to look at what the price is doing now and price shows no indication right now of filling the gap from January.

I think the key question that you need to ask yourself is what you are basing this order on. If for example you know that gaps are filled in AUDUSD 100% of the time or if your system shows that price is going to jump over 600pips then it is a good trade.

This is just my opinion though so keep doing what works for you. I am fairly new to this so I hope I what I have said makes sense. Happy Trading for the week ahead. :)

I put my whole life into the dow dropping below 7000

It looks as though dante has taken the food from my children's mouths.

You should be feeding them caviar for the rest of their life.

I hope you didn't come out.

But if you did, don't worry. Because the real move is going to happen today.

And trust me, you don't want to miss this.

The gap will get filled one day. But you need to bear in mind that the current trend is downwards and your buy order is over 500pips in the other direction. So it depends how long you want to wait for it to be filled. I am not sure what your strategy is but if I was looking to play a gap fill I would be looking for the gap to be filled during the trading day that the gap appeared.

I personally wouldn't be looking at this trade as I like to look at what the price is doing now and price shows no indication right now of filling the gap from January.

I think the key question that you need to ask yourself is what you are basing this order on. If for example you know that gaps are filled in AUDUSD 100% of the time or if your system shows that price is going to jump over 600pips then it is a good trade.

This is just my opinion though so keep doing what works for you. I am fairly new to this so I hope I what I have said makes sense. Happy Trading for the week ahead. :)

Even though there is a downward trend, the weekly price range has been 300-400 pips lately. I would was just presenting it a small, high probability entry and exit should price approach those levels.

I am also new and I appreciate the feedback. :smart:

ramrob

USD/GBP 1hr

USD/GBP 1hr

Another Bounce or a Break ?

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 161
USD/JPY a possible short? what are the long term fundamental views against?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.