Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Long

A bit late but a long on gold off 930 looks good. Resistance becomes support at the 61% retrace to feb 10th. Might have another retest tomorrow for a double bottom.

Shane

Attachments

• New Picture.JPG
    New Picture.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 184
Ftse to trade below 3800 and close low, gold to trade above 950, pound 143 high at lunch then to fall after cheery old Mervyn K hits the headlines

Lets see if I can spec from news and chart patters lol.

Oil -US crude has hit its 50 day MA, a pin bar @ 7pm marks its peak for the time being, I'm looking for a pull back to 42.50 ish (area of congestion and just before the 38% fib from recent peak)

Shire Pharma 2nd update

I havent posted in ages........ hello all the old boys, if you're still following.

Check the chart.

Shire Pharma 2nd update

Attachments

• Shire Pharma Short 2nd update.JPG
    Shire Pharma Short 2nd update.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 178
Gbpusd H&s?

can anyone help on this one? I just may be seeing things!
Is that a H&S building out on the H1 cable...?
If it is & it breaks = a possible test of the lows.

Attachments

• GBPUSD.doc
    64 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Is your S&L access working now or are you still locked out from the ATM :cheesy:

Busy with my other ATM's at the moment...I was talking to another trader here this morning as we wandered out for an early lunch...right now, these equities are "free money"...not a term I like to use because inevitably everyone hates you for saying it...but it is true...just sell a rally, short and hold...sure it won't last forever...but right now it's such an easy play.

Dow will go below 7k today.

Interesting to see exactly how it responds to GDP though. I favour the S&P to break the double bottom sharply as stops get hit and then spike back above it as "fear" that it won't hold comes in etc...same old story...either way...wait for it to settle down and then hit it short.

you made me soil my record. I took out 5 contracts on a "certain" short on the bund. I didnt put a stop on. Now my demo account is down 2.5k. How the f does it keep rising forever?

you made me soil my record. I took out 5 contracts on a "certain" short on the bund. I didnt put a stop on. Now my demo account is down 2.5k. How the f does it keep rising forever?

I sold it at 125.24 and covered it at 125.04...no reason for you to have taken a loss on it...

Dow will go at least to 6950 today. Take my word for it.

That 75 points will make up for any screw up you made on the Bund.

Attachments

• wellsfargo.jpg
    wellsfargo.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 135
Update of yesterday eur/jpy :

Now maybe time to cover a few costs (y)

Attachments

• eurjpyupdate.gif
    eurjpyupdate.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 161
Any of you guys watching the Bund might like to take a look at a 10yr chart too... if the PA develops there could be some good shorts here.

Attachments

• bund.png
    bund.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 10yr.PNG
    10yr.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 167
I sold it at 125.24 and covered it at 125.04...no reason for you to have taken a loss on it...

Dow will go at least to 6950 today. Take my word for it.

That 75 points will make up for any screw up you made on the Bund.

I stopped using stops because sometimes I was too eager shorting the indices because I'm in work and dont really have time to continually follow the market and it was swinging against me before coming back down to me. I will start using them again.

I didnt know they were announcing US GDP so i missed that one. Also I thought the FTSE would fall on Mervyn Kings sdtatement that the banks are gonna need more money but now I'm guessing that the fall is due to US GDP being used as an indicator.

Nice 1hr Pin on usdyen.
Confluence with SR level at 97.00 and the H4 20 ema.

Attachments

• usdyen.gif
    usdyen.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.