Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save any confusion, I think this is the trade he's talking about.

Draw a fib from the high to the low and you will see that the 50% overlays the S/R pivot PERFECTLY.

Also note how the hourly forms a double top with a pin (or inside bar depending on the charting).

What a setup!!

And now the EXACT SAME SETUP on the FTSE 5m?!?!?

S/R flip with 50% fib confluence and a pin at the swing high.

It's tanking!!

Who is giving away all this money?!

and the 5mins dow :D and my bottles from etx just arrived :D christmas really is coming early :p Tom if you want save your bottle of champagne and when your taking a new girl out for a date, drop it off, then bring her to the restaurant later ask for the best champagne in the house and ill bring it out for you ;) and because it's you might even receive the full goodfellas treatment :p

YouTube - Classic Scene - Goodfellas (Tracking Shot)

same setup on the euro 1hr,only its an inside bar.
ps there was a pin on the 15min

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (09-DEC-08).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (09-DEC-08).png
    12.1 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
same setup on the euro 1hr,only its an inside bar.
ps there was a pin on the 15min

I notice a cycle in setups.

You get nothing decent for a few days or even sometimes weeks and then suddenly you get handfuls of trades at once that all fly.

I notice a cycle in setups.

You get nothing decent for a few days or even sometimes weeks and then suddenly you get handfuls of trades at once that all fly.

Hi Trader Dante..

Can you send me a screen shot of the set up your talking about on the FTSE.
I went long this morning and sold around 30 points from the peak. was looking at the short back down but chickened out. As I was plaesed with 74 pips.

Any targets for British Pound And Euro?

Hello there T_D,
My first post here. Do you have any target on the hourly for both Pound and Euro? I've been long on both of them and have targets set at 1.3132 for Euro and 1.5040 on the Pound(around yesterday's swing high). May not get there but better have an exit than be in doubt.

If you have any targets for the day could you please educate me? thanks
Relaxed Trader In Maryland

Cable is up 226 pips on the daily IB entry.

Cad/Jpy is up 85 pips on the daily pin entry.

Usd/Cad is up 110 pips on the daily pin entry.

Oil is up 159 ticks on the open.

Bunds are down 95 on the open. :) (+95 if you're short like me)

The S&P has gone through the roof. Thank you, Lord!!

P.S. The psychic hotline will report again later.

Stopped Out

T_D,
I was stopped out at 1.29729(Euros) and 1.479(GBP). Oh well! Was able to keep bulk of my profits. Maybe you already talk about exits and targets in your other thread. I"m going through them. Later
Regards
R_Tin Maryland
Hello there T_D,
My first post here. Do you have any target on the hourly for both Pound and Euro? I've been long on both of them and have targets set at 1.3132 for Euro and 1.5040 on the Pound(around yesterday's swing high). May not get there but better have an exit than be in doubt.

If you have any targets for the day could you please educate me? thanks
Relaxed Trader In Maryland

Eur/usd

Hello Dante,
Did you go long again today in Euros? Looks like it's still heading out to 3132. Belated entry here based on monthly and weekly chart patterns but for an intraday trade. Still studying your set up from the other thread(on page 30).
Hope you're having a good day.
R_T

Tomorrow I expect to see the twig bird pay a visit to below $40 in the Crude.

being wrong about crude below 40 has worked out nicely for you TD lol

Yes I was a little surprised that we didn't go lower. I managed to get some in at $42.20 (32 ticks off the low) and rode it all the way up before puking it around $45.30.

A breakout to the upside was just what was needed to get some weak hands long thinking the bottom is in and we are on our way back to $50.

I'm flat now and waiting for a break below $40 tomorrow now to try and accumulate some more.

Hopefully we may squeeze down to $35 where I have another level.

are you still building a long position on the way down?

Yes, that is the plan, without a doubt.

But the key to making money in this at the moment is accumulating a position on the spikes lower by putting on just enough so that you can make some good profit if it goes up but you can average into a REAL position if it continues on down.

So what you want to do is average your way into multiple positions.

So, you are basically hoping it will go against you and you can get a good position but you need to also keep scaling out some on each spike higher without losing your core position.

Right now it has been good for that as the bulls and bears battle it out between $40 and $45.

Although as of now I am completely flat and watching it rally back to near $44.

I was tempted to take some at $42.45 but I feel sure that it is going to try to get below $40 so I held off.

The big danger is you miss it altogether. lol

Although the fear of that may mean you buy the high.

Like anything you need discipline.

That was a nice trade..

after trying frantically to log in and mistyping my pwd a million times when it was at 42 i had to let it go >.>

Lovely lovely trade on USD/CAD today :)

It happens once, its an accident
It happens twice, its a coincidence

This thing happened the THIRD time !!

swweeeeet!

Yes, that is the plan, without a doubt.

But the key to making money in this at the moment is accumulating a position on the spikes lower by putting on just enough so that you can make some good profit if it goes up but you can average into a REAL position if it continues on down.

So what you want to do is average your way into multiple positions.

So, you are basically hoping it will go against you and you can get a good position but you need to also keep scaling out some on each spike higher without losing your core position.

Right now it has been good for that as the bulls and bears battle it out between $40 and $45.

Although as of now I am completely flat and watching it rally back to near $44.

I was tempted to take some at $42.45 but I feel sure that it is going to try to get below $40 so I held off.

The big danger is you miss it altogether. lol

Although the fear of that may mean you buy the high.

Like anything you need discipline.

think you might have missed the boat on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.