Status
Not open for further replies.
GBP/USD 1 hr

GBP/USD 1 hr

Attachments

• GBPUSD 1hr.JPG
    GBPUSD 1hr.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 149
This area here 60ish is the deciding factor i feel. It just bounced, :|.

Edit: trend line held, 30 pip bounce up, faded it for 20 :). Only did one trade today.

3 touches of that line - the next must be a break:cheesy:

Serioulsy, I bet you made your money in 30 minutes, and I've been here all day!

3 touches of that line - the next must be a break:cheesy:

Serioulsy, I bet you made your money in 30 minutes, and I've been here all day!

I wish i was watching this all day!

I was hungover! Tried to do a similiar trade earlier but couldn't login on time (sell of 13850 to 13825ish).

I'm already looking forward to next week lol.

ps. yeah I love lines :), it means there's plenty of gaps to fill - 1 sec let me post a chart

posted.

Could tell it was going to break by what price was showing me, could have gotten a long in and my target was the next trendline. Wasn't expecting it to fill with momentum so fast and I would have taken at the first peak 13850.. not the second. This is where i would have reversed after the pause, bounce, then squeeze. I was going to short this but my platform couldn't sign in!

What hours do you work?

Attachments

• thisone.jpg
    thisone.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
93 points in the end.

Damned line.

The second bloke was a much better liar today, with his tail right on yesterday's rejected prices :)

Attachments

• exit.jpg
    exit.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 198
I wish i was watching this all day!

I was hungover! Tried to do a similiar trade earlier but couldn't login on time (sell of 13850 to 13825ish).

I'm already looking forward to next week lol.

ps. yeah I love lines :), it means there's plenty of gaps to fill - 1 sec let me post a chart

posted.

Could tell it was going to break by what price was showing me, could have gotten a long in and my target was the next trendline. Wasn't expecting it to fill with momentum so fast and I would have taken at the first peak 13850.. not the second. This is where i would have reversed after the pause, bounce, then squeeze. I was going to short this but my platform couldn't sign in!

What hours do you work?

I'm doing 6.00am 'til 9:15 -absoluteley knackered to be honest.

What about you, Phil. Are you at one of the prop shops?

6.00 - 9.15pm?! What's that, a half day??? ;)

It's not all glamour being a trader...the markets get their pound of flesh while you are learning the game...and even when you experienced too...

I get up at 5.15am. Get to work for 6.45am. Leave about 4.30pm but then I watch it from 6.30pm when I get in till bed about 11pm...even have dinner infront of the screen...then most nights I am woken two or three times when levels are hit in the Asian session...

P.S - I'm watching USD/NOK most nights like a hawk.

I wouldn't have the balls to take this...too scared it would fake like a b*tch but I have to say the odds are that when that blows it's going to go parabolic.

Attachments

• nok.gif
    nok.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 257

What about you, Phil. Are you at one of the prop shops?

More or less the same mate, 6-5ish to 9ish. No I'm not a prop shop but i'm doing very well for myself - My goal is to get a track record before applying :).

Trader D, your a geek.

You guys are having it real easy.... :)))

I do what you are doing and also keep on top of my office work (which is nothing to do with trading)

It's not all glamour being a trader...the markets get their pound of flesh while you are learning the game...and even when you experienced too...

I get up at 5.15am. Get to work for 6.45am. Leave about 4.30pm but then I watch it from 6.30pm when I get in till bed about 11pm...even have dinner infront of the screen...then most nights I am woken two or three times when levels are hit in the Asian session...

I wouldn't have the balls to take this...too scared it would fake like a b*tch but I have to say the odds are that when that blows it's going to go parabolic.

No wife to nag you then:)

hello again all, long time no post for me! USD/NOK looks like it could blow its top alright dante, do you ever look to trade this type of movement in its trend channel? or do you strictly look for breakouts

hello again all, long time no post for me! USD/NOK looks like it could blow its top alright dante, do you ever look to trade this type of movement in its trend channel? or do you strictly look for breakouts

I sometimes enter on a breakout if I feel that the pressure is such that it won't false break. But normally I would wait for a break and get in on the retest.

Last edited:
Whats tradable at the moment - so many majors just ranging boringly ... :)

mgergs, you see this is the major problem for a lot of people. They don't know what to trade. I think you really need to keep your eye on a lot of markets because there is always a "hot" market that is offering quick money.

I never understand people that sit there taking less than perfect setups in the market(s) they trade because that market is not offering anything but still they feel they should be trading.

Meanwhile, other markets are giving low risk, high reward, high probability setups. But still, you get people that say "oh, I don't trade the Bunds" or "oh, I never look at Wheat" or "I hate Eur/Gbp, as it's always moved so slowly" or "I couldn't trade Natural Gas, I don't know anything about it" .

Do you need to when you are trading the price action? Well, yes, knowing the times it trades, the news that affects it and the way it moves can help but I don't believe its vital. You trade what you see.

The FX majors were always my bread and butter but last year I made a killing in Wheat because that was where the easy money was. The trend was up. The volatility was huge. The pullbacks were minimal. Then this year it was Oil. It comes to a huge level. You have your eye on that level. You take advantage of it.

Gravitate to where the easy plays are. And if you don't know what makes an easy play, what business have you trading FX in the first place?

Right now I have a bullish bias on Cable but the market is not acting as it should. What am I going to do? Sit there and wait for hours, days, weeks for it to line up right and in the meantime do nothing? Try and get involved on the long side and lose money?

Or move over to the Dow and the Bunds which are practically begging to give you money?

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.