Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get long Cable.

How come Tom? Trading's great is it not. This is why we have a market because of the differing views.
It's a bold move I'll admit, trying to short into that strong uptrend on cable; If the indicies start going up again and dragging usdyen up with them I may reconsider.
My FTSE chart shows bearish divergance between PA tops and MACD tops, so I think we may have a small fall due back to 4168 ish. That should pull cable down too?
Let me know if I'm talking B@lls! :)
Grim

at the risk of bringing funnymentals into this, how is GBP hittin all time highs against USD when the BOE is slashin rates like a brazillian farmer in a rainforest?? just a thought

All time highs hmmm where was it trading about 6 months ago? Where was it trading Oct 07? Where was it trading Oct 80. Hell where was it trading a month ago. Where is it trading now? Which is highest?

I just don't see what you are seeing to be honest. So its gone up for the last 10 days or so.....that's hardly a big deal (or all time highs for that matter). You need to see things in context is all. Oh and news is usually priced in before it is announced though it does give people the chance to run markets around a bit to catch out the unwary.

You said you didn't think trendlines mean anything last time around... but if you noticed how this one broke during the previous night, you'd be crazy to go long...

Yeah guys, chill out, it was toungue in cheek to wind up Pelzar...I've taken a few hundred ticks out of it today on the short side. No way I would have gone long!!

Yeah guys, chill out, it was toungue in cheek to wind up Pelzar...I've taken a few hundred ticks out of it today on the short side. No way I would have gone long!!

T-D - don't do that!!!!
There are simple folk here trying to learn trading, I could have spent the whole day going long!!!! :(;)

T-D - don't do that!!!!
There are simple folk here trying to learn trading, I could have spent the whole day going long!!!! :(;)

I apologise rikrok and point taken - I won't do this again.

If in doubt though, you can apply this simple test (think of it as a bullsh*t detector).

If I start anything with "I think" or I simply say "It's going up...down...etc"...you can take it with a pinch of salt.

If I make a serious call, I will alway post a chart and give my reasoning or I will actually say that I am long / short myself as the case may be.

you sweaty ******. You still short? im holding this one a while longer!!

Pelz mate, I was short from 14753, 14719 and 14700 in the March future and then I closed them all and went long at 14667 which I closed for 20 pips profit.

I'm totally flat now - not running any overnights on this.

Tom,
Do you operate on the 1hr plus TFs or do you go any lower for 'tactical' entries? I find that as soon as I drop a TF to see what may be creeping up on me, I get spooked and bomb the trade. In my analysis I thought that Cable would hit 1.44 (earlier in this thread) but did I take the 400 pips on offer today? - NO! Arrhh. Back to discipline camp for me. I got spooked around 1400 on the 15m TF, tightened my stop and got wacked, thus missing out on the major part of the move.
How do you (and Pelzar, Candles et al) DEAL with the temptation to go to the lower TFs and get spooked? Do you abide by the rule of only exiting on the TF you entered on?
Grim

mate im still short from yesterday, been selling all the way down. anybody got any thoughts on cable?

I apologise rikrok and point taken - I won't do this again.

If in doubt though, you can apply this simple test (think of it as a bullsh*t detector).

If I start anything with "I think" or I simply say "It's going up...down...etc"...you can take it with a pinch of salt.

If I make a serious call, I will alway post a chart and give my reasoning or I will actually say that I am long / short myself as the case may be.

Cheers TD, don't let my comments cramp your style.:)
At the end of the day we all have to do our own research & take responsibility for our own trading.

Today I made plenty of points in the morning & gave em back later in the day.
As is often the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.